Wind Restrictor is back... In buz. - Page 2 - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Wind Restrictor

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 60 (permalink) Old 01-22-2007, 02:27 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKY N View Post
robert please contact me regardin my order wild (insert rose) thing....
I think you would get better response if you were to go to Robert's site directly instead of carrying on your beef here. You need to go to www.WindRestrictor.com and send him an e-mail from there. Or better yet, call him directly at (214) 881-4SKY. Because of all the threads here, and if I were as ill as Robert and trying to continue to run a business, I would not be hunting through all these threads for business gripes or leads.

Also, if you need installation instructions, there are step by step instructions on his website. I have the version 2, and if you have any questions about installation, please PM me. I, too, received mine two days before Christmas, and installed it with no problems, albeit I don't have the illuminated one.

Hope you can resolve this issue without any more threats.

2007 Sky Redline
Silver Pearl w/ Black Top - 5-Speed Manual
Black/Red Leather Interior
Decklid Spoiler
CD/MP3 Player
V2 Windrestrictor
ClearBra
Lil Chromies and Stubby Antenna
RPi GT Exhaust System + Custom Trunk Extension

Last edited by HappyAmI; 01-22-2007 at 02:32 PM.
post #17 of 60 (permalink) Old 01-22-2007, 02:30 PM

thanks for the one decent reply i have had...

we have tried to conatct him in all ways.. i get no return emails all i got was one with it will ship tommorow and yet to receive it... we called get same response so this is a last resort..i just rathr this get solved then watch robert lose more money... it looks great just ned the extra parts for the rest of the install
post #18 of 60 (permalink) Old 01-22-2007, 03:04 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Rick Tinley Park
I can understand the protective nature many of the members have for Robert's Wind Restrictors. We know of his work, his attention to detail and his health issues.
Some newer members coming here don't have that relationship yet.
To the newer members I'd like to say:
Welcome to owning a new bred of car and with that ownership, entry into the great unknown. This includes aftermarket items. Many of these companies are SKY-centric so they have a very small market to sell to. Additionally they are often cottage industries and have limited if any additional employees. You are taking a chance in helping an entrepreneur get started.
To the businesses I say - when you have difficulties or are caught in a bind (whether it be business, financial or health) you should make sure that the customers "caught" in the cycle are kept abreast. Certainly health emergencies and other sudden calamities can screw this all up. Everyone need to be aware these are not multi-million dollar establishments in most cases.
In the mean time everyone needs to be understanding, and that also means if a customer wants to get their money back, they certainly have every right to ask for it and use what means are available to recover the money.
All in all treat everyone exactly how you wish to be treated.

Rick Tinley Park

Delivered June 15, 2006
VIN - 3099
Sunburst Yellow
Painted Calipers
Brushed aluminum Interior panels
GM CAI
Yellow Engine cover and Fuse box
Custom Lighted Door Sills (WR)
Name - Sunni1
IL License # - YLO SKY 1

Last edited by Rick Tinley Park; 01-22-2007 at 03:07 PM.
post #19 of 60 (permalink) Old 01-22-2007, 03:16 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Quote:

we have tried to conatct him in all ways.. i get no return emails all i got was one with it will ship tommorow and yet to receive it... we called get same response so this is a last resort..i just rathr this get solved then watch robert lose more money... it looks great just ned the extra parts for the rest of the install
Have you tried calling Lori? She left a post on this forum someplace. She is helping address customer issues while Robert has been ill.

Order # KFFM9D
1100 5/30/06
2000 11/9/06
3000 11/17/06
3400 12/2/06
3800 12/20/06 - Vin # 1G8MG35X17Y122151
4b00 12/20/06
Home 1/3/07
Sky Redline - Anubis
Black Onyx / Red Interior
Manual Tran.
Spoiler
Monsoon
Tinted windows
post #20 of 60 (permalink) Old 01-22-2007, 03:34 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Quote:

What parts do you need? Maybe someone here can help. What version do you have? PM me if you have any questions about the install...only if it is version 2 though. I'm not familiar with version 1.

2007 Sky Redline
Decklid Spoiler
CD/MP3 Player
V2 Windrestrictor
ClearBra
post #21 of 60 (permalink) Old 01-22-2007, 03:39 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Tinley Park View Post
In the mean time everyone needs to be understanding, and that also means if a customer wants to get their money back, they certainly have every right to ask for it and use what means are available to recover the money.
All in all treat everyone exactly how you wish to be treated.
Sorry if I sounded intolerant, but I have seen this issue from this frustrated member in different posts on different threads. I was trying to give constructive help, and apologize if it came across as anything but helpful.

2007 Sky Redline
Decklid Spoiler
CD/MP3 Player
V2 Windrestrictor
ClearBra
post #22 of 60 (permalink) Old 01-22-2007, 03:56 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Rick Tinley Park
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyAmI View Post
Sorry if I sounded intolerant, but I have seen this issue from this frustrated member in different posts on different threads. I was trying to give constructive help, and apologize if it came across as anything but helpful.

Nothing attached to you or any specific comments -- just a general comment...

Rick Tinley Park

Delivered June 15, 2006
VIN - 3099
Sunburst Yellow
Painted Calipers
Brushed aluminum Interior panels
GM CAI
Yellow Engine cover and Fuse box
Custom Lighted Door Sills (WR)
Name - Sunni1
IL License # - YLO SKY 1
post #23 of 60 (permalink) Old 01-22-2007, 09:32 PM

sorry for the uglier pot but i had it all done nice and neat then tried to copy another memebrs reply but closed the other on accident

basically we are waitin on the brake thing... was told originally that he was gettin a newer design one and once it showed up it would ship.. about 2 weeks ago we get an emails sayin they came in and will ship out tommorow.. needless to say i have yet to receive anything

no i have not contacted lori bk i never knew she was helpin.. ifsomeone has her number it would be nice if someone wants to pm it to me...

no offense on your post "happyamI"

your the first one that has tried to help instead of bash me bk i seem to s*uck at typin today...

like stated before any help would be greatly appresiated as i rather this work out then my parents deny the cc charge.. they have felt he has hd long enough and when all i get is dont you kow where he is at.. just twerks me bk if it is that bad he doesnt need to make a post first of jan sayin he is back up and runin
post #24 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-01-2007, 09:42 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Quote:
robert please contact me regardin my order wild (insert rose) thing....
The mistake I made when I took your order... or the order is that you placed for your dad, or mom or what ever is that you told me you wanted a custom etching "SKY N" then you emailed me from 2-3 different email addresses this was very confusing, then your DAD called me and after HOURS of working on your custom rose graphics and then having spent lots more time and money having the graphics converted by some one to be etched EXACTLY THE WAY your dad wanted it this all delayed the time it would have took KEEPING IN MIND that I received NO payment till 1,2 weeks after I started this custom project. Once I got it ready to etched your dad offered to pay and sent the funds from a different email address and this was very confusing as well. I got it etched very quickly and was one of the HARDEST jobs I ever did, I SHOULD have charged you 4-500$ but I charged you a VERYYYYYYYY low price what I charge for a basic custom etching. I just dont get all this drama. You made me feel so bad I threw in a NEW version 85$ brake lamp mod! and shipped overnight I lost tons of money and tons of time just this order held up 5 other orders. (sorry good customers) I should have told you it would take 6-8 weeks to get this done, but I did my best. I lost a ton of sleep over this order you don't know how it feels to be sick work your tail off then even drive 45+ min away to the 24 hour post office to ship in time to go out overnight and then wait in line for 1 or 2 hours and then its 3 min. past the dead line for overnight and still have to pay the shipping for overnight. Well anyway's I hope you are happy if not send back for full refund.

ALL INSTRUCTIONS WILL BE UPLOADED TO THE SITE IN 48 HOURS MAX...

God bless

Last edited by Wind Restrictor; 08-12-2014 at 04:41 PM.
post #25 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-01-2007, 09:45 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Robert!!!!!

Great to see you back, buddy! I hope you aren't stressing yourself too much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRinKY View Post
First, you shouldn't discount the utility of the jelly, but the KY in my name represents Kentucky, which is where I live.
Are you an organ donor?
post #26 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-01-2007, 09:48 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
tHANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT!!!!!!!!! I NEED IT

Things are going smoother than EVER b4 it was JUST me now I have 8 people working 12-15 hour days getting things going smoothly.

We are saying 6-8 weeks due to the catch ups but we have got 95 % of late orders shipped

AS FAR as my site I have not be making ANY sales what so ever! I have not been able to recive 1 $ for paypal yet then have been taking out TONS from my bank account to refund to customrs that complain. THE site works but try to send funds to me and you can not.

SO Im not messing any one around! I would never do that.

Thanks again guys yall are like my family
post #27 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-01-2007, 11:24 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 920 Post(s)
Garage
Robert...u r too nice to SKY N...not a deserving customer...u r in business to make a FAIR PROFIT. Dealing with him and parents and different e-mail addresses...and then having him complain to PAY-PAL...after what he knew u have been through...You are just TOO NICE A PERSON.

Thanks again LORI for your assistance.
post #28 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-02-2007, 12:28 AM
First 2000 Sr. Member

I am interested in ordering one myself, but I am in no hurry, so I will wait a while.
I looked at your new website but I am not totally sure I understand the etching options if I wanted one that looked like the example below, which do I choose?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SKY_ARC_01_RED.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	13.4 KB
ID:	10797  

Blue Skys Ahead!
Midnight Blue, Tan/Black Leather
6-disc CD/MPG player with Monsoon
XM
Chrome Wheels
License Plate: SKYRIDE
Ordered 3/10/06
3800 5/10/06
Delivered 6/15/06
post #29 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-02-2007, 12:41 AM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Robert
Was talking to Mike the other day and he told me they took u off the donor list and we both feared the worst. SO SO glad it was not, GOD HAS TRULY BLESSED U!! So glad u r doing better bud!! MIKE HE MAY B TOO NICE BUT MAYBE JUST MAYBE GOD SAW THAT and spared him cuz he still has work to do here. BEst wishes and get well.

Miguel.

MIDNITE BLUE SKY 5spd lsd
HID Lights 6000K
Air Horn
Cockpit Motion sensor alarm
LED windscreen
Magnaflow Quad exhaust model #14267 (muffler)
Foose Chrome rims
Opel tail lights.
Moving LED 3rd Brake light
Blue LED turn signal lights
post #30 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-02-2007, 02:59 AM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by migg750 View Post
Robert
Was talking to Mike the other day and he told me they took u off the donor list and we both feared the worst. SO SO glad it was not, GOD HAS TRULY BLESSED U!! So glad u r doing better bud!! MIKE HE MAY B TOO NICE BUT MAYBE JUST MAYBE GOD SAW THAT and spared him cuz he still has work to do here. BEst wishes and get well.

Miguel.
Robert, I am so glad you have surfaced and are doing better! We were all worried about you. I hope you got my messages when I called. I love my WR and get so many compliments. And you need to take care of yourself. You are only one person and can't be everything to everybody.

2007 Sky Redline
Decklid Spoiler
CD/MP3 Player
V2 Windrestrictor
ClearBra

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Vendors > Wind Restrictor

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in