Wind Restrictor is back... In buz. - Page 4 - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Wind Restrictor

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-03-2007, 05:53 PM

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Robert, I am very glad that your health is improving and that you are able to continue your business doing what you enjoy.
Quote:
MidniteBlues : .....
Can I ask you couple questions? I was not aware that they are able to take money out a private account w/o clearance, are you saying that Paypal is taking money OUT of your private business account? Did you give them permission to do this?, or did they do this on their own? or did you make the transferr yourself to your paypal account?. I have heard horror stories about Paypal and some of their tactics and in my opinion illegal activities in some cases. Their have been a number of lawsuits filed against them, where they actually lost or settled, course we don't hear about them since it all hush hush. I still to this day don't trust them & on more than 1 occasion was 1 keystroke away from cancelling the account. However, since I sell on feabay, I kepted it for the free convenience of buyers. Even so, if they ever fuxs with me, I'm ready--Take cares my friend, keep getting healthier--
I recently did a lot of checking on PayPal, as my father is setting up an account, and I wanted to help him avoid as many problems as possible. This is what I learned:

The major Class Action Lawsuit was filed in 2004 and mostly covered PP's practice of freezing an entire account for any dispute. It has been settled, and resulted in PP changing much in the way they do business.

This is a quote from the User Agreement:
Quote:
6. Seller Responsibilities. If the buyer claims that the item was not received, you must be able to prove that the item was delivered by providing PayPal with an online-tracking number that shows evidence of delivery.

If a buyer files a dispute or if a claim is filed against you PayPal will place the disputed amount on hold until the dispute is closed, or until the claim is resolved, and you will not be able to withdraw this amount. In the event that PayPal grants the buyer's claim against you, PayPal will reimburse the buyer from any balance or funds on hold in your PayPal account, and you agree to reimburse PayPal for the disputed amount from either your PayPal account or by other means. This could mean that your PayPal account balance will go negative. This applies even if PayPal requires the item to be sent to a party other than yourself or to destroy the item. In addition, your PayPal account access may be limited until PayPal has been reimbursed for the full disputed amount. If a dispute is opened against you, PayPal recommends that you should keep sufficient funds in your account to cover the disputed amount to avoid your account being limited.
You do, indeed agree to allow PP to take funds from the bank account you use to set up your PP account, if your PP account cannot cover a dispute that PP decides should be paid.

I don't particularly trust PP either, but it has become a necessary evil in the on-line business world, so it is essential that you structure your relationship with them to contain the damage if something goes wrong, as my father did his.

I hope this adds something to the discussion. Its not quite on-topic, but not exactly off, either.

Again, Robert, I wish you the best.

John
Lexington, KY
Sky NA 2007 Midnight Blue
Sky RL 2008 Carbon Flash - Naked
post #47 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-03-2007, 06:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks Robert

Thank you Robert for going out of your way to get me my wind restrictor.
post #48 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-03-2007, 06:34 PM

Talked with Stephen today at WR. Sent them artwork and a check for full payment for my custom WR. I don't like Paypal and prefer to do business the old fashioned way.

They estimated delivery in about three weeks for my big Oregon Duck WR with yellow led's. Should be just about when I get delivery of the new duck mobile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yellow - The coolest color yet!!!!!!!!!!!!

RED Line
Yellow
Magna-Flow. CAI, chromies, stubby ant, GM tune
post #49 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-04-2007, 10:28 AM
First 2000 Senior Member

Another example of Robert's genius......

BanShee
Redline, of course
midnight blue/tan, 5-spd,6 disc,XM,alloys
not just no, but hell no spoiler
Solo Freeflow Cat, K&N
Magnaflow catback
GMPP Performance Upgrade
Windrestrictor by Robert himself
deposit 6/7/06
smokin' tires 9/27/06

Last edited by roadsterrage; 08-23-2007 at 01:40 PM.
post #50 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-04-2007, 05:22 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadsterrage View Post
Another example of Robert's genius......
Did you get your new one I sent 2.... let me know!

thanks!
post #51 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-06-2007, 11:08 PM

Got it...

Robert - MY V2 arrived yesterday and it looks great. Cann't wait to put it on our Sky, now I just need a warm(er) day. Please pass along my appreciation to Rebekkah for her help, you have a good employee there.

Thanks again, R1chy

----RedLine----
Chili Pepper Red : Tan Top/Leather
Auto Trans
MP3 Monsoon Stereo
VIN - 10294
8 SEP 2006 - In the drivers seat with a ...
“Permanent Big Grin” : Confessions of a Sky owner
post #52 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-07-2007, 06:47 PM

The Dr. is in the house! (and on the car!)

I finally got a few minutes yesterday to install the GREAT etched WindRestrictor I got from Robert (his website) a couple of weeks ago.

Wiring was simple (put the switch in the waterfall storage compartment, and got power from the dark brown wire in the harness on the passenger side of the trunk), and the results quite satisfying!

Pics below!

(Yes, that's Beaker, of muppet fame! My hero! )
I got the version 2 (mounts INSIDE the cabin) and I really like it! I heartily recommend the WindRestictor for both funstion and form! Plus, you are doing business with a fine young man (Robert Pennington)!

BTW, he is still slowly recuperating from his last bout with his failing liver. His brother and sister (Hi, Stephen, Rebecca! ) are helping out with the business now and it seems to be going fine.

Thanks again to Robert, Stephen, and Rebecca! I hope to meet all of you face-to-face sometime.

Envious, leather, loaded

DDM Stage II S/C, headers/cat/exhaust, 4-piston brakes/slotted rotors, Probeam, Backbone,

Kazera KZ-L wheels, TWEETY button, custom WR
-- She moves!

NASSOA Founding Member
post #53 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-07-2007, 06:57 PM

The wind restrictor looks great on your Sky. I agree, Robert does great work.

Shirley

Redline ordered June 6, 2006
Chili Pepper Red
Black Leather
Home January 31, 2007
post #54 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-07-2007, 07:27 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to James L. Lee
Hey Robert...am sure glad you are feeling better...keep up the good work...mine looks great...lights up when the lights are turned on...going to switch it to coming on when the brakes are applied...have to wait for spring...
"On Wisconsin Badgers" 12-1 in Football (won the Capitol One bowl beating Arkansas...presently ranked #2 in round ball...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2007-01-12_(18-38-38).JPG
Views:	81
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	10908  

Jim
Red Line
Manual
Chrome Alloy Wheels
Color: Bluestone
Black Premium Leather
CD/Ipod Monsoon
2002 BMW Z8 - Silver Pearl-red/black interior
2008 Toyota Sienna Limited with Bruan Handicap
upgrade for wife in wheelchair
post #55 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-07-2007, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James L. Lee View Post
Hey Robert...am sure glad you are feeling better...keep up the good work...mine looks great...lights up when the lights are turned on...going to switch it to coming on when the brakes are applied...have to wait for spring...
"On Wisconsin Badgers" 12-1 in Football (won the Capitol One bowl beating Arkansas...presently ranked #2 in round ball...

James, I am not a real big Big Ten fan but any team that routinely beats up Penn State is a team I can root for..........Go Pitt and anyone who PSU plays........

I go my V2-W/R two days ago............

Bluestone/Redline
Order 11/04/06
3000-11/16/06
3300-12/20/06
Delivered 12/28/2006
In the Driveway 12/29/2006
Monsoon/single CD
Rear Spoiler
Tan/Tan
Chrome
Auto
CLEAR BRA
post #56 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-16-2007, 03:51 AM

hey Robert

Hey Bob, Wazzup? I really miss yall. Granny and steve called me on Valentines day and told me you had just got home from the hospital. Do you not want me to come back or WHAT ??? You know you have to get better and stronger. I really, really miss workin with all yall. I was almost killed on my other job so I am not working there anymore. Call me and we will do lunch at P.F.cangs K? love and kisses Lori Sky High P.S. my car is going to be ready on tuesday Ill come see ya.
post #57 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-16-2007, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemist View Post
I finally got a few minutes yesterday to install the GREAT etched WindRestrictor I got from Robert (his website) a couple of weeks ago.

Wiring was simple (put the switch in the waterfall storage compartment, and got power from the dark brown wire in the harness on the passenger side of the trunk), and the results quite satisfying!

(Yes, that's Beaker, of muppet fame! My hero! )
I got the version 2 (mounts INSIDE the cabin) and I really like it! I heartily recommend the WindRestictor for both funstion and form! Plus, you are doing business with a fine young man (Robert Pennington)!

BTW, he is still slowly recuperating from his last bout with his failing liver. His brother and sister (Hi, Stephen, Rebecca! ) are helping out with the business now and it seems to be going fine.

Thanks again to Robert, Stephen, and Rebecca! I hope to meet all of you face-to-face sometime.

I see that you have the version 2 light up. Are the lights well hidden to
not overcome the glow of the etching? Pics from the inside would be nice.

Oh, and in case I need to translate.
mi mi mi mi mi mi mi. mi-mi

Maria #284
Midnight Blue
Monsoon Sound
post #58 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-25-2007, 05:20 PM

About Hi-Tec Designs...

Greetings everyone My name is Dan, and I'm the owner of Hi-Tec Designs, a designer and manufacturer of automotive lighting systems.

Recently someone contacted me claiming to have purchased one of our windscreen lights through King Penn Industries, but the owner of KPI (Robert) had just passed away and they lost the wiring instructions before the install was completed. Now this struck me as quite odd since we sell directly to the public, not through distributors, and rarely provide vehicle-specific wiring instructions (the S2000 and 350Z being current exceptions) due to the wide range of roadsters on the market. Only in checking through our records did I discover that Robert had purchased a handful of lighting units back in November of last year as an individual and not a company.

As with all companies that wish to last, our reputation is of the utmost importance, therefore I had to know more about any company selling our products without our knowledge. This thread is the ONLY reference I was able to turn up with KPI listed in it, but the lighted windscreen reference seems to mean I'm in the correct place.

First off, my sincerest apologies to the family at KPI for their loss... I'm not sure if the loss is common knowledge here or not, but I'm sure some condolence PMs to his email would be appreciated by the family.

If the other members of KPI read this thread, I would be happy to work with you in continuing to supply the Sky community with lighting products for your windscreens and other associated products. Although I did not see any pictures of our products being used to light KPI screens, the fact that KPI customers are coming to us directly for install help says they are being used. The LED systems currently shown on the KPI website are of a single color, but I would like to make it clear that Hi-Tec Designs uses tri-color LEDs allowing our products (and anything they're attached to) to display the entire rainbow of colors. We will gladly work with local Sky owners to create a vehicle-specific set of wiring instructions to be shared across the community, as well as help create custom designs, but I will leave that up to the owners here. Please note, we typically do not supply the windscreens themselves (again, the S2000 being a noted exception), only the units used to light them.

I am a highly active member under the same handle in the S2000 community, both locally and nationally, so a background check on my high level of customer service is easy enough to verify should anyone wish to do so.

If anyone has any further questions, please feel to send an email. Keep the wheel side down and the wind in your hair!

Dan
post #59 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-27-2007, 02:27 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGyver View Post
Greetings everyone My name is Dan, and I'm the owner of Hi-Tec Designs, a designer and manufacturer of automotive lighting systems.
For review, we allow folks to gauge interest in potential products outside of the supporting vendor program. Should you find commercial opportunities here, we invite you to PM brentil to explore our supporting vendor program. Pretty typical forum stuff which you probably recognize.
post #60 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-27-2007, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerberus View Post
For review, we allow folks to gauge interest in potential products outside of the supporting vendor program. Should you find commercial opportunities here, we invite you to PM brentil to explore our supporting vendor program. Pretty typical forum stuff which you probably recognize.
Will do...

I didn't realize the Sky/Solstice community had grown so large in such a short timespan. I wouldn't mind working with some local Sky owners to determine if there are some mutually beneficial projects to be had.

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Vendors > Wind Restrictor

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in