post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-29-2008, 09:38 AM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKY 07 View Post
Thanks for your
I have to agree with you about the WR being defective. When I attach my WR I can hear it lock in place. Maybe I need more then the average person cause my seat isn't against the WR. I have an appointment with the dealership on July 7 and I will ask about the foam you are talking about. My seat is about 3 inches away from the WR. I am going to try to see if I can get a hold of Stephen today. I want to use my WR. I looks so cool. Why me.... I'll keep ya posted. T.
Neither of my seats touch the WR and the velcro strips are holding fine. I have even taken it, top down, out on the NASCAR track in Ft Worth and driven it 115MPH and it stayed stuck fine. Work with Stephen they are good people. The WR is not defective.

Chili Pepper Redline
December 2006
http://www.facebook.com/HillCountryTeaPartyPatriots

Sorrow looks back, Worry looks around, Happiness looks forward, but Faith looks up!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-29-2008, 09:39 AM

T. my seats are not pressed on my WR and it holds perfectly up to speeds I would rather not publish.

Anyway, I think when you installed it you may have not properly cleaned the surface, and/or left the seats FIRMLY against the WR to keep constant pressure for the recommended amount of time after install.

I would have Stephen send you new strips and follow the install to the letter, it should hold fine. Also, when jumping around the cabin be careful not to pull on it, it is very tempting since it is the only thing to really grab hold of. Use the back of the seats to pull yourself up if you are kneeling on the seat.
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-29-2008, 06:53 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmicro_Redline View Post
T. my seats are not pressed on my WR and it holds perfectly up to speeds I would rather not publish.

Anyway, I think when you installed it you may have not properly cleaned the surface, and/or left the seats FIRMLY against the WR to keep constant pressure for the recommended amount of time after install.

I would have Stephen send you new strips and follow the install to the letter, it should hold fine. Also, when jumping around the cabin be careful not to pull on it, it is very tempting since it is the only thing to really grab hold of. Use the back of the seats to pull yourself up if you are kneeling on the seat.

I talked to Stephen today and like you said we are going to reinstall new strips to the car and on the WR. I am mailing it back to him so he can install it correctly and test it on a SKY before sending it back.
Yes Dad. I will be extra careful when "jumping around" (like a crazy gal) in the cabin. I actually pull myself up by the steering wheel. You have been behind me on trips and I stand on my seats all the time, so I will be very very careful NOT to touch the WR. I guess they didn't design the WR for people like me. . Seriously I think putting new strips on correctly should fix the problem. T.

07 White/Delivered 6/28/06
Leather Seats
Chrome Rims
Monsoon 6 Disc
Rear Spoiler
Dual Exhaust/CAI
Custom WindRestictor/Custom Pinstriping
and who knows what else....

Life Is Good
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-29-2008, 08:21 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

...all this chit-chat about srips and being sticky is making me HOT

Silver Graphite '07 : red interior, chrome rims, li'l chromies, chrome wipers, chrome domes, chrome antenna, chrome sack...

"...I'm not sick, but i'm not well...."

"I must obey the inscrutable exhortations of my soul" C&H

RED SOX NATION
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-29-2008, 08:44 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman View Post
...all this chit-chat about srips and being sticky is making me HOT
Hey there Mr. Hottie!!!! The only reason why you are hot is because you live in AZ with temps at 105 and up.
I was having a bad hair day cause I had issues with my WR.

This is what I look like with out a WR on my SKY LOL T.

Leather Seats
Chrome Rims
Monsoon 6 Disc
Rear Spoiler
Dual Exhaust/CAI

Life Is Good
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-29-2008, 09:09 PM Thread Starter

Garage
This is the sticky tape behind my seat.

This the sticky tape behind the passengers seat.

Is this what everyone else looks like????? T.

Leather Seats
Chrome Rims
Monsoon 6 Disc
Rear Spoiler
Dual Exhaust/CAI

Life Is Good
post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-29-2008, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKY 07 View Post
I talked to Stephen today and like you said we are going to reinstall new strips to the car and on the WR. I am mailing it back to him so he can install it correctly and test it on a SKY before sending it back.
Yes Dad. I will be extra careful when "jumping around" (like a crazy gal) in the cabin. I actually pull myself up by the steering wheel. You have been behind me on trips and I stand on my seats all the time, so I will be very very careful NOT to touch the WR. I guess they didn't design the WR for people like me. . Seriously I think putting new strips on correctly should fix the problem. T.
Life is good! And I agree new strips will do the trick, and do not forget to apply pressure with the 2 seats for a good 24 hours before moving your seat back forward to drive! And from now on when I am behind you I will be looking out for a flying WR, in case you loosen it again!
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 08:54 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmicro_Redline View Post
Life is good! And I agree new strips will do the trick, and do not forget to apply pressure with the 2 seats for a good 24 hours before moving your seat back forward to drive! And from now on when I am behind you I will be looking out for a flying WR, in case you loosen it again!
Ronzer sent me this pictures last night. Notice I am NOT holding on to my WR but I am standing on my seat again. Where did everyone go?????
Maybe I was looking for other beautiful White SKY's. I love your dads SKY. heee heee I think everyone know Not to follow me. I am always lost. Have a great day. hugs T.

Leather Seats
Chrome Rims
Monsoon 6 Disc
Rear Spoiler
Dual Exhaust/CAI

Life Is Good
post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 10:57 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Update on my WR.
I received my WR from Stephen and Family (WindRestrictors) on Monday. Boy does it look great! When I had it installed, the guy who installed it scratched the heck out of it. It looks like new now. Just amazing! They told me that they spend an hour and half just trying to remove all the scratches. I can't thank them enough.
I am followed the directions they have sent me. I have my seat pushed back against the WR like they recommended and my convertible has been up. I drive with two Large pillows behind my back so I can reach the pedals. Tomorrow will be day 3 and I now can pull my seat up and put down my convertible. The bad news is.... I am dropping my SKY of to the body shop to get the gator marks and dents out of my SKY so I won't have her all day. Oh well... When I pick her up tomorrow night, you bet I am taking her on the highway with my convertible down and WR lite.
Thank you Stephen and crew. Just can't say it enough times how I love your product and all of you. Hugs, T.

Leather Seats
Chrome Rims
Monsoon 6 Disc
Rear Spoiler
Dual Exhaust/CAI

Life Is Good

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Vendors > Wind Restrictor

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in