post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-02-2010, 10:37 AM
Supporting Vendor

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to AshliSKYYY
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordRahl007 View Post
I see you have 2 different 'versions' available, one behind the rear panel and one in the front of it. I would much prefer the first one, but anytime I park my car and leave it somewhere I make sure the top is up (and of coarse while washing it), and I notice it says it's not recommended if you're leaving the top up for extended periods of time. How much would be considered an extended period? I like the look and placement, it has more of a "belongs there" look to it, but I'm thinking it might not be practical for me.

That said, how rigidly mounted is the other version on the front? Seems all the wind would put a lot of stress on it, has anyone had any experience with that one working its way loose?

Either way I plan on getting one as soon as I have the money, I guess I just would feel more comfortable with some real-world feedback.
Hey LordRahl!

On the Version 1 (Trunk Mount) we recommend removing it when you store your care for an extended period of time meaning during the winter or in 100+ extreme temperatures in Arizona or something like that. We provide a bag that you can put it in if you do decide to store your car. From what you're saying though, it does not sound like it would need to be removed at all. We live in Texas and have them on both of our SKYs and only remove them to put a new one on

AshliSKYYY
King Penn Industries
[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-03-2010, 06:56 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshliSKYYY View Post
Hey LordRahl!

On the Version 1 (Trunk Mount) we recommend removing it when you store your care for an extended period of time meaning during the winter or in 100+ extreme temperatures in Arizona or something like that. We provide a bag that you can put it in if you do decide to store your car. From what you're saying though, it does not sound like it would need to be removed at all. We live in Texas and have them on both of our SKYs and only remove them to put a new one on
Hey guys... U know what would be kewl? to have one as big as the back glass so when the top is up you could see it... I went to Lowes (BEST STORE) and picked up some plexy glass and buddy of mine are going to make some examples... .Then u guys could build them... year we're just a bunch of back wood rednecks that likes playing with Car's... LOL

07 auto redline black on black!
Magnaflow Catback
Drop in K&N
Trifecta tune! Best Money i've spent so far on the car. Dyno monday
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-03-2010, 05:35 PM
Supporting Vendor

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
If we have requests we can design them to display the graphics with the top up!!! It's really cool !!!

We've done many like this before.

WindRestrictor®
Use code "Forum Member" save 10%.
Windrestrictor®
Click Here For Info
972-487-5987
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-25-2010, 08:42 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Recently purchased and installed the Type I....love it! One quick question for other members though. With the top up, it seems to put a good bit of pressure on the rear window. I put the rubber pads on the window so the restrictor doesn't rub, but I'm still a little concerned that the added pressure will help to push the window loose from the fabric top. (which has been discussed in a few other posts on this forum) Anyone willing to give me their 2 cents?

2009 Hydro Blue Limited Edition Saturn Sky
Born April 24, 2009
2.4L 5 Speed Manual
Monsoon 6-disc/XM/BT
Black Leather
Polished Aluminum
Trunk closeouts
Billet engine fluid covers
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-25-2010, 10:12 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 263 Post(s)
Garage
I have a V1 version and I initially put the tabs on, but eventually took them off.
I've never had an issue with the wind Restrictor, or the rear window getting scratched.
It's been a good year now.

Love my WR.

LUSIFER is Sold!
say hello to
RYUK

I'm not short, I'm concentrated AWESOME
post #21 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-25-2010, 11:45 PM
Supporting Vendor

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Howdy Neighbor,
V1 is awesome looks more factory and we leave ours in year round, but I also love the verson two just because its thicker, I think its totally customer preference we have sold about the same amount of both which tells me its totally preference, why dont you give us a call and come by the office if you are local? and oh, if the Version 2 is "snapped "into place properly its not going anywhere at 120 mph.
: )
Sincerely,
Rebekkah Pennington

WindRestrictor®
Use code "Forum Member" save 10%.
Windrestrictor®
Click Here For Info
972-487-5987

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Vendors > Wind Restrictor

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in