Group of Investors Looking to Buy Saturn, Transform Dealerships - Page 2 - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
SKYRoadster News News related to the Saturn SKY as well as site news. Only Administrators may create new threads in this section.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-21-2009, 11:07 AM

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
jimmyjet : I'd never been in a Saturn dealership, (due possibly to my initial memories of the original, crappy looking Saturns with plastic doors, etc.), until I bought my Sky last year. The Sky brought me in but I was amazed when I saw the rest of the line. It seemed that the whole line had better styling than any (or most) of the other GM lines. I suspect the reason that GM says that they couldn't make money with the Saturn line was because they couldn't get anybody into the dealerships, (again, too many memories of the first Saturns), etc.
Concerning the Sky. If Saturn goes kaput, there's alway the local Pontiac dealer that can service the Sky, right?...parts too, I would imagine.
Also, amongst car buffs the Sky has, even now, a classic status, and when they're no longer made, I suspect the prices will go up. Am I dreaming?
Is there not a red-blooded American guy out there whose heart does not skip when he beholds a Sky coming down the street? Why the heck would GM dump the Sky instead of rebadging it into a Chevy? Everyone wants a Corvette but not everyone can afford one. For those with more modest means, the Sky would be ideal!
I have a feeling that the Sky will not be kicked to the curb to become an orphan.--------------Your thoughts?
When and/or if Saturn goes away, I expect that GM will have authorized other dealers to source parts and service the cars.

Yes, you are dreaming about a sudden increase in value. Orphans rarely see such an increase, in fact the initial value movement is generally down. 20 or 30 years from now ? We'll see.

The Sky and Solstice will have reached the end of their planned production run before the projected end of the Saturn brand, so re-badging is unlikely.

John
Lexington, KY
Sky NA 2007 Midnight Blue
Sky RL 2008 Carbon Flash - Naked
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-25-2009, 05:18 AM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyjet View Post
I'd never been in a Saturn dealership, (due possibly to my initial memories of the original, crappy looking Saturns with plastic doors, etc.), until I bought my Sky last year. The Sky brought me in but I was amazed when I saw the rest of the line. It seemed that the whole line had better styling than any (or most) of the other GM lines. I suspect the reason that GM says that they couldn't make money with the Saturn line was because they couldn't get anybody into the dealerships, (again, too many memories of the first Saturns), etc.
I still have people say, "Thats a Saturn???"... and my car is 3 years old... and has been on display at a large local festival the dealership sponsors for all three of those years.

The local retailer recently moved to a location adjacent to the dealerships Chrysler/Jeep store... their sales have increased, and they are getting people that had no idea what Saturn had to offer. They also have a mall store front for Saturn... and they get people in there all the time saying the same things... those are Saturns???

GM stopped properly marketing the division after the mid-90s... on top of not developing refreshes or new models. The reason it is in the boat it is now is because of that. The product mix they came out with in 06 to 07 was the right decision... however, thinking the product would sell itself, was not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS Stage 1 View Post
After all, there isn't a Samsung Store, or a Sony Store, or a Magnvox Store, etc. etc. etc.
There actually is a SONY Store. :-)

Retail Locations | Sony | SonyStyle USA

Pioneer also jumped in the game.

Pioneer USA - Retail Store

They saw the success of the Apple Store... and are running with it. :-)

Adler
SMS TB
FalkenTires
Rear Camera
ACE 18" Rims
Custom Paint
JL Audio Amp
JL 13TW5 Sub
SMS Headers
Vertical Doors
Pioneer AVIC-Z1
JL Audio Surrounds
Functional Hood Vents
KappaSphere - Saturn MotorSports

3800: 6-20-06 vin 3895
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-25-2009, 07:04 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Another Rumor...

Had service done yesterday on my Sky,,, salesman appeared more upbeat than ever,,and I asked about future plans for Sky,,,,,2010,,2011,,,,and 2012 mentioned,,,,,,,I asked about 2012,,and salesman said GM in serious talks with Investor group and,,,,,,,,Opel! Anyone heard this one????
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-25-2009, 07:12 AM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laservago View Post
and Opel! Anyone heard this one????
Opel is already GM... the Saturn Astra is an Opel.

Fiat is in talks with GM to buy Opel.

Fiat Eyes Possible Opel Deal - BusinessWeek

Adler
SMS TB
FalkenTires
Rear Camera
ACE 18" Rims
Custom Paint
JL Audio Amp
JL 13TW5 Sub
SMS Headers
Vertical Doors
Pioneer AVIC-Z1
JL Audio Surrounds
Functional Hood Vents
KappaSphere - Saturn MotorSports

3800: 6-20-06 vin 3895

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > SKYRoadster News & Polls > SKYRoadster News

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in