Sound system upgrade? - Page 4 - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
SKYRoadster News News related to the Saturn SKY as well as site news. Only Administrators may create new threads in this section.

User Tag List

13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2019, 09:19 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
What about adding a replacement for the subwoofer, and adding a power amp for the subwoofer using the existing Monsoon amp.
Old 06-21-2019, 03:57 PM
ZPM

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnkart83$ View Post
What about adding a replacement for the subwoofer, and adding a power amp for the subwoofer using the existing Monsoon amp.
Certainly can be done. You'd need to run an 8 or 10 gauge power line from the battery to the new amp. Easiest way to send it input signal would be to use the monsoon's high-level output lines that originally powered the subwoofer. Otherwise, make RCA connectors by splicing into the low level input lines from the head unit. If you have an aftermarket head unity, you could also run an RCA cable from the head unit to send input to the new amp.

2008 Redline powered by a zero point module
Old 06-24-2019, 09:37 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
I just finished installing a Kenwood DNX996XR head unit in my Sky. I also followed the path blazed by Mike Martin and installed a dash cam and a reverse camera. It wasn't especially difficult but I haven't managed to successfully program the steering wheel control integration yet. I have very minimal mods on my car but I just couldn't stand the orange text in the factory radio any longer. Couldn't read it at all with the top down. The new Kenwood has sat-nav, carplay, sirius/xm, the works. It a very nice upgrade and I'm very happy with it so far.

Jeff Leonard

2009 Hydro Blue Red Line LE, Manual, Bone Stock
Old 06-24-2019, 11:44 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 898 Post(s)
Garage
Remember...if any one wants to change the coloring of your LED readout...all u need is another face plate ONLY from another GM car....as long as they are identical radios. Just the face plate is needed...not the entire radio
jaleonard3 and TomatoSoup like this.

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > SKYRoadster News & Polls > SKYRoadster News

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in