Top 20 Highest Quality Cars by Segment: 2019 - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
SKYRoadster News News related to the Saturn SKY as well as site news. Only Administrators may create new threads in this section.

User Tag List

 2Likes
  • 1 Post By TomatoSoup
  • 1 Post By wspohn
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 01:05 PM Thread Starter
Sponsored Editorial Content
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 71
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Top 20 Highest Quality Cars by Segment: 2019





The 2019 J.D. Power U.S. Initial Quality Study has been released, giving us a complete rundown of what the highest quality cars are by segment for this year.



Read more >>
AutoGuide.com is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 01:36 PM
Senior Member
 
TomatoSoup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
Posts: 3,847
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 499 Post(s)
"The annual study examines problems experienced by original vehicle owners during the first 90 days of ownership"

Making this a completely useless data point for buying a reliable car!
Rusty Boltz likes this.

Owner of "Campbelle", a Brazen 2008 GXP ... with mods piling up...
TomatoSoup is offline  
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 01:45 PM
Moderator
 
JohnWR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 4,770
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomatoSoup View Post
"The annual study examines problems experienced by original vehicle owners during the first 90 days of ownership"

Making this a completely useless data point for buying a reliable car!
Its not completely useless.

First of all, it is the Initial Quality Study.

They also have a Dependability Study for 3-Year-Old cars.

Historically the Initial Study has been a reliable predictor of long-term dependability.

John
Lexington, KY
Sky NA 2007 Midnight Blue
Sky RL 2008 Carbon Flash - Naked
JohnWR is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 02:21 PM
Senior Member

 
Rusty Boltz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 1,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Garage
These surveys aren't worth much. The people who participate are the same ones who bought Hummers and then complained about gas mileage.


07 Sky
2.4L NA
5 speed
Limited slip differential
Chrome wheels
Premium trim package
Monsoon audio
AM/FM/XM/CD changer
Rusty Boltz is offline  
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-23-2019, 06:18 AM
Senior Member
 
LAC Sky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Smithsburg, MD
Posts: 854
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Boltz View Post
These surveys aren't worth much. The people who participate are the same ones who bought Hummers and then complained about gas mileage.
This made me laugh some there Rusty. Sure... it's gets great gas mileage. BUT.. let's check the gas pump total " after " your
recent fill up. Yes let's buy a Kappa, it's a practical car, and... has lots of trunk space for our stuff a win win for sure.

IF you can afford a Hummer, you can afford the gas for it. In civilian usage while not.. crushing the latest Nissan Leaf under it's
massive sized tires, it's protective to the occupants inside. It can take a hit, from anything and survive more or less. Not being chased
by bad guys with AK-47's or RPG's per say in the badlands but the afternoon rush hour traffic has no clue.

Initial survey. Long term survey. Define reliable. How many times did your new vehicle return to the dealer for repairs?
Has it ever had to return to the dealership for repairs? How long did you have wait in our lounge for said repairs?
Warranty covered for the 3 yr./ 36,000 miles or less was this repair a major or minor thing to you the owner?
How much of this return to the dealership to fix these " problems " from the factory, has put you the owner
in a state of mind... never again mode? Will you buy another car from this mfg? Would you recommend this dealer to friend?

A never ending battle... to gain consumer confidence and... buy again. Brand loyalty had it's day... but now it's about
how much time is going to be wasted by me the owner to return my new car to fix stuff. You get what you pay for.
Somedays you get a Hummer of a Day and sometimes your life turns to Krappa at the pay your bill here moment.

LAC
LAC Sky is offline  
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-23-2019, 08:16 AM
Member
 
mtdjohn2018's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Cleveland Ohio
Posts: 90
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAC Sky View Post
This made me laugh some there Rusty. Sure... it's gets great gas mileage. BUT.. let's check the gas pump total " after " your
recent fill up. Yes let's buy a Kappa, it's a practical car, and... has lots of trunk space for our stuff a win win for sure.

IF you can afford a Hummer, you can afford the gas for it. In civilian usage while not.. crushing the latest Nissan Leaf under it's
massive sized tires, it's protective to the occupants inside. It can take a hit, from anything and survive more or less. Not being chased
by bad guys with AK-47's or RPG's per say in the badlands but the afternoon rush hour traffic has no clue.

Initial survey. Long term survey. Define reliable. How many times did your new vehicle return to the dealer for repairs?
Has it ever had to return to the dealership for repairs? How long did you have wait in our lounge for said repairs?
Warranty covered for the 3 yr./ 36,000 miles or less was this repair a major or minor thing to you the owner?
How much of this return to the dealership to fix these " problems " from the factory, has put you the owner
in a state of mind... never again mode? Will you buy another car from this mfg? Would you recommend this dealer to friend?

A never ending battle... to gain consumer confidence and... buy again. Brand loyalty had it's day... but now it's about
how much time is going to be wasted by me the owner to return my new car to fix stuff. You get what you pay for.
Somedays you get a Hummer of a Day and sometimes your life turns to Krappa at the pay your bill here moment.

LAC
So what's wrong with owning both?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sky3.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	203.9 KB
ID:	105535  
mtdjohn2018 is offline  
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-23-2019, 08:38 AM
Senior Member
 
LAC Sky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Smithsburg, MD
Posts: 854
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdjohn2018 View Post
So what's wrong with owning both?
Not a thing partner... there you go. It can be done, reasonable like.
The BIG and the Small of it all.
One is used for weekends of fun.
The other can be used for the ensuing Zombie apocalypse..

The Boy Scout motto: Be prepared. You have that covered. lol

LAC
LAC Sky is offline  
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-23-2019, 09:00 AM
Member
 
mtdjohn2018's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Cleveland Ohio
Posts: 90
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Garage
Plus some of the parts can be swapped out between them! My Hummer has new Saturn Sky heater controls that I needed to replace!
mtdjohn2018 is offline  
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-23-2019, 12:01 PM
Senior Member
 
wspohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,207
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 340 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Boltz View Post
The people who participate are the same ones who bought Hummers and then complained about gas mileage.
Or bought Kappas and then complained about lack of luggage space....?
Rusty Boltz likes this.

1957 Jamaican MGA
1958 MGA Twincam
1962 MGA Coupe
1971 Jensen Interceptor
2007 BMW Z4M coupe
2009 Pontiac Solstice GXP Coupe
departed
1965 Jensen CV8
1969 MGC roadster,
1969 Lamborghini Islero S
1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Bill in BC
wspohn is offline  
Reply

  Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > SKYRoadster News & Polls > SKYRoadster News

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome