What to Expect as Saturn Shuts Down - Page 2 - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
SKYRoadster News News related to the Saturn SKY as well as site news. Only Administrators may create new threads in this section.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 08:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRinKY View Post
And, if you know you have problems why haven't you already had them fixed ?
They have been fixed several times. Just keeps happening. Which worries me that they will be closed soon

Not to mention that no and I mean no GM dealership besides the 1 saturn one we have will touch the car. They have all refused saying take it to saturn. Its just frustrating thats all. Oh and when you do take it to the saturn dealership we have here and even if it takes them days to fix the problem you are stuck dealing with shuttle van as they do not provide a rental like my Chevy does.
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 11:01 PM

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
smokinu : Not to mention that no and I mean no GM dealership besides the 1 saturn one we have will touch the car. They have all refused saying take it to saturn. Its just frustrating thats all. Oh and when you do take it to the saturn dealership we have here and even if it takes them days to fix the problem you are stuck dealing with shuttle van as they do not provide a rental like my Chevy does.
For warranty issues, GM will only allow a Saturn dealer to work on a Saturn. With the end of Saturn, GM will be announcing which franchises will be authorized to do the work. Maybe you'll get lucky and it will be your Chevy dealer.

John
Lexington, KY
Sky NA 2007 Midnight Blue
Sky RL 2008 Carbon Flash - Naked
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-13-2009, 11:34 PM
jr1

Pricing

For what it's worth. I inquired about SKY prices on one of the forum links just fer grins. Of course I got calls and emails from every dealer within 75 miles!!! One of them listed a loaded Evening Blue RedLine Atomatic at MSRP of $34k or so and "market value" of $38k!! ha, ha, ha - I didn't know there were still dynosaur dealers who still try to pull that carp. So I replied, politely informing him not to get too excited and BTW I am highly unlikely to do business with anyone who even mentions the "market value" BS. Got a nice email back - he didn't take offence, to his credit - with a "new price of $30k. So with my $2.5k GM supplier employee discount through the company I work for, that's $6.5k off and there still haggling to do..... I was almost tempted- it's exactly what my wife would like. But I'll stick with my 2008 Silver Pearl RedLine manual transmission, thanks.

Point of the story is apparently some dealers are trying to unload them already.
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 10:33 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Good Info.... Thanks T.

07 White/Delivered 6/28/06
Leather Seats
Chrome Rims
Monsoon 6 Disc
Rear Spoiler
Dual Exhaust/CAI
Custom WindRestictor/Custom Pinstriping
and who knows what else....

Life Is Good
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 10:01 AM

Dear

As you may be aware, Saturn was not purchased by Penske Automotive, and GM has announced that Saturn is being "wound down".

Please be advised that Saturn of 888888 is not going away. We are going to continue providing the best in customer care that you have come to know. This applies to both selling and servicing vehicles new or used. You can rest assured that any remaining warranty on your Saturn will continue for the duration.

if you have any questions, please contact us at ***_***_****.

Thank you for your business and for being a part of the Saturn of 888888. Family,

Frank Kistler
President of Saturn of 888888.

Got this over the weekend. I edited out the dealer name as it isn't a forum sponsor.

Got it:

2008 Sky Redline
Black Onyx Red/Black Leather
Single Disc Monsoon
Spoiler
Chrome Wheels
3 Pedals
Picked up 9/04/07
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 11:24 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Unhappy

It don't matter my friend, we don't have any more Saturn sponsors, and never wil have any more.. post away..

Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties. Abraham Lincoln

The Constitution is essentially an obsolete charter of negative liberties. Barack Obama
post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 04:34 PM

This has happened before...

It is amazing the parrallels between our beloved sports car and another sports car from the past. Not many of us remember the Studebacker Avanti of the early 60's. There is a detailed story of the Avanti on Wikipedia, but here are a few excerpts:

"The Avanti's classic design originated in an intense five-week session in a rented house in Palm Springs, California near the home of lead designer Raymond Loewy with the team of Bob Andrews, Tom Kellogg, and John Ebstein...In the early 1960s, Studebaker needed some excitement in the showrooms, but because of its precarious financial situation had little capital to invest in product development...The Avanti was heavily promoted, and was named the Official (honorary) Pace Car of the 1962 Indianapolis 500 race...On December 9, 1963, Studebaker announced the end of car and truck manufacturing in South Bend, and the consolidation of all vehicle manufacturing in its Hamilton, Ontario, Canada plant. At that point, the company dropped the Avanti, the Gran Turismo Hawk, and all pickups and trucks in order to focus on sedans, coupes and station wagons. Only 4,643 Avantis (not including prototypes, some of which were assigned serial numbers at the end of the run) had been produced by the time Studebaker closed the South Bend factory on December 20, 1963."

For all of us wondering about our Sky's value, note that Avanits sold for about $4000 back in 1963 and now versions from that year sell in the low $20k. Also interesting to note that the Avanti tooling was spared and schemes by various people to produce more were undertaken. In truth, only time will tell what will happen to Kappa prices.
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-27-2009, 01:17 AM

Send a message via MSN to fullcustome
Hmm

Maybe we'll all get lucky and have the last remaining skys then years down the road some nice collector will say hey theres only (insert number of skys left) I should get one.
post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-27-2009, 07:05 AM

Garage
Last day for Saturn of Lancaster,Pa 11/6/09.
BMW moving in.

08 PW R/L 5-spd,The Wolf
Goodyear Blimp flight 2010 NASSM
Best of Show Old Bridge,NJ 2011
Best Interior 2012 NASSM
2nd American Legends 2013
DDMWORKS Loaded, Wind Restrictor
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-27-2009, 11:28 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Finally got my Saturn letter from Jill yesterday.. Was not a happy day for me, very sad for the employees of Saturn and those at the Delaware plant for sure..

Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties. Abraham Lincoln

The Constitution is essentially an obsolete charter of negative liberties. Barack Obama
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-27-2009, 10:19 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidniteBlues View Post
Finally got my Saturn letter from Jill yesterday.. Was not a happy day for me, very sad for the employees of Saturn and those at the Delaware plant for sure..
Some good new to cheer you up........ I am driving down to FL on the 13th of November. Less then 3 weeks. Yahoo. Love to catch up with you, G8TR, and the Florida gang while we are in Orlando. Maybe we can all meet half way for breakfast/lunch/dinner.... Or all three... Yummy. see... some good news to cheer you up. (I think lol ) T.

07 White/Delivered 6/28/06
Leather Seats
Chrome Rims
Monsoon 6 Disc
Rear Spoiler
Dual Exhaust/CAI
Custom WindRestictor/Custom Pinstriping
and who knows what else....

Life Is Good

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > SKYRoadster News & Polls > SKYRoadster News

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in