Reset TPSM without Original KeyFob - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension Discuss all your wheel & tires topics here...
Sponsored by Discount Tire

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-21-2018, 01:45 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reset TPSM without Original KeyFob

Hello,

This is my first post, i've found this website through Google.
It seems here is where whoever has a Sky come here to ask for help.

Recently I bought a Saturn Sky 08, first car thanks to God. And I've been fixing issues it had from last owners.
Not sure as it was bought from an Auction House.

The detail that i have is one of the sensors appear (--), every other tire it has the number.
The thing was that the one appearing was the LR Tire (--) but this tire has the metallic sensor, the Right Tire had a black one.
So my deduction was that someone before change the LR Tire to the RR Tire and didn't reset the TPSM.

This morning went to Autozone and bought the Tire Sensor and I'd just installed it and asked to please change the Tire to the correct place.
They told me that the car will automatically detect the new sensor, but it didn't.

Now reading a little bit here, is says that the manual tells me how to reset the sensors, but i need the Original KeyFob and press Lock/Unlock at the same time. The issue is that I had to buy another KeyFob as the original wasn't working. Is there another way to Reset this? or DO i need a Scan Tool?

Thanks
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-21-2018, 05:12 PM

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
First, welcome aboard...

If your new fob has been programmed by the dealer to your car it should work as if were the original fob.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-21-2018, 05:25 PM

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 467 Post(s)
There are tools that you hold near the tire sensor to register the TPMS. Most tire places should have one.

Owner of "Campbelle", a Brazen 2008 GXP ... with mods piling up...
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-21-2018, 09:15 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 898 Post(s)
Garage
I would go back to God...he got u the car. It should be under his warranty....this is not blasphemous guys. Just repeating the OPs words.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-21-2018, 09:25 PM

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlboromike View Post
I would go back to God...he got u the car. It should be under his warranty....this is not blasphemous guys. Just repeating the OPs words.
ROTFLMFAO.. dang it Mike, I needed that tonight, over an hour in f'ing traffic.. I really needed that! You da man!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-21-2018, 09:32 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 898 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Pilot View Post
ROTFLMFAO.. dang it Mike, I needed that tonight, over an hour in f'ing traffic.. I really needed that! You da man!
Thank u...thank u...thank u....LOL

.I really needed to qualify my post otherwise....everyone would just come down on me....all those kind words I would get...ya think?

I am sure some are fuming now..at least I can wake up the forum..
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-22-2018, 11:59 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 315 Post(s)
Garage
If you still have the original remote, they had notoriously poor solder joints to the battery holder which can be fixed in about 30 secs. with a soldering iron.

1957 Jamaican MGA
1958 MGA Twincam
1962 MGA Coupe
1971 Jensen Interceptor
2007 BMW Z4M coupe
2009 Pontiac Solstice GXP Coupe
departed
1965 Jensen CV8
1969 MGC roadster,
1969 Lamborghini Islero S
1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Bill in BC
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-22-2018, 01:16 PM

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
As already posted, if your fob locks and unlocks the doors it will work to start the TPMS reset.

Does anything happen when you press lock and unlock together? The process, if I remember properly, is not automatic. You should get one turn signal blinking at which point you go to that tire and release 2 psi of air, then refill it to spec. Another signal then starts blinking. Repeat the process around the car and everything should be working.

John
Lexington, KY
Sky NA 2007 Midnight Blue
Sky RL 2008 Carbon Flash - Naked
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-12-2018, 09:26 AM
ZPM

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Garage
The owners manual calls for lock and unlock to be held for 5 seconds, then the horn will sound twice and the LF turn signal will come in (continuously). At this point you let air out of that tire until the horn chirps. Then move to the RF, then RR, and finally LR. "Original FOB" merely means one that's been mated to the car. I mated two for my ex's 2007 Sky a while back and they work same as the originals, which she lost. (How's that happen? LOL) So, if your FOB controls the car as you'd expect, it's good to go.

Hey, I disconnected my battery for a couple of days to work on my water pump and now I'm getting "--" displaying for all tire pressures on the IP. I imagine the sending units only transmit periodically and that the BCM will eventually receive data to display. Is this correct, or do I need to get out my Tech 2 and mate the sending units again?

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in