Solo Performance

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-12-2009, 08:40 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quad Tip Street Race Kits for 10% Off

Solo Performance is proud to release our Quad Tip Street Race Exhaust Kit at 10% off, for the first 20 kits sold. The Sky Redline Quad Tip Street Race kit was developed primarily for people that want race-like sound, high performance, and the look of dual exhaust with polished stainless steel tips. Here are some attributes of our Sky Redline Quad Tip Street Race system:
  • It is a dual exhaust. All polished mandrel bent stainless steel exhaust with a set of beautiful quad tips. (No muffler)
  • Front section- Full 3" mandrel stainless pipe with laser cut stainless flange, stainless oxygen sensor bung, 3" double braided flex pipe, and additional hanger bracket. This 3" section actually sits " to " higher than the stock 2 ” exhaust.
  • Rear section - Stamped stainless Y pipe 3" in, dual 2 1/2" out. This branches into mirror image rear polished 2 1/2" stainless steel pipes with quad tips. This exits the stock rear valence.
  • Sound- Nice aggressive rumble with no droan.

Price- $576.80 shipped to your door.

Last edited by GOINGSOLO2; 08-12-2009 at 08:42 PM.
post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-06-2009, 11:42 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to sky_high_99
Would this fit on the N/A?
If not is there a one like this that does?
Love the look, love the price and ive heard your exhaust and i love the sound.

-Andrew-
"Carbonite"
2007 Saturn Sky

Silver metallic graphite
Red and ebony leather

Sky_High_99's Mod Page
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 12:35 PM Thread Starter

The Street Race is a dual out kit. You would need either a Redline fascia or Norm's Fiberglass fascia to accommodate the dual tips. You could also cut your own opening in the OEM fascia, but it might look sloppy because you are cutting into plastic. We are running a special on getting Norm's fascia with the kit...the OEM Saturn one is quite expensive anyway, so why not upgrade to a beautiful color-matched fiberglass fascia?

In terms of fitment on the NA Sky, the Street Race will fit but it is very noisy and doesn't sound the same as it does on the RL. The exhaust note is harsh and aggressive. If you like that, then it will work.

I would recommend to you the MACH with Resonator...we can put quad tips on that kit for you...it would come to $827 shipped to your door with the quad tips. Most people with the NA have this kit and absolutely love it.

We can do the Street Race setup for you also, at the discounted price, but you have to make sure that you are ok with a harsh and aggressive exhaust note. The NA does not have the turbo to quiet down the tone as the Redline does. This kit is $576.80 shipped.

You can add a rear fascia from Norm's Fiberglass to your order, painted to match and shipped, for $425 (red and yellow are $450 because of special color).
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-09-2009, 01:48 AM

any more pics from facing the rear?? does this eliminate the cat converter?? how do i place a order?
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-09-2009, 07:54 AM

SOLO,

For those of us who bought a SOLO exhaust while the dual outlet tips were being prepped, it had been indicated that we could get the new tips for a modest cost so that we could retrofit them locally at our leisure. Can you confirm the cost for the readership please? If it is around the cost that was discussed way back when, I might like to ask that a pair be sent to MD for Mod Meet 6 next month. Thanks.

White Manual RL w/ Tan Top/Seats; GMPP Tune; Solo HF Cat/Mach; Foose Nitrous 20" wheels; Dejon IC/ pipes/intake/elbow; DDM Calipers/Backbone/Pro-beam; many JPM tan alcantara accents
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-09-2009, 08:11 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QWKSKY View Post
any more pics from facing the rear?? does this eliminate the cat converter?? how do i place a order?
I believe there are a few threads that people started with pictures of the quad tips on their car. I'll have to see if I can find them.

To place an order, give me a call at 516-655-9002 or shoot me a PM.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-09-2009, 08:13 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
SOLO,

For those of us who bought a SOLO exhaust while the dual outlet tips were being prepped, it had been indicated that we could get the new tips for a modest cost so that we could retrofit them locally at our leisure. Can you confirm the cost for the readership please? If it is around the cost that was discussed way back when, I might like to ask that a pair be sent to MD for Mod Meet 6 next month. Thanks.
Updated: I checked and it was $45 shipped. PM me if you want to order and have it sent to Joe's for the meet.

Last edited by GOINGSOLO2; 09-09-2009 at 08:30 AM.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-09-2009, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOINGSOLO2 View Post
The Street Race is a dual out kit. You would need either a Redline fascia or Norm's Fiberglass fascia to accommodate the dual tips. You could also cut your own opening in the OEM fascia, but it might look sloppy because you are cutting into plastic. We are running a special on getting Norm's fascia with the kit...the OEM Saturn one is quite expensive anyway, so why not upgrade to a beautiful color-matched fiberglass fascia?

In terms of fitment on the NA Sky, the Street Race will fit but it is very noisy and doesn't sound the same as it does on the RL. The exhaust note is harsh and aggressive. If you like that, then it will work.

I would recommend to you the MACH with Resonator...we can put quad tips on that kit for you...it would come to $827 shipped to your door with the quad tips. Most people with the NA have this kit and absolutely love it.

We can do the Street Race setup for you also, at the discounted price, but you have to make sure that you are ok with a harsh and aggressive exhaust note. The NA does not have the turbo to quiet down the tone as the Redline does. This kit is $576.80 shipped.

You can add a rear fascia from Norm's Fiberglass to your order, painted to match and shipped, for $425 (red and yellow are $450 because of special color).
Well id like a nice kinda loud V8 sound to it. So you would recommend that i get he MACH with Resonator? Do you have sound sample or video of it?

-Andrew-
"Carbonite"
2007 Saturn Sky

Silver metallic graphite
Red and ebony leather

Sky_High_99's Mod Page

Last edited by GOINGSOLO2; 09-09-2009 at 09:25 PM.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-09-2009, 09:36 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky_high_99 View Post
Well id like a nice kinda loud V8 sound to it. So you would recommend that i get he MACH with Resonator? Do you have sound sample or video of it?
I recommend the MACH with Res...it will be the closest to what you want. The only way you'll get a dynamic V8 sound is by dropping in a V8 LOL. You should see the exhaust we just made for the new Camaro LS3. The MACH with Res is the way to go.

It will sound very similar to this:

You won't be disappointed. Many of the supercharger guys go with this exhaust. It SCREAMS!!!

Here is the Camaro exhaust we just did for X-Micro Redline:

You can really hear the similarities in the 2 exhausts. It's kinda cool.

Last edited by GOINGSOLO2; 09-09-2009 at 09:40 PM.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 04:04 AM

Sounds great! I sent you a PM

-Andrew-
"Carbonite"
2007 Saturn Sky

Silver metallic graphite
Red and ebony leather

Sky_High_99's Mod Page
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-20-2009, 06:02 PM Thread Starter

These kits are still on sale! Jump on these prices now, while they are still available!!
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 10:51 AM

how does the Solo Mach and Solo Mach Shorty compare in sound to the GMPP performance exhaust?

I have listened to the clips but am interested in live perspective...I have only heard the GMPP live.

Also...your website notes a 19hp increase with the MACH shorty...what if any is the increase with the MACH pipes?

What is the price...shipped withthe quad tips?

2009 Sky Redline Ruby Red SE
5 speed manual

Last edited by dmraco; 09-21-2009 at 12:25 PM.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 12:39 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmraco View Post
how does the Solo Mach and Solo Mach Shorty compare in sound to the GMPP performance exhaust?

I have listened to the clips but am interested in live perspective...I have only heard the GMPP live.

Also...your website notes a 19hp increase with the MACH shorty...what if any is the increase with the MACH pipes?

What is the price...shipped withthe quad tips?
The MACH and MACH Shorty will yield relatively close power numbers. The difference is only 2" in the muffler size (11" Mach and 9" Mach Shorty).

They are both deeper than the GMPP, and sound meaner on WOT. I think you would be happy with either. Details on both kits can be seen here-----> https://www.skyroadster.com/forums/445117-post1.html

Prices shipped are:

Mach Quad Tip- $709.30 SHIPPED

Mach Shorty Quad Tip- $712.90 SHIPPED
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 01:32 PM

thanks....for the 576 is just for the street race.

I will check out the sound clips.

2009 Sky Redline Ruby Red SE
5 speed manual
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 06:40 PM Thread Starter

Yes... $576 is the Street Race. That is our loudest kit, as it has no mufflers at all. The Mach would be the quietest kit, and the Mach Shorty would be the middle man in that group.

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Vendors > Solo Performance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in