Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum (https://www.skyroadster.com/forums/)
-   Solo Performance (https://www.skyroadster.com/forums/f76/)
-   -   Sky High-Flow Catalytic Converter (https://www.skyroadster.com/forums/f76/sky-high-flow-catalytic-converter-29705/)

GOINGSOLO2 03-03-2009 08:24 PM

Sky High-Flow Catalytic Converter

2 Attachment(s)
SOLO Performance is proud to offer our Sky High-Flow Catalytic Converter. Our cats are a full stainless steel converter. The external are a polished T409 stainless with laser-cut stainless flanges. The internal are a stainless wound 200 cell coil converter. We are able to keep the engine light off with our converter. We decided to go with a 5" internal wound coil. We chose the substantially more expensive 5" internal wound coil because:
  • More substance inside enables exhaust gasses to be more thoroughly cleaned.
  • The 5" coil lasts longer than the traditional 3" coil because there is more surface area cleaning the exhaust gasses.
  • The sound quality is better. It is softer and less harsh.
  • Each individual coil is tack welded to prolong life.
  • Any SOLO High-Flow Catalytic Converter will increase volume by approximately 15%.

Sound Clips and Videos

Sky High-Flow Catalytic Converter- $290
Shipping- $30

Send me a PM with any questions, concerns, and/or order inquiries.:thumbs:

Koobie 03-03-2009 08:26 PM

Bump for a great company. These guys do great work!!

GOINGSOLO2 06-08-2010 05:07 PM

Spring and summer are here! Hook up your Sky with one of our great exhaust kits be the one that turns heads! You can reach me anytime with questions or to order at 516-655-9002. You are now also able to order through our website at : Welcome to Solo Performance : For Mufflers, Exhaust, Stainless Steel Tubing and Mandrel Pieces. Pics, Video, Installation.....Order Online.

Steve

Eagle_f90 07-26-2010 10:37 AM

I just got a bulliten a few days ago from SCCA Solo board stating that they require replacement cats to be EPA aproved and that they would be checking for the appropreate stickers. Are these EPA aproved?

From the buliten:
Street Touring: Information regarding catalytic converter types and EPA labeling, as referenced in 14.10.E, can be found
on the EPA’s web site in this document: “What you need to know about using, installing, or buying aftermarket catalytic
converters” at http://www.epa.gov/otaq/cert/factshts/catcvrts.pdf. In addition, California has recently moved to CARB
certification for aftermarket cats, so a CARB “EO” number also meets the EPA labeling requirements (ref. #1439)

GOINGSOLO2 07-27-2010 03:08 PM

The converter in its generic form is EPA approved. Once it is manufactured into a direct fit converter for the Sky/Solstice, it is not EPA approved.

Eagle_f90 07-27-2010 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOINGSOLO2 (Post 501170)
The converter in its generic form is EPA approved. Once it is manufactured into a direct fit converter for the Sky/Solstice, it is not EPA approved.

And the way you sell it is considered direct fit right?

GOINGSOLO2 07-27-2010 03:41 PM

Correct...they were made to fit the Sky without any modification. It depends how specific the SCCA is about being EPA approved. If they just mean the converter body itself, then you should be fine. If they mean the converter after it is made to fit the car, then you might have an issue.

Eagle_f90 07-28-2010 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOINGSOLO2 (Post 501178)
Correct...they were made to fit the Sky without any modification. It depends how specific the SCCA is about being EPA approved. If they just mean the converter body itself, then you should be fine. If they mean the converter after it is made to fit the car, then you might have an issue.

I am 99% sure they just mean the converter it's self. Thanks for the help, defently adding this to the list of parts to buy now to find money.

GOINGSOLO2 07-28-2010 10:55 PM

Awesome:) Let me know if there is anything I can help you with.

McLovin 08-16-2010 12:19 AM

I've had mine for about 7 months now. I am very happy with it. You definitely notice a power boost when your rpms are running up.

I had my chip programming modified with the GM cat back. After this, I added the Cat and the street race exhaust with two dampeners. The car runs great and not too loud. I could probably get more performance with another modification to the programming however.

GOINGSOLO2 12-20-2011 07:41 PM

mikecronis 04-18-2012 11:38 AM

I've been warned by the owner last year that this is WAY too loud, but if there's gains, I still want it. I wonder if he'd make a deal with me?

GaryH 04-19-2012 11:45 PM

Is this the same high flow Solo cat that I bought? The one that pluged up just before the engine blew.

GOINGSOLO2 04-22-2012 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GaryH (Post 559975)
Is this the same high flow Solo cat that I bought? The one that pluged up just before the engine blew.

Not sure what you mean. We have not had issues with the converters plugging up unless an improper tune was flashed where the A/F ratio is too rich. With this, any aftermarket cat would plug. We have hundreds of these on the road with no issues. Feel free to give Jeff a call at 905-703-1557.

Steve

mikecronis 05-08-2012 12:55 PM

Now going for $405 instead of $290? Is this the same one or were there some upgrades to the earlier model; or is it just a supply and cost issue for the materials? So far, SOLO is #1 for exhaust in my book.