Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum (https://www.skyroadster.com/forums/)
-   Solo Performance (https://www.skyroadster.com/forums/f76/)
-   -   Sky Redline Street Race Exhaust Kit (https://www.skyroadster.com/forums/f76/sky-redline-street-race-exhaust-kit-29704/)

GOINGSOLO2 03-03-2009 07:57 PM

Sky Redline Street Race Exhaust Kit

4 Attachment(s)
SOLO Performance is proud to offer our Sky Redline Street Race Exhaust Kit. The Sky Redline Street Race kit was developed primarily for people that want race-like sound, high performance, and the look of dual exhaust with polished stainless steel tips. Here are some attributes of our Sky Redline Street Race system:
  • It is a dual exhaust. All polished mandrel bent stainless steel exhaust with two beautiful rear tips. (No muffler)
  • Front section- Full 3" mandrel stainless pipe with laser cut stainless flange, stainless oxygen sensor bung, 3" double braided flex pipe, and additional hanger bracket. This 3" section actually sits " to " higher than the stock 2 ” exhaust.
  • Rear section - Stamped stainless Y pipe 3" in, dual 2 1/2" out. This branches into mirror image rear polished 2 1/2" stainless steel pipes with tips. This exits the stock rear valence.
  • Sound- Nice aggressive rumble with no droan.

Sound Clips and Videos

Sky Redline Street Race Exhaust Kit- $528
Shipping- $80

Send me a PM with questions, concerns, and/or order inquiries.:thumbs:

Koobie 03-03-2009 08:38 PM

Guys & Gals,

I just want to vouch that this is probably the best exhaust system on the market. I just put this in my GXP about 3 weeks or so ago, and it is just fantastic.

Drone is non-existant at cruising speeds (70 MPH on interstate), and the idle is actually pretty mellow and not obnoxious at all. Customer service is excellent, as Jeff was very patient with helping me through my exhaust install.

GOINGSOLO2 03-04-2009 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koobie (Post 410378)
Guys & Gals,

I just want to vouch that this is probably the best exhaust system on the market. I just put this in my GXP about 3 weeks or so ago, and it is just fantastic.

Drone is non-existant at cruising speeds (70 MPH on interstate), and the idle is actually pretty mellow and not obnoxious at all. Customer service is excellent, as Jeff was very patient with helping me through my exhaust install.

Thanks Koobie...it's much appreciated. I have a Street Race setup on my Solstice and absolutely love the sound also. I find that I drive with the radio off sometimes, just to listen to the sound of the exhaust.

uranium-238 03-04-2009 11:32 AM

Ok, so what are the odds of getting a quad-tip version? (Had to ask... :D)

GOINGSOLO2 03-04-2009 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uranium-238 (Post 410508)
Ok, so what are the odds of getting a quad-tip version? (Had to ask... :D)

The quad tips are being developed as we speak...I would say they'll be available in about three months. If you would like to purchase the exhaust sooner, we can send you out a kit now and when the quad tips become available, we can get you out a pair of those for a really low cost.:thumbs:

uranium-238 03-04-2009 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOINGSOLO2 (Post 410510)
The quad tips are being developed as we speak...I would say they'll be available in about three months. If you would like to purchase the exhaust sooner, we can send you out a kit now and when the quad tips become available, we can get you out a pair of those for a really low cost.:thumbs:

That's great news, especially since I'll buy purchasing a kit before the MD mod meet in May. C'mon, tax return! :thumbs:

GOINGSOLO2 03-04-2009 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uranium-238 (Post 410667)
That's great news, especially since I'll buy purchasing a kit before the MD mod meet in May. C'mon, tax return! :thumbs:

Great to hear. Drop me a message when you are ready and I'll make sure the transaction is smooth and effortless. You will really love the sound and performance of the Street race kit.

kdub627 03-08-2009 01:35 PM

is the warranty still left intact with this?

Koobie 03-08-2009 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kdub627 (Post 411606)
is the warranty still left intact with this?

Depends on your dealer, but I have NEVER heard of a cat-back exhaust being the direct cause of any kind of engine failure.

I think its safe to say more than likely you will have your warranty, as long as you don't swap the cat you will be A-OK.

xmicro_Redline 03-08-2009 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koobie (Post 411623)
Depends on your dealer, but I have NEVER heard of a cat-back exhaust being the direct cause of any kind of engine failure.

I think its safe to say more than likely you will have your warranty, as long as you don't swap the cat you will be A-OK.

:agree::agree::agree:

They just cannot even argue if you leave the cat! :thumbs:

GOINGSOLO2 03-08-2009 04:47 PM

I have never heard of a dealership that has voided a warranty because of an aftermarket exhaust. The warranty should be totally unaffected. I believe there is also a law that states the dealership would have to directly prove that the exhaust caused whatever problem they find before they can void the warranty. If I'm not mistaken, it is the Magnuson-Moss Act.

kdub627 03-09-2009 12:06 AM

sounds good, i think im going to wait for the quad tip though

K9ONU 03-09-2009 01:52 AM

I know this is a kinda dumb question but does a cat back no muffler exhaust system have any affect on emissions testing?? I would think it wouldnt, but Im not sure. I currently live in San Antonio where Bexar County does not have emissions testing but Im moving up to Alaska this summer where they do so I dont want to buy w/o knowing for sure. Also, are the quad tips going to look anything like RPIs?? Because I absolutly love theirs but their system is just so expensive since its made from 300 grade SS...:eek: Thanks in advance for your help. MAX

GOINGSOLO2 03-09-2009 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kdub627 (Post 411765)
sounds good, i think im going to wait for the quad tip though

The quad tips are only a very small price difference...you could always purchase a kit now, and we can send you the quad tips as soon as they are released for the difference. We have offered this to other members as well, who want to have a kit on the car as the weather begins to get more pleasant.

GOINGSOLO2 03-09-2009 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K9ONU (Post 411788)
I know this is a kinda dumb question but does a cat back no muffler exhaust system have any affect on emissions testing?? I would think it wouldnt, but Im not sure. I currently live in San Antonio where Bexar County does not have emissions testing but Im moving up to Alaska this summer where they do so I dont want to buy w/o knowing for sure. Also, are the quad tips going to look anything like RPIs?? Because I absolutly love theirs but their system is just so expensive since its made from 300 grade SS...:eek: Thanks in advance for your help. MAX

The cat back systems will have no effect on emissions.

Here is a sneak peek at the quad tips we are thinking about using. Nothing is set in stone, but this is the direction we are looking at going.

http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/s...0Tips/0067.jpg