User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-03-2009, 04:43 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Welcome Solo Performance!

We would like to welcome Solo Performance as our newest supporting vendor!

Please take a moment to visit their site: : Welcome to Solo Performance : For Mufflers, Exhaust, Stainless Steel Tubing and Mandrel Pieces. Pics, Video, Installation.....Order Online.
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-06-2009, 11:26 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
If you have any questions about our products, please feel free to PM, email, or call me at any time. We are very happy to offer our products to this great community of auto enthusiasts!
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-07-2009, 01:34 AM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOINGSOLO2 View Post
If you have any questions about our products, please feel free to PM, email, or call me at any time. We are very happy to offer our products to this great community of auto enthusiasts!
How about we do this the right way, and I thank you for supporting the SkyRoadster web site by spending some money with you?! I will send you a private message with what I am looking for, and if you are open on Saturdays, I'll call so we can exchange info and get the deal done.

2006 Deep Solstice NA...Traded in for:
2009 Sky Redline Ruby Red Limited Edition
5 speed manual/rear spoiler added/6 disc/Monsoon
GMPP Tune/MBRP Charge Pipes/DDM Backbone & Probeam/K&N Drop in/HIDs
*Thank You Bob Lutz* And Wilmington UAW 435
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-07-2009, 04:12 AM

Welcome SOLO!

Hey members, I do not have a Solo Exhaust.....yet. I would like to just say that you have the right guy handling your questions and purchases. Steve has grown into Kappa modding slowly and has educated himself every step of the way at the cutting edge. He is a fellow LI Sky and Solstice member and a hell of a guy.

Welcome Steve, and Welcome Solo.

I have the Magnaflow Exhaust and I may or may not be speaking for other members here, but here is my list of what Solo would need to offer to get me to switch and remake the investment:

- Number 1 for me...COOL LOOKING TIPS - MUST BE double walled with an angular edge coming out of the pipe (see below) Magnaflow kills in this department. Must be polished of course and a little "Solo Performance" Etching at the top of the pipe would not hurt (See Below on Magnaflow)

- Keep it quiet at low idol, I do not want the system to be too loud if I am just sitting at a light, Constant loud grumble gives me a headache.

- Split the system up front, 2 pipes back with resonators makes more sense and less heat in the trunk, the Magnaflow muffler is WAYYY smaller than the stock, but I love what RPI did with there system in this area.

- Price point is also important, as if you didn't know that. I know you get what you pay for, but a lot of us went with Magnaflow because at the beginning they had the best offering for the best price. But if we are not looking to squeeze every last HP out of our SKY's we need an excuse to want to switch over.

- Customized option. Sell kits with rear fascia's as a kit. This way is you buy a single output or a dual you can get a fascia at the same time. I know Solo has always been ahead as far as being able to pick the system and the tips you want.

Can exhaust systems be made from Red/Black Carbon Fibre??

I hope this helps you launch here, I know Solo did a lot of Solstice work first, but that experience with Kappa should make the SKY offerings very SOLID!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Exhzust_Windrestrict_TIPS.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	31294   Click image for larger version

Name:	CLose Tips.jpg
Views:	904
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	31295   Click image for larger version

Name:	CrotonBrigdeDrRear_post.jpg
Views:	575
Size:	162.6 KB
ID:	31296  

Quote:
Originally Posted by reedred View Post
Mother always told me never to pay more than $40 for a rimjob.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-07-2009, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffInDFW View Post
How about we do this the right way, and I thank you for supporting the SkyRoadster web site by spending some money with you?! I will send you a private message with what I am looking for, and if you are open on Saturdays, I'll call so we can exchange info and get the deal done.
I sent you a PM.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-07-2009, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmicro_Redline View Post
Welcome SOLO!

Hey members, I do not have a Solo Exhaust.....yet. I would like to just say that you have the right guy handling your questions and purchases. Steve has grown into Kappa modding slowly and has educated himself every step of the way at the cutting edge. He is a fellow LI Sky and Solstice member and a hell of a guy.

Welcome Steve, and Welcome Solo.

I have the Magnaflow Exhaust and I may or may not be speaking for other members here, but here is my list of what Solo would need to offer to get me to switch and remake the investment:

- Number 1 for me...COOL LOOKING TIPS - MUST BE double walled with an angular edge coming out of the pipe (see below) Magnaflow kills in this department. Must be polished of course and a little "Solo Performance" Etching at the top of the pipe would not hurt (See Below on Magnaflow)

- Keep it quiet at low idol, I do not want the system to be too loud if I am just sitting at a light, Constant loud grumble gives me a headache.

- Split the system up front, 2 pipes back with resonators makes more sense and less heat in the trunk, the Magnaflow muffler is WAYYY smaller than the stock, but I love what RPI did with there system in this area.

- Price point is also important, as if you didn't know that. I know you get what you pay for, but a lot of us went with Magnaflow because at the beginning they had the best offering for the best price. But if we are not looking to squeeze every last HP out of our SKY's we need an excuse to want to switch over.

- Customized option. Sell kits with rear fascia's as a kit. This way is you buy a single output or a dual you can get a fascia at the same time. I know Solo has always been ahead as far as being able to pick the system and the tips you want.

Can exhaust systems be made from Red/Black Carbon Fibre??

I hope this helps you launch here, I know Solo did a lot of Solstice work first, but that experience with Kappa should make the SKY offerings very SOLID!
Paul...to answer a few questions you had:

When our quad tips are released, they will have the following features-
  • The tips will be staggered
  • They will have a lot of body to them
  • The tips will be angular
  • They will also be double walled

The exhaust can not be made out of carbon fiber for a few reasons. The cost would be very high, carbon fiber can not be welded, and the sound they have gotten on past CF systems has been sub-par.

Norm's fascia for the Sky will be available to order as a kit with the exhaust as soon as he completes his mold and they are ready for production. Norm will be making both a dual side exit, and a center exit fascia. He is currently brainstorming the dynamics of incorporating the reverse light with the center exit fascia.

All of our systems are really quiet at idle, so that won't be something you have to worry about. I hope this helped to answer your questions.

Steve
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-07-2009, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Paul...to answer a few questions you had:

When our quad tips are released, they will have the following features-
  • The tips will be staggered
  • They will have a lot of body to them
  • The tips will be angular
  • They will also be double walled

The exhaust can not be made out of carbon fiber for a few reasons. The cost would be very high, carbon fiber can not be welded, and the sound they have gotten on past CF systems has been sub-par.

Norm's fascia for the Sky will be available to order as a kit with the exhaust as soon as he completes his mold and they are ready for production. Norm will be making both a dual side exit, and a center exit fascia. He is currently brainstorming the dynamics of incorporating the reverse light with the center exit fascia.

All of our systems are really quiet at idle, so that won't be something you have to worry about. I hope this helped to answer your questions.

Steve

Great info Steve...... Staggered Tips.....Forgot to mention that! Awesome, great answers!

Couple more for you:

1 - Will there be more than one configuration?
2 - What will the Configuration be?
3 - Cost for Skyroadster Members?
4 - Can members do custom configurations?

I am sure that others that have aging Magnaflow systems will eventually look to replace them, appreciate the responses.

Quote:
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-08-2009, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Great info Steve...... Staggered Tips.....Forgot to mention that! Awesome, great answers!

Couple more for you:

1 - Will there be more than one configuration?
2 - What will the Configuration be?
3 - Cost for Skyroadster Members?
4 - Can members do custom configurations?

I am sure that others that have aging Magnaflow systems will eventually look to replace them, appreciate the responses.
1- We will ultimately have the square tips and one kind of dual tip. It's so hard to have multiple tips more than this.

2-T304 stainless, 3" dual round tips with rolled edge and inner bevel. They look real nice.

3- We will only charge the cost differential to us. We won't make a penny on markup. We don't know the cost yet but I think they should come in at about $10 per tip. That's just an approximation.

4- We could always ship a kit without tips at a reduced cost, and you could have your own preferred tips welded on.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-09-2009, 12:50 AM

Quote:
1- We will ultimately have the square tips and one kind of dual tip. It's so hard to have multiple tips more than this.

2-T304 stainless, 3" dual round tips with rolled edge and inner bevel. They look real nice.

3- We will only charge the cost differential to us. We won't make a penny on markup. We don't know the cost yet but I think they should come in at about $10 per tip. That's just an approximation.

4- We could always ship a kit without tips at a reduced cost, and you could have your own preferred tips welded on.

How about the configuration of the exhaust system? Are they all no muffler? All 3" cat back? Just curious.

The quad tip sounds great!

Quote:
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-09-2009, 08:42 AM

Quote:
How about the configuration of the exhaust system? Are they all no muffler? All 3" cat back? Just curious.

The quad tip sounds great!
The exhausts will be all of the kits we offer, either a MACH with a 14" muffler, a MACH Shorty with an 11" muffler, or the Street Race with no muffler.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-09-2009, 08:55 AM

Here is a sneak peek at the tips we are looking at using. Nothing is finalized, but this is the direction we are heading.

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Vendors > Solo Performance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in