Hey members, I do not have a Solo Exhaust.....yet. I would like to just say that you have the right guy handling your questions and purchases. Steve has grown into Kappa modding slowly and has educated himself every step of the way at the cutting edge. He is a fellow LI Sky and Solstice member and a hell of a guy.
Welcome Steve, and Welcome Solo.
I have the Magnaflow Exhaust and I may or may not be speaking for other members here, but here is my list of what Solo would need to offer to get me to switch and remake the investment:
- Number 1 for me...COOL LOOKING TIPS - MUST BE double walled with an angular edge coming out of the pipe (see below) Magnaflow kills in this department. Must be polished of course and a little "Solo Performance" Etching at the top of the pipe would not hurt (See Below on Magnaflow)
- Keep it quiet at low idol, I do not want the system to be too loud if I am just sitting at a light, Constant loud grumble gives me a headache.
- Split the system up front, 2 pipes back with resonators makes more sense and less heat in the trunk, the Magnaflow muffler is WAYYY smaller than the stock, but I love what RPI did with there system in this area.
- Price point is also important, as if you didn't know that. I know you get what you pay for, but a lot of us went with Magnaflow because at the beginning they had the best offering for the best price. But if we are not looking to squeeze every last HP out of our SKY's we need an excuse to want to switch over.
- Customized option. Sell kits with rear fascia's as a kit. This way is you buy a single output or a dual you can get a fascia at the same time. I know Solo has always been ahead as far as being able to pick the system and the tips you want.
Can exhaust systems be made from Red/Black Carbon Fibre??
I hope this helps you launch here, I know Solo did a lot of Solstice work first, but that experience with Kappa should make the SKY offerings very SOLID!