Barring myself from SkyRoadster.com - Page 2 - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Sky/KAPPA Rumors, Gossip, Scuttlebutt, Hearsay and Speculation The place to discuss rumors, upcoming info leaks, spy photos, unconfirmed tidbits, and be a general "net-detective"

User Tag List

8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 62 (permalink) Old 04-13-2016, 03:11 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Garage
There is always a 5th option
People can buy some expensive cheese to go with their w(h)ine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 62 (permalink) Old 04-13-2016, 03:29 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1707 Post(s)
Garage
Hey, I understand the basic premise of Marvic's overt gripe. I wonder how many trees have been destroyed to make up all the ads I get in the mail that go right to the recycle bin. I have an email address setup just for use on sites that will probably wind up generating spam mail. On TV, radio, email, forums, Facebook, Google, Yahoo News, billboards, buses, license plate frames...we are subjected to advertising EVERYWHERE. I get it.

But honestly, what the Vendors do here is really nothing. To me, a signature in a forum member's post is just that, a signature. I can glance at it and know who wrote the post without seeing their avatar or name. It is so affective that I generally don't even consciously read the signature, just the size, color, format, etc. of it while reading through posts is enough to identify the poster. So for me, a signature line is never distracting as it is only a visual cue for me to know who wrote the post. If it was so bad as to get my attention beyond that limited scope, then I could see a problem. That's not what we're talking about here though.

V.A.L. (#1108)
2007 2.4 Base
MagnaFlow dual outlet, quad tip exhaust test car
**Sold**

Max (#1547)
2007 TURBO 2.4
Too much to list here. See my Garage for details.
post #18 of 62 (permalink) Old 04-13-2016, 04:38 PM

Garage
Doesnt this forum give you a choice to display or not display others signatures?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 62 (permalink) Old 04-13-2016, 05:50 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
You know, I don't know...that's a good question.

...Investigating...

Yes, yes you do.

Click on User CP (upper right corner area) and then click on Edit Options under the Options and Settings menu located in the left hand menu area of the User CP page.

Scroll down that page and under Thread Display Options you have the ability to check or un check the Show Signatures box.

Of course this means it will hide ALL signatures in ALL threads, not just from one individual user.

V.A.L. (#1108)
2007 2.4 Base
**Sold**

Max (#1547)
2007 TURBO 2.4
post #20 of 62 (permalink) Old 04-13-2016, 07:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech View Post

...Investigating...

Yes, yes you do.

Click on User CP (upper right corner area) and then click on Edit Options under the Options and Settings menu located in the left hand menu area of the User CP page.

Scroll down that page and under Thread Display Options you have the ability to check or un check the Show Signatures box.

Of course this means it will hide ALL signatures in ALL threads, not just from one individual user.
Well that does work quite well! And as far as he's pissed at the aforementioned I see now that Bud Kisser is on his **** list.

MarlboroMike what do you think about all this?

Bert
post #21 of 62 (permalink) Old 04-13-2016, 07:18 PM

Garage
Most modern forums have that feature
post #22 of 62 (permalink) Old 04-13-2016, 07:25 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
I just never have had a need to use it is all. Doesn't surprise me that it does though.

V.A.L. (#1108)
2007 2.4 Base
**Sold**

Max (#1547)
2007 TURBO 2.4
post #23 of 62 (permalink) Old 04-14-2016, 04:02 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by boboborino View Post
Looks like you're a little short on your post count. Hey, another shout out to elff!

Bert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windancer View Post
I agree with Bert, C'mon Vic tell us why you want to leave.......
Terry
My side of the story....
I've been a member on here for almost 7 years and never had to deal with advertisements because of my lifetime membership status. Up until recently when management decided to change the SkyRoadster forum format to what it is now. My user lifetime membership account was not placed back onto my user status causing lots of forcible advertisements to take over my computer every time I log onto this site.
Now time to read message and what come up, some guy selling plastics with a 3" signature and a 1/8th of an inch post "Hi", "Nice Car" or "Welcome". But under all that short text came their ad which I believe was intended to force their ads down our throats. This confusing signature of theirs not only almost hid their own post but was on top almost camouflage the post that was next.
I know your thinking I'm over reacting but when you come to a place you love and things are thrown at you' you look for a way to make things better and in my gut feeling removing large signatures was a way to confront this situation.
My lifetime membership was reinstalled a little over a week ago and these bombardment of advertisements are not their anymore but the damage from my griping or whining is still there..
Also, I also don't like when an establishment, company or anyone making false online advertisements taking advantage of Veteran holidays then claiming they are also veterans. We all know what's happening with the "Wounded Warrior foundation", Vets taking from Vets!!!
My post were disappearing (DELETED) just because I was placing a 10% off on the header of each post.
This one particular person decided to judge my posts as a selling adventure and deleted my comments as to the advertisement situation leaving me with no words to encounter the attack on me by a plastic scratcher salesperson...
I'm sure this post will get DELETED as to my comments don't merit or are as worthy as the other guy that just types in "Hi" or "Welcome" every time he logs-on-here just to shove their stuff down our throats..
A short Comment: I think ROBOtech should take a few weeks off from this website, he has not been in a not such a good mood since banning MarlboroMike who did a number on ROBO by not coming back..
Elff - Reason for your shout-out: "666" goes hand in hand with Lucifer, I thought you were more satanic then that!

Last edited by MARVIC 1; 04-14-2016 at 04:10 PM.
post #24 of 62 (permalink) Old 04-14-2016, 04:14 PM

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Well, I still love you Vic. Please stay and bitch about everything and everyone. It keeps my day entertained.

(And don't take the above to mean you don't have useful and helpful posts, 'cos you do!)

FREE MARVIC!!

Owner of "Campbelle", a Brazen 2008 GXP ... with mods piling up...
post #25 of 62 (permalink) Old 04-14-2016, 04:52 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomatoSoup View Post
Well, I still love you Vic. Please stay and bitch about everything and everyone. It keeps my day entertained.

(And don't take the above to mean you don't have useful and helpful posts, 'cos you do!)

FREE MARVIC!!
Mark, someone has to do it, you know what they say, "Men these days are Wimps"...
post #26 of 62 (permalink) Old 04-14-2016, 06:56 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARVIC 1 View Post
My side of the story....
I've been a member on here for almost 7 years and never had to deal with advertisements because of my lifetime membership status. Up until recently when management decided to change the SkyRoadster forum format to what it is now. My user lifetime membership account was not placed back onto my user status causing lots of forcible advertisements to take over my computer every time I log onto this site.
Now time to read message and what come up, some guy selling plastics with a 3" signature and a 1/8th of an inch post "Hi", "Nice Car" or "Welcome". But under all that short text came their ad which I believe was intended to force their ads down our throats. This confusing signature of theirs not only almost hid their own post but was on top almost camouflage the post that was next.
I know your thinking I'm over reacting but when you come to a place you love and things are thrown at you' you look for a way to make things better and in my gut feeling removing large signatures was a way to confront this situation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech View Post

...Investigating...

Yes, yes you do.

Look at that Marvic, a way you don't have to see their "annoying" signature. Problem solved. Use that feature.

Quote:
My lifetime membership was reinstalled a little over a week ago and these bombardment of advertisements are not their anymore but the damage from my griping or whining is still there..
Also, I also don't like when an establishment, company or anyone making false online advertisements taking advantage of Veteran holidays then claiming they are also veterans. We all know what's happening with the "Wounded Warrior foundation", Vets taking from Vets!!!
I would like to know why you are suggesting ("claiming they are also veterans") that the owners are not also veterans? How do you think a veteran would feel about his or her service being called into question? You don't think that's insulting? Just because they made a sale open to everyone on Veteran's Day doesn't put them into the same category as the Wounded Warrior foundation...assuming the claims against them are true and I'm not commenting on that one way or the other.

Quote:
My post were disappearing (DELETED) just because I was placing a 10% off on the header of each post.
This one particular person decided to judge my posts as a selling adventure and deleted my comments as to the advertisement situation leaving me with no words to encounter the attack on me by a plastic scratcher salesperson...
How about you tell the whole truth Marvic as I wrote to you in a PM. An example of your title:

Quote:
The SkyRoadster Department Store get 7.5% off today only!
Now, the "SkyRoadster Department Store" sure sounds like a selling adventure to me or maybe you have a different definition for "store" than I do.

For anyone that didn't understand what point you were trying to make with that, they'd probably think you had a store. Thus, I have to take that title to mean you're advertising for the "SkyRoadster Department Store" without being a supporting vendor...which is against forum rules since that post looks exactly like that's what you are doing.

Now, if you're not selling, then that thread title is meant to be directed at the vender you are having issues with which is directly meant to harass them...which is ALSO against forum rules.

The body of said post with said above title:

Quote:
Quote:
Nice Car
10% of it is.
That is not a post "speaking out in defense" of anything.

Your threads were deleted because your posts titles couldn't be removed without deleting the post, the thread title appeared to be advertising without you being a paying vendor which is not allowed and the appearance of allowing that to happen cannot be allowed, and/or (take your pick) you are harassing another member, a paying vendor no less. Regardless, had you started harassing any member like this, the same thing would have happened. You had not been banned and this could have been handled in private. You choose to bring it here.

As for the assertion that we deleted your posts leaving you no way to defend yourself, there was only one post where the vender decided to address your behavior. Immediately after that post you wrote this "defending" yourself:

https://www.skyroadster.com/forums/f9...ml#post1055602

That post was not edited or removed. You were given free voice to defend yourself even though I was asked to remove that post (as well as others from the other party as well). I left it up just for this reason, so you couldn't say we didn't let you post a rebuttal to their accusations. Your claim on that fact is without merit.

Quote:
I'm sure this post will get DELETED as to my comments don't merit or are as worthy as the other guy that just types in "Hi" or "Welcome" every time he logs-on-here just to shove their stuff down our throats..

A short Comment: I think ROBOtech should take a few weeks off from this website, he has not been in a not such a good mood since banning MarlboroMike who did a number on ROBO by not coming back..
I warned you Marvic...more than once...that if you continued bringing this up I would ban you. I wanted to keep this private. You chose to make this post. It is the last we'll be hearing from you for a while since you cannot follow the forum rules and acquiesce to my warnings.

Quote:

FREE MARVIC!!
Until this post TS Marvic wasn't needing to be freed. Now he will return in about a month as this is his second offense. I cannot tell you how much I did not want it to come to this. Marvic 1 has always been someone who has been a huge help to this forum, but that does not justify his behavior these last few weeks. I hope he continues to help other members of this forum (since I suspect, if I were to ever ask for his help I'd not receive it at this point) and that, once his ban is over, he can come back, turn off signatures, and enjoy the forum without the ads that bother him. If not, that is his choice.

To the forum populous as a whole, I cannot stress this enough. If you wish to harass another member on this site, regardless of who they are or who you are, it will no longer be tolerated. I understand in the past this kind of behavior was overlooked but that is no longer the case. This forum has seen a rise in participation and new membership since these policies once again have been enforced and that trend will not allowed to be stagnated by these kinds of immature actions. I am more than fair, I am more than reasonable, but I mean what I say.

V.A.L. (#1108)
2007 2.4 Base
**Sold**

Max (#1547)
2007 TURBO 2.4

Last edited by Robotech; 04-14-2016 at 07:13 PM.
post #27 of 62 (permalink) Old 04-14-2016, 10:21 PM

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Oh Jeez Robo. Now I think YOU are being ridiculous.

I think I may not revisit this forum for a while either. I thought this was supposed to be America.

Owner of "Campbelle", a Brazen 2008 GXP ... with mods piling up...
post #28 of 62 (permalink) Old 04-14-2016, 11:29 PM

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Garage
I'll just leave this here:

RKSport Hood
DDM I/C Pipes, OCC, Shifter Kit, Silicone Hoses, T-Bolts, trunk/hood lights
Werks I/C, Rad, Backbone & Swaybars
reBar
K&N CAI
MF Catback
Solo Race Pipe
3bar MAP w/ ZZP Tune
Windrestrictor & Lit Sills
Quaife Diff
post #29 of 62 (permalink) Old 04-15-2016, 12:11 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:

I think I may not revisit this forum for a while either. I thought this was supposed to be America.
TS, it is.

And the vendor had every right to post what he was posting without being harassed for it.

The vendor complained about the posts and Marvic was asked via PM, twice, to tone it down. He chose not to. Instead he makes his "advertisement" titles which I could not just delete without deleting the whole post.

He was told, in the original thread, to stop going on about the posts this vendor was making and if he, or anyone else, had any further comments on the matter to take it up with me via PM. He chose not to listen to any of that.

He doesn't want to see their ad signature, he has a way to turn that off, he chooses not to.

At some point TS, if someone isn't willing to use the tools available to them to help themselves and instead chooses to continue to behave in an immature fashion, ignore the rules of the forum, and repeated requests from moderation staff, my hands are tied. If I do nothing, then any authority I have as a moderator goes out the Window. If I act, I have mature, rational forum members such as yourself seeing me as a bad guy.

If you have a better way of handling this TS, I'm all ears.

V.A.L. (#1108)
2007 2.4 Base
**Sold**

Max (#1547)
2007 TURBO 2.4
post #30 of 62 (permalink) Old 04-15-2016, 12:46 PM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 462 Post(s)
Quote:

Yes this is America. But why do people think because this is America, they can go into someones private place of business, which is what this forum is, and have free reign to do anything they want. The establishment has rules, and you either follow them or leave.

Plus people seem to have forgotten, actions have consequences, yes you are free to walk into a theater and yell Fire. You will go to jail, but your free to do it.

VIC, why didn't you just Block posts from windrestrictor and then you would have no problem? Seems you are cutting off your nose ...

I can see how the loss of your Lifetime Member privileges would be upsetting and it seems it took a long time to fix, but its fixed now.

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Other KAPPA, Sky and Small Roadster/RWD Cars > Sky/KAPPA Rumors, Gossip, Scuttlebutt, Hearsay and Speculation

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in