Barring myself from SkyRoadster.com - Page 3 - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Sky/KAPPA Rumors, Gossip, Scuttlebutt, Hearsay and Speculation The place to discuss rumors, upcoming info leaks, spy photos, unconfirmed tidbits, and be a general "net-detective"

User Tag List

8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 62 (permalink) Old 04-15-2016, 04:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by davhamm View Post
Yes this is America. But why do people think because this is America, they can go into someones private place of business, which is what this forum is, and have free reign to do anything they want. The establishment has rules, and you either follow them or leave.

Plus people seem to have forgotten, actions have consequences, yes you are free to walk into a theater and yell Fire. You will go to jail, but your free to do it. .
Hate to say it, but there are rules that society gives us to prevent anarchy. Dave's point about the theater is a very good example

Quote:
VIC, why didn't you just Block posts from windrestrictor and then you would have no problem? Seems you are cutting off your nose ... .
Yes that seems to me a very easy choice, if my opinion means anything to you why don't you just do this? I for one would be very sad to see you leave.

Quote:
I can see how the loss of your Lifetime Member privileges would be upsetting and it seems it took a long time to fix, but its fixed now.
Certainly glad your lifetime membership privileges have been restored. I think with any software upgrade, there will be some "growing pains" but they have been rectified.

Terry

2008 Midnight Blue Saturn Sky
2.4L, DDM Short Shifter, 18" Chrome Wheels, Limited Slip Differential, Sirius Radio/Onstar, Power Seat,
Spoiler, Power Windows, Power Door Locks, Kenwood Stereo, Leather, Windrestrictor, Opel GT Antenna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 62 (permalink) Old 04-15-2016, 10:31 PM

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Quoted: 829 Post(s)
Garage
Can't we all just get along.

Can't we all just sing a song.
post #33 of 62 (permalink) Old 04-16-2016, 12:22 AM

Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by skersfan View Post
Can't we all just get along. Can't we all just sing a song.
What would you suggest we sing?

Terry

2008 Midnight Blue Saturn Sky
2.4L, DDM Short Shifter, 18" Chrome Wheels, Limited Slip Differential, Sirius Radio/Onstar, Power Seat,
Spoiler, Power Windows, Power Door Locks, Kenwood Stereo, Leather, Windrestrictor, Opel GT Antenna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 62 (permalink) Old 04-16-2016, 01:05 PM

Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windancer View Post

Certainly glad your lifetime membership privileges have been restored. I think with any software upgrade, there will be some "growing pains" but they have been rectified.

Terry
Agreed. I had the same problem, but one mention of it rectified it.

I hate to see Vic go.

07 Sky
2.4L NA
5 speed
Limited slip differential
Chrome wheels
Premium trim package
Monsoon audio
AM/FM/XM/CD changer
post #35 of 62 (permalink) Old 04-30-2016, 10:52 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech View Post
The reason his post count is not 6,666 is because he had a bunch of posts with just _______________ to run it up and I combined them into one post. Find another way to run up your post count other than just posting empty space. Not hard to do. A few "Hey, great comment!" posts over multiple threads would do it.

The big issue Marvic has right now is he doesn't like that a vendor can have an advertisement in their signature and then posts simple replies like the example above putting their signature, and thus the ad, in multiple places on the forum.

The fact is vendors who are allowed to do that pay for that privilege. The vendor in question has not done anything over the top here. Marvic feels they have and he wants us to stop it. I have listened to Marvic and the vendor in question and my decision stands that there is no reason to stop the vendor from participating like they have been. There is some belief that MARVIC's issue may go further than just this vendor's advertising strategy and that he may have a person beef with the vendor. Why that may be I will not speculate on.

It comes down to Marvic wants the forum to be one way and it's not. He then has four choices. He can either accept the forum is as it is and continue to participate, he can walk away and choose not to participate, he can continue trying to fight to change forum policy through mature and civilized methods, or he can protest the policy in an immature fashion until he gets banned. If he is unwilling to accept the policy and is unwilling to try and change it in a mature fashion, I feel walking away from the forum is an acceptable solution for him and is far better than the last option.

I hope he comes back one day as he is a valuable resource to this community. I feel getting this upset over a single line of text in someone's signature is a bit of an overreaction and if he does have a problem with this vendor I hope he can talk it out with forum management and the vendor so he, the vendor, and the forum can move on. If he doesn't come back, that is his decision and I respect that as well.
Robo, I like your style!
post #36 of 62 (permalink) Old 04-30-2016, 02:25 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 342 Post(s)
Garage
Well it isn't America where I am!

Time to let this die down, perhaps....?

1957 Jamaican MGA
1958 MGA Twincam
1962 MGA Coupe
1971 Jensen Interceptor
2007 BMW Z4M coupe
2009 Pontiac Solstice GXP Coupe
departed
1965 Jensen CV8
1969 MGC roadster,
1969 Lamborghini Islero S
1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Bill in BC
post #37 of 62 (permalink) Old 04-30-2016, 03:03 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Garage
I can certainly appreciate Marvic's sentiments when it comes to the particular vendor he was complaining about. Whoever took over the advertising at that vendor created a large signature tantamount to an advertisement, and has taken to posting mostly meaningless posts/replies to almost every post, in addition to daily posts in the vendor forum. He (she, it) is saturating this forum with advertising, which he/she is entitled to do as a supporting vendor.

I'm sure glad that I am not required to read all those posts. This vendor has been relegated to my personal twit filter!

Dave -
2006 Solstice NA #000741
post #38 of 62 (permalink) Old 04-30-2016, 04:11 PM

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 508 Post(s)
Yeah - it's getting ..ing annoying. I wonder if he realises how counterproductive it is. Certainly making me less prone to buying from them.

Owner of "Campbelle", a Brazen 2008 GXP ... with mods piling up...
post #39 of 62 (permalink) Old 04-30-2016, 06:50 PM

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
I will echo the two prior posts. Definitely a counterproductive ad strategy from my point of view. Being allowed to do something doesn't necessarily make doing it a good idea.

John
Lexington, KY
Sky NA 2007 Midnight Blue
Sky RL 2008 Carbon Flash - Naked
post #40 of 62 (permalink) Old 04-30-2016, 10:52 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveOC View Post
I can certainly appreciate Marvic's sentiments when it comes to the particular vendor he was complaining about. Whoever took over the advertising at that vendor created a large signature tantamount to an advertisement, and has taken to posting mostly meaningless posts/replies to almost every post, in addition to daily posts in the vendor forum. He (she, it) is saturating this forum with advertising, which he/she is entitled to do as a supporting vendor.

I'm sure glad that I am not required to read all those posts. This vendor has been relegated to my personal twit filter!

I have to agree, but would like to add that a supporting vendor's contract with a forum should include boundaries, one would be the signature size for sure! Another would be posting their ad in the supporting vendor topic zone, not anywhere they please. It's a bad contract that allows for advertising everywhere and anywhere. The product will still get marketed and sold this forum owner could at least set realistic boundaries. Maybe I should have an anti-vendor signature! Probably get taken to court though

2008 Sky Redline
Tarnished Silver Metallic
Trifecta Tuned
10mm 6061T Tunnel Brace
Eyelids
Seat Heaters
Universal Garage Remote
post #41 of 62 (permalink) Old 05-01-2016, 12:49 AM

Garage
Marvic1 is a good friend, and I respect his thoughts. But the adds do not bother me in the slightest. I think it bothers most because of the size, but the individual just may be the type of person that needs to comment on what he or she likes. Nothing offensive for me.

I have supported the operation since I got on the board, and in honesty they have supported my little Palm Springs run every single year. Providing product, free of charge and 50% savings. Not many of our vendors do that. DDM, Solo and Windrestrictor have helped me every single year. I support them all totally.

As much as I like Marvic1, I think the closing of this thread would possibly heal some things, and allow everyone to start over. I have lost two good friends on this site in the last 6 months or so. Really do not want to see it continue, nor do I want to see a supporting vendor grow tired of our shtick.
post #42 of 62 (permalink) Old 05-01-2016, 11:59 AM

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Most merchants appreciate feedback about their advertising, whether positive or negative, as it helps them to maximize their returns from it. If WR doesn't want to know that some people are reacting negatively to their advertising they don't have to pay attention, but I can't believe that they are happy that one of the more reasoned responses to their advertising is "Just block the sender so you don't have to look at it".

John
Lexington, KY
Sky NA 2007 Midnight Blue
Sky RL 2008 Carbon Flash - Naked
post #43 of 62 (permalink) Old 05-01-2016, 01:18 PM

Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Garage
Interestingly, another company that I've done some business with (not automotive or forum related) has been overloading my e-mail and snail mail inboxes with literature. The other day, I got a letter from them, basically saying "OK we hear you. We've been overloading you with advertising, and we're going to cut way back". I hadn't complained, but apparently many others had.

07 Sky
2.4L NA
5 speed
Limited slip differential
Chrome wheels
Premium trim package
Monsoon audio
AM/FM/XM/CD changer
post #44 of 62 (permalink) Old 05-01-2016, 02:06 PM

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by skersfan View Post
I think the closing of this thread would possibly heal some things, and allow everyone to start over.
Oh lord, please please please let it be

08 RL Auto, Onyx / Black
Stock spoiler
Billet Grille, Opel Ant
Halos, Eyelids
Wind Restrictor, RV10 Sun Shades
K&N Typhoon
DDM Charge Pipes, Venom Brace
PA HFC and Tune
Debadged
post #45 of 62 (permalink) Old 05-01-2016, 02:08 PM

Garage
What I am saying is this thread has reached everyone by now. No problem with comments made, just a thread that could potentially drive a vendor away is not a good idea.

I will send an email to Stephen today, asking if he is aware of this thread. They support us, but I would (ASS U ME) we are very small part of their business, and stay on because his brother liked the car.

I pay very little attention to advertising, be it here, or on TV or billboards. I normally know what I want and need, go get it. It just seems so trivial to me to get so upset about a box with words in it. I know Marvic1 is upset about it, but truly think it is more than just the advertising.
Endstate likes this.

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Other KAPPA, Sky and Small Roadster/RWD Cars > Sky/KAPPA Rumors, Gossip, Scuttlebutt, Hearsay and Speculation

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in