Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum (https://www.skyroadster.com/forums/)
-   Sky/KAPPA Rumors, Gossip, Scuttlebutt, Hearsay and Speculation (https://www.skyroadster.com/forums/f8/)
-   -   employee's to buy willmington plant (https://www.skyroadster.com/forums/f8/employees-buy-willmington-plant-31636/)

timo4563 06-17-2009 04:08 PM

employee's to buy willmington plant

My uncle said he heard on the news that the employee's at the willmington plant were buying the factory and to continue production of the Sky. He said that the Solstice is discontinued but that the plant would continue the sky and looking at other variations based on the "kappa" platform. ( He said that they mentioned that the same thing happened with Studebaker and the Avanti)
So, has any one else seen the same news? Or is my uncle just drinking to much?
Have a great day!
Tim:cheers:

reedred 06-17-2009 04:28 PM

I'm afraid it's time for an intervention. I've heard great things about Crossroads in Antigua. Best of luck to your family during this difficult time.

Simkow 06-17-2009 04:34 PM

No offense, but that is the least likely scenario I've heard so far. First, there is no way the employees have the money to buy the plant. Second, how on earth would you make money selling just the solstice and the sky? What about development of the future generations?

ChiliSky 06-17-2009 05:08 PM

Your poor Uncle, just so you know I am also an addictions therapist, so if you need some help with him let me know.........poor poor man!!!:willy:

marlboromike 06-17-2009 05:14 PM

Your uncle has an excuse...he drinks...what is your excuse for not having common sense.

SkyBaby 06-17-2009 05:19 PM

Hmmmmm...... Interesting.... Wont ever happen...but interesting! SkyBaby

Skip 06-17-2009 05:41 PM

Dream on and after a while look around and see that it was all a dream....Skip...:):D:)

jayman 06-17-2009 05:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
...is this the same uncle who likes to meet up with his friends once a month and dress up as their favorite Sesame Street characters?:lol:....yeah...he seems pretty credible:rolleyes:

SkyVue2 06-17-2009 05:56 PM

People thought that GM would never dump Pontiac.

Got a letter from Saturn today regarding the "preliminary agreement with the Penske Automotive Group" saying that "Saturn will look to forge a new path that takes us back to our roots as an independent brand." It goes on to state that "we will continue offering vehicles that Americans demand. Vehicles that are attractive, fuel efficient and affordable." OK folks, time to start "demanding" that the Kappa line of vehicles be saved from extinction.

SkySoldier 06-17-2009 06:09 PM

Last I heard was that GM would continue to build Saturns under contract to Penske. But they would be building the Outlook, Aura, and Vue. That's it.:dunno:

Kappa Fan 06-17-2009 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timo4563 (Post 440292)
My uncle said he heard on the news that the employee's at the willmington plant were buying the factory and to continue production of the Sky. He said that the Solstice is discontinued but that the plant would continue the sky and looking at other variations based on the "kappa" platform. ( He said that they mentioned that the same thing happened with Studebaker and the Avanti)
So, has any one else seen the same news? Or is my uncle just drinking to much?
Have a great day!
Tim:cheers:

Did he read it on the internet? Or hear it on the TV? ... If he did then it has be true ..... right???
http://kappaperformance.com/Smileys/default/bs.gif
Nobody I know within the confines of GM has told me anything like this ....... Nice rumor your uncle has started though! :lol:

enkymion 06-17-2009 08:03 PM

I don't want people to lose their jobs but I'm ok with them not making it anymore. I like rarely seeing my car.

SkyVue2 06-17-2009 08:19 PM

Kappa Plant not quite done yet?

Possible to run at reduced output, minimum, build on demand?
Apparently GM (and Biden) has already written off the Delaware plant.
Hopefully, the future of Boxwood is not in the hands of GM anymore.
Any potential deal between the current employees and the new owners
might include a larger buy-in plan, which could, in effect,
turn said builders of cars, further, into part-owners.

xmicro_Redline 06-17-2009 08:26 PM

Actually, I decided to buy the plant, but i will build a SKY with nothing but V8 Engines. V8 with Superchargers and Turbo's.............yea..........And then I woke up.:eek::lol:

marlboromike 06-17-2009 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyVue2 (Post 440336)
Possible to run at reduced output, minimum, build on demand?
Apparently GM (and Biden) has already written off the Delaware plant.
Hopefully, the future of Boxwood is not in the hands of GM anymore.
Any potential deal between the current employees and the new owners
might include a larger buy-in plan, which could, in effect,
turn said builders of cars, further, into part-owners.

Logically speaking...the Union now owns 17% of GM..the workers are actually the EMPLOYERS of the Union...so, technically speaking, they do own the plant...is there something wrong with my logic. Of course, GM sold the name to Penske...and whatever else is covered in the deal.