Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum (https://www.skyroadster.com/forums/)
-   Sky/KAPPA Rumors, Gossip, Scuttlebutt, Hearsay and Speculation (https://www.skyroadster.com/forums/f8/)
-   -   G2x ? (https://www.skyroadster.com/forums/f8/g2x-31384/)

DirtyMike 06-03-2009 01:58 AM

G2x ?

ok, since the sky/gt is done... what about the G2X? havent heard or read anything on it. i know it's an asian market kappa but is/was still being made? production/sales numbers? :huh:

snaponbob 06-03-2009 08:54 AM

It was a rebadged Sky Redline just as the Opel GT was. Kappas are now dead.

DirtyMike 06-03-2009 10:43 AM

I know that :lol: but since it was made outside US......? That's what I'm getting at

DaveOC 06-03-2009 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyMike (Post 436992)
ok, since the sky/gt is done... what about the G2X? havent heard or read anything on it. i know it's an asian market kappa but is/was still being made? production/sales numbers? :huh:

It was supposed to be made at Wilmington alongside the Solstice and Sky, the same as the Opel GT, for export. It never happened, and GM has never published any numbers that would even hint at it's existence in real life.

snaponbob 06-03-2009 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyMike (Post 437030)
I know that :lol: but since it was made outside US......? That's what I'm getting at

Mike, ALL Kappas were built in Wilmington. Not sure if the Opel GT had the full 5000 allocated cars built, but the G2X sure didn't. Both were exports from the US.

SR819 06-03-2009 11:00 AM

https://www.skyroadster.com/forums/f8...s-exist-27443/

I know these are not the numbers but I would say they are real for sure.:cheers:

TulsaSky 06-03-2009 12:59 PM

Inquiring minds?

:skep:
Husbands boss was on Holiday in Germany last month, his in-laws live there. He should have taken some pictures but he says that a dealer in Germany had my Sky in the lot, he has seen my car up close, and he claims they had a V6 instead of a 4cyl. They were Opel badged and with a V6, the dealer told him the cars are made in Germany. So was it a Mallet motor exchange or did Opel start assembling there own GT?
This fellow has no reason to make up such a tall tale so something is amuck :willy: So is the Opel GT still for sale in Europe?

TulsaSky
:jester:

DirtyMike 06-03-2009 01:58 PM

Oh, ok thought it was done over seas simce never heard anything else bout it

GS Stage 1 06-03-2009 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TulsaSky (Post 437060)
:skep:
Husbands boss was on Holiday in Germany last month, his in-laws live there. He should have taken some pictures but he says that a dealer in Germany had my Sky in the lot, he has seen my car up close, and he claims they had a V6 instead of a 4cyl. They were Opel badged and with a V6, the dealer told him the cars are made in Germany. So was it a Mallet motor exchange or did Opel start assembling there own GT?
This fellow has no reason to make up such a tall tale so something is amuck :willy: So is the Opel GT still for sale in Europe?

TulsaSky

Here you go, the German Opel site shows it as the LNF: Opel.de | Opel GT | Start

So if it was a V6, it has to of been a conversion done locally, when they leave the US as an Opel, it is just a Sky re-badged. :cheers:

TulsaSky 06-03-2009 04:38 PM

Not on website now!

Quote:

Originally Posted by GS Stage 1 (Post 437077)
Here you go, the German Opel site shows it as the LNF: Opel.de | Opel GT | Start

So if it was a V6, it has to of been a conversion done locally, when they leave the US as an Opel, it is just a Sky re-badged. :cheers:

Opel.de | Homepage

Your link is blank and the current website for GM Germany Opel does not have our Sky aka Opel GT in the line up. My world German Spy must of seen a convert, maybe some language translation lost on where the car was made :willy:

TulsaSky

GS Stage 1 06-03-2009 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TulsaSky (Post 437115)
Opel.de | Homepage

Your link is blank and the current website for GM Germany Opel does not have our Sky aka Opel GT in the line up. My world German Spy must of seen a convert, maybe some language translation lost on where the car was made :willy:

TulsaSky

Oh man that is creepy. As God is my witness, when I posted that link this morning, the German Opel site still had the Opel GT, now it is GONE. :lol:But it did have the same LNF information for the power plant as the Sky/Solstice and no mention of a V6 option.

Here is a link to Opel GT in Europe, with links to all the different countries. The new Opel GT.But it looks like the GT is disappearing on the individual country sites. :lol: It does still show up on the revolving line up at the main Opel site.Opel.com International Site | Discover Opel

SkyVue2 04-15-2010 10:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Not definitive proof, but more evidence
that the Asian market kappa did exist.
Exported quantity ... no numbers available
Daewoo wheel center caps
now available at ICS.

Morfious 04-15-2010 10:19 AM

At one of the factory Mecca tours there were G2x cars going down the assembly line. I have seen one there with my own 2 eyes so they do in fact exits.

mbeardsley 04-15-2010 08:50 PM

According to the VIN decoder site, for model year 2008, there were 120 Skys built with these codes :

DRX - MODEL CONVERSION DAEWOO DAEWOO(DRX)
CW1 - COUNTRY KOREA(EXPORT) KOREA(CW1)

I suspect that means that there were 120 Daewoo Kappas for 2008.

I don't have the info for other model years.

If someone were to provide me a valid VIN number for 2007 and/or 2009 I could probably get that info also.

Toomanybugs 04-15-2010 09:09 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbeardsley (Post 487340)
According to the VIN decoder site, for model year 2008, there were 120 Skys built with these codes :

DRX - MODEL CONVERSION DAEWOO DAEWOO(DRX)
CW1 - COUNTRY KOREA(EXPORT) KOREA(CW1)

I suspect that means that there were 120 Daewoo Kappas for 2008.

I don't have the info for other model years.

If someone were to provide me a valid VIN number for 2007 and/or 2009 I could probably get that info also.

I heard from someone at Wilmington, they only ship seven of them? :cool: and they show up under the Opel GT production numbers?? :brentil:

I have only seen the silver and red one?? :banghead: