Skyroadster.com Merchandise Click here to visit the Skyroadster.com store

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 67 (permalink) Old 07-11-2014, 12:55 AM

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 729 Post(s)
Garage
I was not able to get much accomplished on these. We are leaving for the FJ Cruiser National event in Ouray, Colorado this weekend. Will be back in 10 days or so. Rick at AVI Graphics should have something put together for me then. He is quite talented, a good friend, so I think we will have something all will like.

Thanks Mike. Some people cut to the chase, lay it on the line and I have no problems. I look forward to being friends with a lot of people on this board. Nothing beats Fun!!!!
post #32 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-01-2014, 11:17 AM

Garage
Headed by Ricks today, supposed to have work done on my wrap/design and hopefully the tshirt. Will update this evening.
post #33 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-01-2014, 01:09 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 845 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by skersfan View Post
Headed by Ricks today, supposed to have work done on my wrap/design and hopefully the tshirt. Will update this evening.
And now for the anticipatory anxiety....let's see what the artist comes up with...
post #34 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-01-2014, 02:11 PM

Garage
I think I am looking for something that can actually be the color of the car. Red, yellow, blue, white, or the silhouette in your cars color. Just some ideas.
post #35 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-01-2014, 07:02 PM

Garage
Graphic guy out for the weekend. Took Friday off. Next week, maybe.
post #36 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-02-2014, 12:09 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks for the update

2008 Redline
post #37 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-02-2014, 01:41 PM

Garage
Thanks for your response IKenn

My guess is he will take a picture of my car, then work around it. Are most of you into it being as close to exact or more of a artistic version. He is a complete shop, so I can have the Tshirts done in any color. Not looking to make money on these, but have to break even on them, so will depend on the reaction after I have a few designs for all to look at.

All ideas are welcome.
post #38 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-04-2014, 04:02 PM

I like the idea of a silhouette /outline but would like to see the artistic choices as well .

2008 Redline
post #39 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-04-2014, 05:06 PM

Garage
I was by there today, he says he is working on it. He is doing a custom design wrap for the hood of mine. Dare not push him on the Tshirts or my car suffers. Me first attitude I guess!!!
post #40 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-04-2014, 09:05 PM

I don't blame you , he doesn't need the distraction

2008 Redline
post #41 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-05-2014, 01:02 PM

Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
All ideas are welcome.
I truly think you will have to make the final decision as the old saying "you can't please everybody so please yourself" comes to mind. Don't get me wrong there will so many great ideas from everyone, just incorporate them into the final choice and everyone "should" be happy.

The thing that will bother me will be the cost of shipping said item into Canada.........

Terry

2008 Midnight Blue Saturn Sky
2.4L, DDM Short Shifter, 18" Chrome Wheels, Limited Slip Differential, Sirius Radio/Onstar, Power Seat,
Spoiler, Power Windows, Power Door Locks, Kenwood Stereo, Leather, Windrestrictor, Opel GT Antenna

Last edited by Windancer; 08-05-2014 at 01:04 PM.
post #42 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-05-2014, 11:50 PM

Garage
When he comes up with the ideas, I will post them on here, so everyone really has a say.

Isn't it possible to just mail a letter type envelope to you. Or do they search that kind of stuff. Never sent anything to Canada before. My friend lived in BC and said it was a night mare getting stuff across. I had sold him a trailer, but he got it home. It was registered in California first though.
post #43 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-06-2014, 09:59 AM

Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Isn't it possible to just mail a letter type envelope to you. Or do they search that kind of stuff. Never sent anything to Canada before.
Other Canadians may weigh in also. I am certainly not an expert when it comes to shipping into this country.

It certainly possible to mail a letter here, but when I buy something out of the States, I usually ask that it is sent by USPS instead of a courier. We are responsible for taxes and duty.

On small or inexpensive items the Canadian Postal Service seems to look the other way. I recently ordered a passenger door handle and some key fob covers, both came directly to me without extra charges.

But if something comes by courier, taxes and duty are automatically added as well as something called "customs brokerage" which is as far as I can tell a percentage of the actual declared value.

So the $20 shirt might end up costing $30 with exchange (which can't be helped), higher shipping costs, taxes (which can't be helped), duty and possibly a customs brokerage.

Terry

2008 Midnight Blue Saturn Sky
2.4L, DDM Short Shifter, 18" Chrome Wheels, Limited Slip Differential, Sirius Radio/Onstar, Power Seat,
Spoiler, Power Windows, Power Door Locks, Kenwood Stereo, Leather, Windrestrictor, Opel GT Antenna
post #44 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-06-2014, 10:12 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windancer View Post
Other Canadians may weigh in also. I am certainly not an expert when it comes to shipping into this country.

It certainly possible to mail a letter here, but when I buy something out of the States, I usually ask that it is sent by USPS instead of a courier. We are responsible for taxes and duty.

On small or inexpensive items the Canadian Postal Service seems to look the other way. I recently ordered a passenger door handle and some key fob covers, both came directly to me without extra charges.

But if something comes by courier, taxes and duty are automatically added as well as something called "customs brokerage" which is as far as I can tell a percentage of the actual declared value.

So the $20 shirt might end up costing $30 with exchange (which can't be helped), higher shipping costs, taxes (which can't be helped), duty and possibly a customs brokerage.

Terry
You guys should let the USA annex yawl... That is after Obamao is disposed of... I wouldn't join this country today fer nuttin...

Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties. Abraham Lincoln

The Constitution is essentially an obsolete charter of negative liberties. Barack Obama
post #45 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-06-2014, 10:27 AM

Garage
Couldn't they be mailed as a gift? Note, saying happy birthday or something of the like.

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > SKYRoadster News & Polls > Skyroadster.com Merchandise

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

« - | Beach Bum »