Cannot post to other forums - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Skyroadster AutoGuide Forum Support / Help Post here if you have any question or require technical assistance on skyroadster.com

User Tag List

1Likes
  • 1 Post By Administrator

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 08:06 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Cannot post to other forums

Past week or two I have been unable to post in most forums. I log in fine but when I select most forums it then says I am not logged in. If I log in again it tells me I'm already logged in and to hit my browser back button and refresh. That does nothing. I've tried clearing history and browser cache, tried different browsers and different PC's all with the same results.

In recent discussions it shows I made the last post. However, the post doesn't show (Saturn Sky Redline discussion Trifecta Installed, Sunday 6:45pm).

Hoping this will post!! Any ideas?

2007 Silver/Red Sky Redline
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 08:09 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1606 Post(s)
Garage
@Administrator can resolve this I hope. This is beyond my powers. LOL

V.A.L. (#1108)
2007 2.4 Base
MagnaFlow dual outlet, quad tip exhaust test car
**Sold**

Max (#1547)
2007 TURBO 2.4
Too much to list here. See my Garage for details.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 11:13 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Can confirm same issue here too. I picked a bad time to come over from the cx3forums lol. Im not sure if theres been website maintenance but it seems to have issue keeping track of the logged in status through tokenization - mainly because anytime I try to post or even update profile section it says token has expired go back and refresh etc.

2008 Saturn Sky Redline - Silver
2016 Mazda CX-3 GT- Crystal White Pearl Mica
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 02:40 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Can you tell me how you typically come to the site? Do you follow email notifications, use bookmarks, or manually type in the site name to the address bar?

Kevin
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 04:03 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Bookmarks and address bar. I think the site might be fighting me on pre-existing logins i.e. closing out of the page without formally logging out. Tried playing with different dns and ip/vpn settings (with and without) and same thing occurs. In some instances, ill sign in on a certain page or thread, it will basically refresh but still not show me logged in until I go to another page.

That being said the posting delay, according to admins on the cx3 site who is also named Kevin, said the entire site has basically 2 versions active. A cached state to show non-logged in lurkers and a live updated version for those who are logged in which is something that became really evident in the last couple of weeks over there and occasionally here. The updating of the cached non-logged in version seems to fall quite far behind in some instances. Im aware its a different forum but I would imagine the developers on the autoguide platform typically follow the same design in backend architecture?

Link on this thread on cx3forum which may or may not show based on the age of this account:
https://www.cx3forum.com/forum/cx3fo...bsite-bug.html

2008 Saturn Sky Redline - Silver
2016 Mazda CX-3 GT- Crystal White Pearl Mica

Last edited by SlyCoopers; 04-25-2019 at 08:59 AM.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 10:38 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Found that on the forums I cannot post to I also cannot see any newer posts despite it saying last post was today. The top banner of the page is completely different as if I'm on a different website when I clicked on that thread.

On the forum threads I can post to the top banner has a silver sky in the center with SkyRoadster.com printed to the right of it. On the threads I cannot view new posts nor post to, the top banner is blueish with a single silver sky on the far left with SkyRoadster.com printed on top of it.

2007 Silver/Red Sky Redline

Last edited by Huff; 04-22-2019 at 11:35 PM.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 12:30 PM
Administrator

The next time you log in, click on remember me.
Once it logs you in, it'll say you're not logged in since it's redirecting you to the cached version of the site.
Click refresh and see if you're logged in.

Ed
SlyCoopers likes this.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 07:48 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huff View Post
Found that on the forums I cannot post to I also cannot see any newer posts despite it saying last post was today. The top banner of the page is completely different as if I'm on a different website when I clicked on that thread.

On the forum threads I can post to the top banner has a silver sky in the center with SkyRoadster.com printed to the right of it. On the threads I cannot view new posts nor post to, the top banner is blueish with a single silver sky on the far left with SkyRoadster.com printed on top of it.
The different look is likely the issue many of us have mentioned before. The Redline forum always shows the old site design: https://www.skyroadster.com/forums/f24/. It would seem that a new setting or stylesheet wasn't applied to it.

"All this talk of sparks and chipmunk beheading got me excited...'' - CdnSkyGuy
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 09:27 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1606 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
The next time you log in, click on remember me.
Once it logs you in, it'll say you're not logged in since it's redirecting you to the cached version of the site.
Click refresh and see if you're logged in.

Ed
Quote:
Originally Posted by skl8260 View Post
The different look is likely the issue many of us have mentioned before. The Redline forum always shows the old site design: https://www.skyroadster.com/forums/f24/. It would seem that a new setting or stylesheet wasn't applied to it.
He is right Ed. The Redline section of this forum has never had the new layout applied to it since day one.

V.A.L. (#1108)
2007 2.4 Base
MagnaFlow dual outlet, quad tip exhaust test car
**Sold**

Max (#1547)
2007 TURBO 2.4
Too much to list here. See my Garage for details.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 01:47 PM
Administrator

I'm seeing this as well.
I am going to get this escalated

Ed

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Help & Feedback > Skyroadster AutoGuide Forum Support / Help

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in