Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum (https://www.skyroadster.com/forums/)
-   Skyroadster AutoGuide Forum Support / Help (https://www.skyroadster.com/forums/f99/)
-   -   Moderation Taking Too Long (https://www.skyroadster.com/forums/f99/moderation-taking-too-long-94429/)

buzzbee 10-14-2018 12:14 AM

Moderation Taking Too Long

Howdy,

I was excited to find this forum, but unfortunately, I'm not able to really be a part of the discussions, because it's taking a long time to get my posts moderated.

First, to be clear, I'm not complaining. I understand it must be onerous to review new folks' posts; however, it's deflating to the newby who just wants to be part of the conversations.

While I'm not complaining, I am frustrated.

How long do I have to be a member and/or how many posts do I have to submit before I'm off probation?

Sincerely,

buzz

skersfan 10-14-2018 01:26 AM

Your here and welcome!!!!!

Sly Bob 10-14-2018 09:09 AM

Yeah it can take a while to moderate posts. The owners of the forum here should stop paying the moderators for what they do here. >:)

The moderators do the job for free and although they try the best that they can, they do this because they... Wait, why do they do it again?

Oh and welcome to the forum! :grin:

marlboromike 10-14-2018 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sly Bob (Post 1286607)
Yeah it can take a while to moderate posts. The owners of the forum here should stop paying the moderators for what the do here. >:)

The moderators do the job for free and although they try the best that they can, they do this because they... Wait, why do they do it again?

!

I PROTEST! THEY R OVERPAID! Where is my Union rep? Bring in the SCABS.

Amorget 10-14-2018 10:15 PM

I have 2 posts over at the Solstice forum that are still sitting in moderation and it's been over a week.

Marcia Case 10-15-2018 02:58 PM

I thought it was just me. I am also a newbie and have not seen my post yet :(

Rob the Elder 10-15-2018 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amorget (Post 1286643)
I have 2 posts over at the Solstice forum that are still sitting in moderation and it's been over a week.

I have seen no posts over there awaiting moderation. Send me a link.

I just checked the last 5 days and find none awaiting approval.

I check several times a day. Once in a while I miss one but that is the exception.

Robotech 10-15-2018 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sly Bob (Post 1286607)
Yeah it can take a while to moderate posts. The owners of the forum here should stop paying the moderators for what they do here. >:)

Oh and welcome to the forum! :grin:

Moderators...plural....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AAAA That's a good one.

I'm it and I try to get to things as much as possible. There are certain steps you can take to get moderated quicker I believe though the steps seem to be hit or miss. I approve posts as quickly as I see them but I don't always catch them.

So, who's volunteering to be a moderator?

boboborino 10-15-2018 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robotech (Post 1286661)

I'm it and I try to get to things as much as possible. There are certain steps you can take to get moderated quicker I believe though the steps seem to be hit or miss. I approve posts as quickly as I see them but I don't always catch them.

Not me, but I will nominate MarlboroMike! Then this forum will go to the chitter!

Bert

DaveOC 10-15-2018 07:04 PM

Quote:

Not me . . . I've done it before, it's a PITA and a thankless job. (Or at least it used to be.)

>:)

44thSKY 10-15-2018 10:50 PM

Quote:

Robo, I ran into that once not too long ago, asking "are you volunteering", and I recall it was over on the Solstice Forum (not by you on this forum).

I took the Moderator's challenge seriously and sent a PM to that Moderator. My interest was to learn if I could help out and get newbee's on to the forums quicker and posting their own threads of interest. What I did NOT anticipate was the Moderator never replied to my PM. I concluded I did not fit what was being sought. And that was with all my contact mediums shared. Must be a really complex world in these forums. i must have lucked out, LOL.

Amorget 10-15-2018 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob the Elder (Post 1286659)
I have seen no posts over there awaiting moderation. Send me a link.

I just checked the last 5 days and find none awaiting approval.

I check several times a day. Once in a while I miss one but that is the exception.

Hi Rob,
It does look like you got to it. It was a post from back on Sept 26th. I posted twice in the thread not realized what was going on. Once was on 9/23 or 24, the other (which the post is now there) was 9/26.

I didn't realize that it had finally posted since it didn't bump it to the top of the Active Topics.

Thanks,
Douglas

Quote:

I know I am new here, but I've been a moderator on Thirdgen.org for something like 15 years... I'd volunteer.

44thSKY 10-16-2018 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 44thSKY (Post 1286689)
Robo, I ran into that once not too long ago, asking "are you volunteering", and I recall it was over on the Solstice Forum (not by you on this forum).

What I did NOT anticipate was the Moderator never replied to my PM.

Not to belabor this point, but since this topic has been brought up again, I checked back on the other forum. There WAS a reply to my PM mail some 42 days ago. (once again confirming my difficulties with forum communications mail)

To the issue of assistance, there is no prospect there, and I'm really fine with that. LOL :thumbs:

Robotech 10-16-2018 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amorget (Post 1286691)

I know I am new here, but I've been a moderator on Thirdgen.org for something like 15 years... I'd volunteer.

Hey @Administrator...LOL

Seriously, it would be nice to have even ONE more moderator...

Administrator 10-16-2018 02:31 PM

Thanks I'll send you a PM @Amorget to get this sorted.

Ed