Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum (https://www.skyroadster.com/forums/)
-   Skyroadster AutoGuide Forum Support / Help (https://www.skyroadster.com/forums/f99/)
-   -   New Problem 08/19/2016 (https://www.skyroadster.com/forums/f99/new-problem-08-19-2016-a-79713/)

DaveOC 08-19-2016 12:17 PM

New Problem 08/19/2016

1 Attachment(s)
When replying to a message, or quoting/replying to a message, or, indeed, posting this new thread, there is a noticeable pause while the little circular arrow indicator circles around, then I get an error message with respect to a script (attached).

Win 7, Firefox 48.0. This started yesterday.

Win7, Internet Explorer gives a blank screen and never recovers.

The window below the text entry area that usually shows "Manage Attachments" is missing as I type this.

DaveOC 08-19-2016 12:23 PM

Note that this appears to be the same issue that was discussed and fixed earlier on solsticeforum.com

Issue with posting replies - Pontiac Solstice Forum

DaveOC 08-20-2016 10:55 AM

Is anyone at VerticalScope/Autoguide paying any attention to this issue?

(Yes, I'm aware it is a weekend . . . )

:willy:

DaveOC 08-20-2016 10:59 AM

I am curious, what it the best way to bring operational issues to the attention of staff?

Is there a prescribed way to do it?

Thanks!

:toetap:

MARVIC 1 08-20-2016 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveOC (Post 1104529)
I am curious, what it the best way to bring operational issues to the attention of staff?

Is there a prescribed way to do it?

Thanks!

:toetap:

Dave, Just start a fight with some vender and you'll get all the attention you want, might even get kicked off for a few.... :rofl:

DaveOC 08-20-2016 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARVIC 1 (Post 1104537)
Dave, Just start a fight with some vender and you'll get all the attention you want, might even get kicked off for a few.... :rofl:

I kind of think it is highly dependent upon the vendor you decide to have a fight with. There are a couple of vendors that wouldn't notice, but others might raise a ruckus. :rofl:

Thanks for the humor injection!

:thumbs:

TomatoSoup 08-20-2016 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveOC (Post 1104553)
I kind of think it is highly dependent upon the vendor you decide to have a fight with. There are a couple of vendors that wouldn't notice, but others might raise a ruckus. :rofl:

Just testing from my end (Firefox).

Did get a noticeable pause for the reply window, but no script error.

My 2c

MARVIC 1 08-20-2016 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveOC (Post 1104297)
When replying to a message, or quoting/replying to a message, or, indeed, posting this new thread, there is a noticeable pause while the little circular arrow indicator circles around, then I get an error message with respect to a script (attached).

Win 7, Firefox 48.0. This started yesterday.

Win7, Internet Explorer gives a blank screen and never recovers.

The window below the text entry area that usually shows "Manage Attachments" is missing as I type this.

Dave, I also am using FireFox 48.0 and get a slight noticeable hesitation here but no script errors...

DaveOC 08-20-2016 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomatoSoup (Post 1104561)
Just testing from my end (Firefox).

Did get a noticeable pause for the reply window, but no script error.

My 2c

Thanks, TS, the pause is about 7-8 seconds on my desktop, a bit longer on my (less performance) laptop. I haven't tried it yet on my old, old, OLD iPad, but when it was happening on the solsticeforum forum, the iPad would lockup. Internet Explorer (with all the updates as of last week) appears to lock up while waiting on the script to complete, but I'm not sure what goes on there, as I only use IE when I'm having problems elsewhere. I haven't tried Chrome, but maybe I'll try it on my wife's Chromebook.

I probably have something set somewhere deep inside Firefox that causes the notification, something I set back in the dark ages when I was doing a lot more web development. I do very little now, thank you.

TomatoSoup 08-20-2016 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveOC (Post 1104585)
Thanks, TS, the pause is about 7-8 seconds on my desktop.

I just did a number of quote/cancels. Averaging about 6-7 seconds of pause before the window comes up on my desktop PC (core i5).

DaveOC 08-20-2016 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomatoSoup (Post 1104601)
I just did a number of quote/cancels. Averaging about 6-7 seconds of pause before the window comes up on my desktop PC (core i5).

Thanks for the verification. I just moved to my old, old desktop PC (core 2 duo) and the pause was a bit longer. My current desktop is a core i7.

Now I've got my feelers out for what I did to enable that script popup, it is research time . . .

:cool:

DaveOC 08-20-2016 01:02 PM

To avoid the issue, first select "Quick reply" then click "Go Advanced".

The script issue does not occur, the "Manage Attachments" button appears below as well as the "Drag and Drop File Upload" and there is a hardly noticeable pause.

This is the identical issue that Rob the Elder and I had problems with over on SolsticeForum.com. See my post #2

:willy:

MARVIC 1 08-20-2016 01:11 PM

I just logged on into this website without using my Username / Password or "Ad Blocker" (off)..
The computer after 3 minutes or less locked up on me. I tried it again and notice this website has a Million Script and video files trying to load at the same time!
This is Horrible, had to go into "Task Manager" to shout down the browser because of this site...

davhamm 08-20-2016 01:20 PM

Windows 7 and Firefox. Wow get with some modern tech.

Yeah, well I have been a Lifetime member since i got the car what 2 months now, still doesn't show and I only have 500 message storage, which is odd as its not even a level you can get. Sent 2 messages so far and no reply.

Nice way to make me feel like I sent my money to someone who appreciates it.

Guess I could dispute the charge on my credit card.

Administrator 08-20-2016 01:23 PM

hey there,

I would try turning off hardware acceleration on your browser, and turning video ads to "click to play" and turning off auto play. hope that helps a bit.

~Shane