New site look and software upgrade Feedback Thread - Page 10 - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Skyroadster AutoGuide Forum Support / Help Post here if you have any question or require technical assistance on skyroadster.com

User Tag List

18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #136 of 155 (permalink) Old 04-07-2016, 01:11 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1818 Post(s)
Garage
Enough!

MARVIC, as a forum MEMBER, WR is allowed to put whatever he wants in his signature so long as it is not of an obscene, degrading or derogatory nature. You don't like it? Tough. Welcome to the world of online forums. It's like you're getting upset with water because it's wet. It is what it is.

Data can be spun any way you want it. Perhaps WR has been posting 2 posts per day this year but over the entire time they've been here their average post count from day one is .47 posts per day. BOTH of you are spinning data to suit YOUR argument.

The fact that you want a member, ANY member, to post LESS because you don't like seeing their signature is unacceptable! We encourage participation and that is what WR is doing. Is it also promoting their business? Yes. Is promoting their business the reason for the short posts? I'm sure it is. However, there is nothing wrong with that. It's business. If I tell them to stop that, I would have to tell everyone to stop that and I'm not doing that because there is nothing wrong with any member posting "nice car" to a thread and nothing more.

WR, I understand your frustration I really do. I'm sure this is going to be taken as a moderator sucking up to the corporate bosom for the all mighty dollar because people are just that way. However, I wish you hadn't posted that last post. Posts like that, as can be seen by MARVIC's reply, only fan the flames. Understand that instead of making the situation better, you open the door to even worse comments.

You have asked us to do something about this and we are. You may not like the lethargic pace of our approach but it is something we apply equally to everyone across the board. In accordance with this, this WILL BE the last word on this matter in this thread. Any response in regards to this discussion from this post on WILL BE DELETED. As always, anyone wishing to continue to discuss this can do so in PM with me, WR, and/or MARVIC unless any party mentioned other than myself wishes to stay out of the discussion.

I also think it's best that MARVIC and WR just ignore one another at least for a few days until tempers cool off. That's not something that I am saying in an official capacity, but rather just some advice from one guy who doesn't like to see two good people get wrapped up in emotionally charged and completely unwinnable arguments.

I want to make this clear, I am all for openness but this discussion has crossed that line from productive forum material to a dispute between two parties which has nothing to do with the rest of the forum in general. As such I feel it does not need to be worked out in a public thread.
Wind Restrictor likes this.

V.A.L. (#1108)
2007 2.4 Base
MagnaFlow dual outlet, quad tip exhaust test car
**Sold**

Max (#1547)
2007 TURBO 2.4
Too much to list here. See my Garage for details.

Last edited by Robotech; 04-07-2016 at 01:43 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #137 of 155 (permalink) Old 04-07-2016, 01:16 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary3675 View Post
It would be nice to have a Classified tab at the top
Thanks Gary for getting this back on track.

Usually those communities that have a "classified" tab have a dedicated classified section meaning there is a feature of their software that has a classifieds section much like we have a garage section.

Here at Skyroadster the powers that be have decided to have a "for sale" section instead.

Saturn SKY vehicles/parts For Sale/Wanted - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum

Now if you go up to the forums tab above you'll see a drop down of Forum areas. When you mouse over "Other KAPPA, Sky and Small Roadster/RWD Cars entry under that forums tab you get a pop out menu and you will find the link to the above forum in that pop out menu. It's not easy to find granted and I didn't even know that tab and menu item works that way until just now researching this for you.
Wind Restrictor likes this.

V.A.L. (#1108)
2007 2.4 Base
**Sold**

Max (#1547)
2007 TURBO 2.4
post #138 of 155 (permalink) Old 04-07-2016, 01:41 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Thank you @Robotech!

I agree with @Gary3675, it would be awesome to have a more user-friendly classifieds section - perhaps organized by part type or something so that you could go to what you were looking for more quickly?

Something I saw on another forum was an icon to "share" a thread on Facebook. I see the "like" button above which is handy as well.

-Ashli

WindRestrictor®
Use code "Forum Member" save 10%.
Windrestrictor®
Click Here For Info
972-487-5987
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #139 of 155 (permalink) Old 04-07-2016, 01:43 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Just from my experience......When I go to a website looking for something for sale, I like something that jumps out and points me to the for sale section. If its not there a new person to the site may just move on. Truthfully I just found the classified section a few days ago and I have been on this site every day since it changed over to the new format. Another site I visit was laid out with the classified burred in one of the tabs. Now they have a dedicated tab which makes it way easier to find. As someone selling a car I want it to be easy for someone visiting this site to be able to find my ad.
post #140 of 155 (permalink) Old 04-07-2016, 01:45 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Thanks for the input Gary and I see your point. I don't have control over that but I know those that do watch this thread quite closely.

V.A.L. (#1108)
2007 2.4 Base
**Sold**

Max (#1547)
2007 TURBO 2.4
post #141 of 155 (permalink) Old 04-07-2016, 04:26 PM

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Quoted: 858 Post(s)
Garage
I was told just the opposite, slowed down in the winter months because no one drove their cars east of the Rockies, north of Portland.

Last edited by Robotech; 04-07-2016 at 06:04 PM.
post #142 of 155 (permalink) Old 04-07-2016, 09:48 PM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 474 Post(s)
Nice Car
post #143 of 155 (permalink) Old 04-08-2016, 10:00 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by skersfan View Post
I was told just the opposite, slowed down in the winter months because no one drove their cars east of the Rockies, north of Portland.
MOST people don't. There are those of us who enjoy our Skys in any weather, temperature or geographical location.

post #144 of 155 (permalink) Old 04-08-2016, 11:09 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
There is a link to the Classifieds in the top bar, but it's in the "Tools" drop menu. If you are just looking for a quick way to get to the Classifieds that should do it for you. But if you think it's necessary, we can try and have it added to the top red bar.

I'll see what we can do about adding the Classic Skin back to the site. Case #1913521

Kevin
post #145 of 155 (permalink) Old 04-08-2016, 01:42 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
I would like to take a moment and remind everyone that you must be a supporting vendor to advertise in the Forum. To become an advertising sponsor, click below:

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum - Advertise

V.A.L. (#1108)
2007 2.4 Base
**Sold**

Max (#1547)
2007 TURBO 2.4
post #146 of 155 (permalink) Old 04-08-2016, 06:35 PM

Garage
Ken,

Any chance of having the active or new posts threads have a day, two days, 5 days, one week and two weeks. It made it easy to track threads that you were interested. The Solstice site has it, but moved from active to New posts. Either one would be great. I truly miss it.
post #147 of 155 (permalink) Old 04-10-2016, 04:48 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Quote:
Ken,

Any chance of having the active or new posts threads have a day, two days, 5 days, one week and two weeks. It made it easy to track threads that you were interested. The Solstice site has it, but moved from active to New posts. Either one would be great. I truly miss it.
Yup, I will put in a ticket to have it added here also.

Case #1915832 .

Jeff M
post #148 of 155 (permalink) Old 04-10-2016, 06:25 PM

Garage
Thanks Jeff!
post #149 of 155 (permalink) Old 04-11-2016, 12:28 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Quote:
Ken,

Updated - enjoy...

Jeff M
post #150 of 155 (permalink) Old 04-11-2016, 01:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Garage
Oops! If I click on "new posts" I get Skyroadster, but if I click on "last day", it switches me to Solsticeforum. I tried it several times.

07 Sky
2.4L NA
5 speed
Limited slip differential
Chrome wheels
Premium trim package
Monsoon audio
AM/FM/XM/CD changer

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Help & Feedback > Skyroadster AutoGuide Forum Support / Help

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in