Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Sky will be on show this weekend in Orlando, Florida
Those of us that can make it should go. I can't wait,.. I love this car!:cool:
Also, we should meet each other there,... Anybody that's going let me know by Posting, just so others know who's going. Also, message me with your contact info, I will be going Saturday & Sunday. The dates and times are listed below.

::Call for Directions::

-Friday Nov. 18th from 11am-1pm - Saturn Of Orlando Osceola

2184 E Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy
Kissimmee, FL 34744
PH: (407) 933-1700

-Saturday Nov. 19th from 12pm-2pm - Saturn of Orlando South (Near Florida Mall)
8620 S Orange Blossom Trl
Orlando, FL 32809
PH: (407) 438-2020

-Sunday Nov. 20th from 3pm-5pm - Saturn of Orlando North
2725 US Hwy 17-92 S
Casselberry, FL 32707
PH: (407) 767-2022

·
Registered
250 Posts
I'm going to try my darndest to be there.

w/ or w/out the fam :)

but I could squeeze in an oil change.. it's due :)

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I don't know what color they will be showing, But you can call and talk to the store managers. They will know if anyone would... Also, I assume it will be the same car that they just transfer to the three dealerships on those particular days, so the color will most likely be the same.

Oh and also, Every Saturday at Saturn of Orlando South on O.B.T..
I'f you own a Saturn,.. any model year... You always get a free carwash, detail and vacuum till 3pm, even if you didn't buy it from that location.
You should pay me for that info,.. a free carwash with no catch?:willy:

·
Registered
432 Posts
I am not in the Orlando area, but thanks, Here in West Palm Beach is suppose to be at the dealership on Nov the 29th, I am hopping is a Chile Pepper Red to see how it looks vs the aggressive Solstice.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Does anyone know if we will be able to sit in this car? I will be going tomorrow to look at it and on Saturday with my girlfriend and would like to be able to actually sit in it. The looks and the ability to fit in the car are two big determining factors as to whether I will by one or not.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WPG said:
Does anyone know if we will be able to sit in this car? I will be going tomorrow to look at it and on Saturday with my girlfriend and would like to be able to actually sit in it. The looks and the ability to fit in the car are two big determining factors as to whether I will by one or not.
I don't know if anyone can sit in the car. But, I do know that the Store Manager of Saturn of Orlando South, Big Mike, said he fits really comfortably and he's around 6' 4" and husky. Were buds, so He tells me it's comfortable with plenty of room, I believe him.

Also,.. Im gonna be there Saturday as well, So I'll say hi. I'm trying to get other people in Orlando to go from SkyRoadster.com

We'll see who makes it.
:)

·
Registered
62 Posts
The car will be for "viewing purposes" only said the dealer. I will not be able to see the car at any dealer showings this weekend. However, the car will be at the Motor Trend auto show in Orlando next weekend, which I will be attending. It will again be there for viewing only. Anyone in Orlando planning on a mallett sky? please let me know - I want to see that car in person and see how the fit and finish is before I think about dumping that much money on it. but I'm drooling over a LS2 sky.

·
Registered
82 Posts
geerhed said:
The car will be for "viewing purposes" only said the dealer. I will not be able to see the car at any dealer showings this weekend. However, the car will be at the Motor Trend auto show in Orlando next weekend, which I will be attending. It will again be there for viewing only. Anyone in Orlando planning on a mallett sky? please let me know - I want to see that car in person and see how the fit and finish is before I think about dumping that much money on it. but I'm drooling over a LS2 sky.
Don't wait too long. Mallett has already reached his limit of 100 Solstices and is not taking any more orders for them. Just a heads up. He now has done some trackwork with the SOL and he says it's faster than the Vette under poor conditions. So hold on, but maybe not too long! Some times are available on the Solstice forum posted by member Trepfan incase he didn't mention it here (but I'm sure he did, in case you missed it.) :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
geerhed said:
Anyone in Orlando planning on a mallett sky?
I am considering one but will not make a definite decision until after I have driven the stock car first.

Seeing the car in person has solidified my decision to purchase one. Now I just have to sit back and wait to see what will be the quickest route of getting one.

·
Registered
62 Posts
if I decide on the LS2 sky it will be done in my garage. $18-20k is rediculous for an engine and misc parts - a mallett car will never be worth the cost to build one through him.

- but I dont want to be the guinea pig in orlando. I sent mallett an email asking if he would have conversion kits available.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
geerhed said:
if I decide on the LS2 sky it will be done in my garage. $18-20k is rediculous for an engine and misc parts - a mallett car will never be worth the cost to build one through him.

- but I dont want to be the guinea pig in orlando. I sent mallett an email asking if he would have conversion kits available.
2 more companies are doing the V8 conversion:

1- ssbrakes.com - featured at the SEMA auto show had a hot solstice there.
2- another company mentioned on this site that escapes me right now.

But the fact that there's more than just Mallet working on them makes for some price competition.

I'll just get it where I can for the least expensive price, so they have to waver.

·
Registered
62 Posts
competition is good!!

went to the saturn dealer in casselberry yesterday to see the sky in person for the first time. looked just like all the pix on this forum!! haha :D but one thing stood out on the car.. the height of the rear deck - its much taller than I expected. it would be interesting to see the mx-5 side by side with the sky. here are a couple shots I took.. I thought the car would have the red insert interior.. but it was all black.

Attachments

·
Registered
250 Posts
Slade said:
2 more companies are doing the V8 conversion:
1- ssbrakes.com - featured at the SEMA auto show had a hot solstice there.
2- another company mentioned on this site that escapes me right now.
If you look on the website the ssbrakes company solstice had it's V8 conversion done by mallet ..

Compentition dwindling.. must find.. more .. money. :)

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
sky_vue said:
If you look on the website the ssbrakes company solstice had it's V8 conversion done by mallet ..

Compentition dwindling.. must find.. more .. money. :)
HAHA!! OMG,.. :willy:
That sucks,... but that was a funny way to put that.:lol:
Hopefully Competition won't Dwindle:cool:

I found the Thread which mentions a potential company to do a conversion on here:
http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1346&highlight=400hp

This is what they said:
radtech said:
Today I received an email from Motorsport Technologies about the Sky/Solstice.

Here is what they said:

MTI has been contemplating this idea for some time now. The Sky and Solstice are both exciting new vehicles but very underpowered. We hope to bring our tried and true 427 V8's into that market but we do not know for sure as of yet. Both cars are a bargain and we hope to offer 550 - 600+ HP normally aspirated engine conversions for them. If we choose to pursue this avenue you will definitely know either through the internet or popular magazine publications.

Thank you -

MTI

http://www.motorsporttech.com/

·
Registered
110 Posts
"the height of the rear deck - its much taller than I expected. it would be interesting to see the mx-5 side by side with the sky."
The car rags sometimes brag about how Mazda shaved the weight
off their car - they never seem to notice, however, that the Miata
is a sardine can. Anyone over 6 foot 1 really can't fit in that car. I'm
6'2" and every joint in my body is bent when I ride in my neighbor's
Miata.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
kingarthur said:
"the height of the rear deck - its much taller than I expected. it would be interesting to see the mx-5 side by side with the sky."
The car rags sometimes brag about how Mazda shaved the weight
off their car - they never seem to notice, however, that the Miata
is a sardine can. Anyone over 6 foot 1 really can't fit in that car. I'm
6'2" and every joint in my body is bent when I ride in my neighbor's
Miata.
sUCH A GOOD POINT

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
geerhed said:
competition is good!!

went to the saturn dealer in casselberry yesterday to see the sky in person for the first time. looked just like all the pix on this forum!! haha :D but one thing stood out on the car.. the height of the rear deck - its much taller than I expected. it would be interesting to see the mx-5 side by side with the sky. here are a couple shots I took.. I thought the car would have the red insert interior.. but it was all black.
I had the chance to see a Kappa (read Solstice) net to a Miata in Monterey. The Solsitce made the Miata look like a toy. It sat much taller and wider - at least the way they were parked. A little "marketing parking" was invloved by putting the mx-5 deeper in its slot and the Sol out farther but, from my perspective, the Kappa rocked!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Red VS. burgundy

Now of those who saw the red interior and have excellent color definition,is the interior red or burgundy. I sure don't want red with my chillie pepper!
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
750 Posts
You mean after the dissapointment

You mean after the dissapointment that was the tampa international auto show. Man I couldn't believe I paid 18 bucks for me and a friend to go to that and they didn't even have the car pictured on the ticket I bought. That picture was of the sky btw. you better believe I'll be there in orlando on saturday. :willy: I'll be sitting by the car for the 2 hours that it'll be there for... anyways. Can't wait to see it, if it looks anything like the solstice did in person i would be thrilled.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts