Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious to know if anyone that's had a redline delivered has checked their time for 0 - 60 mph?? Is it close to GM's claim of 5.5 seconds?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Seems like alot of people have these obsessions with timings etc. Me, I can't worry about such things. I want a car that looks good, rides good and feels good. Anything else is just gravy. :thumbs:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Does it go 0-60 YES!
Close enough

·
Registered
145 Posts
Touche. My phoilosophy with driving truly beautiful cars or having a gorgeous woman on your arm has always been, go by as slowly as possible so everyone can get a good look. :D

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Curious to know if anyone that's had a redline delivered has checked their time for 0 - 60 mph?? Is it close to GM's claim of 5.5 seconds?
you might want to post your question over on the SOL forum, they are much more performance oriented and the GXP times should be the same for the RL.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your input. Sorry, guess I should have posted this in a thread started by SOLTINO on 9/12: "Saturn claims 0-60 in 4.9 seconds". Seemed to be a lot of speculation on this topic. 36 replies. Thought if someone had a stopwatch the issue could be resolved.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Sorry hangman I just don't think Quick is as important as it use to be. The SKY looks good, if you go too fast people wiil not see you.....Are you trying to compensate for something?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Sorry hangman I just don't think Quick is as important as it use to be. The SKY looks good, if you go too fast people wiil not see you.....Are you trying to compensate for something?
Are you serious?! Why would you buy a Redline if you don't care about performance? Are you honestly asking on a CAR forum if someone's trying to 'compensate' for something by being interested in the performance of their automobile? What's wrong with you? Are you trying to compensate for something by trolling?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm not buying a RL so "people can see me"! My intent is to buy a performance roadster for my own enjoyment. The 0-60 question was meant to put the issue to bed since some members were quoting magazine articles and claims by Saturn and GM.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Are you serious?! Why would you buy a Redline if you don't care about performance? Are you honestly asking on a CAR forum if someone's trying to 'compensate' for something by being interested in the performance of their automobile? What's wrong with you? Are you trying to compensate for something by trolling?

:agree: :agree:

its like a few months ago when everyone was razzing me for wanting to mod due to the lack of HP of the base sky (in my opinion)

why would you want more HP? Isn't 177 enough??... blah blah blah..

next thing I know, those same people are drooling over 260hp RL's.... go figure.

now I look for performance related input over on the sol forum. Pontiac- "the performance division" of GM. seems true.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Back off INWO . Maverick is not a troll and neither am I . As you get older young man you will find that slower will get you there just as fast and still have some breath left......Skip...Watch who you call a troll....:) :)

·
Registered
692 Posts
Back off INWO . Maverick is not a troll and neither am I . As you get older young man you will find that slower will get you there just as fast and still have some breath left......Skip...Watch who you call a troll....:) :)
:agree: Well said, She's got plenty of power when I need it and besides, on the windy road corners 35-45 is still 35-45 whether you carry 177HP or 500HP:lol:
I just got in from a superior drive at the edge of Yosimite and through Sonora Ca today with my wife, I found no small number of drooling looks and took the corners like the smoothest of sailors.:D
Imaged 23/06/06
KGKH3X
BUILD WEEK! 31JUL06 – 06AUG06
4200 Shipped 8/14/06
AT THE DEALERSHIP 8/30/06
IN MY GARAGE 8/31/06
VIN#8059/Midnight Blue/Tan Leather/Tan Top/Manual/LSD/6 Disc Monsoon/Chromed 18 in Chome/Windscreen/Wheel locks/CAI/Splash Gaurds

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
granted the redline and Z06 'vette are COMPLETELY different cars, they're both similar in the fact that they're performance models of an existing base model. They practically look the same (the Z06 is more distinguished from base than Redline from Base). So why would someone pay more for a car that basically looks the same and will turn the same number of heads as its cheaper and more available base model?

Performance orientation. Some people are just fine with their vehicle as stock. Some aren't. Agree to disagree. That's all. You can argue about...."when do you honestly need to go 0-60 in 5.5 sec?" but how about........"why do you drive a truck/suv if you don't use the truck for work, or SUV in offroad situations?"

Each vehicle has it's own purpose, whether it be performance, work, economical, people movers, etc. Using that car for it's meant purpose isn't something to be looked down upon. Some people do infact plan on racing with the Sky, a legitimate reason to ask the question "what's it's true tested 0-60?"

I'm not bashing or flaming, just stating that because someone wants to drive their fast car fast, it's not a bad thing. That's why they bought it.

·
Registered
166 Posts
When someone goes into a thread that inquires about whether the 0-60 times of a car have been measured yet and says "are you trying to compensate for something" in an accusatory manner that is blatantly trolling for a negative response. It didn't contribute to the thread at all to say in less words "although I understand you are inquiring about a fact I choose instead to imply you are lacking in the personal department because you have chosen to inquire about such a fact." It was needlessly hostile.

I don't see what a discussion about whether or not someone "should" go 0-60 in 5.5 seconds or whatever GM's current number might be relates to the discussion at all.

If we all RESPECT one another and realize that just because you may not want to go fast in a safe and controlled environment such as a race track others may actually want to do as much. Insulting someone for wanting to use their car in a different manner than you is just plain not nice.

·
Registered
195 Posts
If we all RESPECT one another and realize that just because you may not want to go fast in a safe and controlled environment such as a race track others may actually want to do as much. Insulting someone for wanting to use their car in a different manner than you is just plain not nice.
:agree:

Not everyone will be using the car as a daily driver or a show car. Some of us are performance drivers. Part of what we use the car for involves the extreme envelope of the cars design capabilities, therefore 0 to 60 is one catagory of many that allows us to compare to other cars performance. :cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
482 Posts
Hangman, I just wanted to say I'm sorry for my comment, it was out of line. I agree this is a performance forum. It woun't happen again.......Maverick is not trying to cause trouble.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Hangman, I just wanted to say I'm sorry for my comment, it was out of line. I agree this is a performance forum. It woun't happen again.......Maverick is not trying to cause trouble.
that goes for me too. sorry if I contributed to a sour note.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Accepted. Thanks. My initial reaction would have banned me forever. I've actually been criticised for driving too cautiously by friends who like to tear up the streets. Really, my question was just out of curiousity.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Now iffen yall start kissin an have group hugs, don't be atellin noone....Skip...El supreme *******:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
If my plans will let me, I plan to with the Saturn Tech's & the Service Manager to their weekly foray at the 1/8 mile strip here. Will get get you some chrondike times. I am very fortunate to have the whole service department racing with me, great bunch of guys!!!! Will help me get the most out of Mayhem, if I learn any tweaks, I will post to you guys.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts