Saturn Sky Forum banner

Which of the following issues have you had?

• I have had repair work done to electronics (ecm/wiring or radio)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have had a shock/strut replaced

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There is a similar poll over at the Solstice site for the 06 Solstice and I thought it would be interesting to see how the two cars compare. If you have an issue that is not indicated just add it to your reply here along with what was done to fix it. Please also indicate your present mileage on your post. Thanks.

06 Solstice Quality Benchmark Poll Link:
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=392

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
SKIPSKY milage is 3087 No problems ....Skip...now if the rest of my life was the same answer....:lol:

·
Registered
351 Posts
Door Sill Plate - back ordered
Cup Holder- back ordered
Alignment problems - Reset toe to center steering, reset front and rear toe both sides

Scuff mark on the drivers door panel - not repaired

The following items they considered normal as compared to another car???

Engine stuttering with A/C on while cold.
Rear end clunk
Rattle and wind noise coming from rear glass area
Poor fit on the drivers side door panel - In all fairness they may have looked in the wrong area.

approximately 1000 mi

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
Now at 3039 miles, and I've had the following issues:

• Base of the roof pillar didn't sit right, fixed.
  • Roof leaked, fixed (twice, but good now).
  • Car delivered with a spot that had no paint, fixed.
  • Front wheel wells misaligned, being fixed at first service.

Unfortunately, JD Power sent a much more important and thorough survey to me last week. I've always had horrendous luck with cars, so the problems above, while crappy, barely even fazed me. After all, I've replaced a transmission on a Camry that had 38,000 miles. When reported as part of a random sampling for the initial quality survey, though, my issues will be magnified and have the unfortunate effect of dragging down the rankings. I did give great marks for problem resolution, though- and they were well deserved.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Just over a month into owning and 1300 miles nothing to report - just lots of fun!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Driver's side door handle problem is all I've had so far --- they reattached ---- Mileage at 3,900

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Directional vent handle, pass side, broken at delivery. Part ordered and replaced. No other issues - well besides having to park it for the night.

:D

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Please indicate mileage

Folks; If you have not indicated your mileage in your posts above please edit them and add that info. Because the poll will not allow any updating after you have voted, please add any new issues as they arise to this thread with the mileage that it occurred and what was done to repair it. Thanks :cheers:

·
Registered
196 Posts
Both taillights fogging up. It was raining on my inital test drive (w/68 miles on OD) & both had condensation. New parts are on order. The drivers side light was in when I got my 500mi oil change but it was scratched & broken. They reordered.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I noted a leak in the driveway which appeared to be coming from the rear differential. Took it in and it was determined that the o-ring was allowing a leak. A week later, the same leak, so I took it back in and it was determined that the valve was the trouble--this too was replaced and no problems afterward--however, each part took a week to order and installation was always at least two hours longer than anticipated.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
WDI-SKY said:
I noted a leak in the driveway which appeared to be coming from the rear differential. Took it in and it was determined that the o-ring was allowing a leak. A week later, the same leak, so I took it back in and it was determined that the valve was the trouble--this too was replaced and no problems afterward--however, each part took a week to order and installation was always at least two hours longer than anticipated.
WDI-SKY; When you say o-ring do you mean pinion seal?

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I had to have both of my windows adjusted because they were pinching the rubber seal whenever they were rolled up with the top up. This repair was done within the first 200 miles. I also have an issue with my trunk lid not sitting evenly...one side sits a tad bit higher near the tailight and there is a noticeable gap. Will have it realigned when I bring the car in for the first oil change soon.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts