Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello ‘members, I just recently purchased a Saturn sky redline. And I am upgrading the sound system. This is my first attempt I have some general knowledge in automotive no electrical however, I have previously installed amps and subs in other vehicles. This would be my first with the Saturn sky but I have questions.

I’m thinking of adding an additional sub behind the driver seat firewall panel and I just had some questions. 1# has anyone on the forum ever done this before? I’ve seen a couple picture of it done online but never got A chance to speak with anyone about it so any of information would be appreciated.

More specifically my question is when I go to mount the additional sub behind the driver seat panel will I have to cut the opening for the speaker in the far wall?

·
Super Moderator
11,360 Posts
Welcome. I know there is a very good audio discussion going on in another thread but don't remember the link off hand. I want to say there is another module or the amp behind the driver's seat making a sub installation there a bit harder but I can't say for certain.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
More specifically my question is when I go to mount the additional sub behind the driver seat panel will I have to cut the opening for the speaker in the far wall?
The short answer is yes, the following picture being worth a thousand words.

As Robo said, if you have Monsoon, the amp is in the way, and the metal bulkhead is flat behind the driver seat (whereas the passenger side is recessed for the sub box). You can (it has been done) move the amp and cut a hole in the metal, then fiberglass in a sub box - there's some space behind the panel. But WAY more trouble than it's worth IMO.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts