Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get rid of my OEM Sky hood.
I have the metal powder coated open air vents ready to be installed.

Car Vehicle Grille Hood Automotive lighting

$600 total if you're willing to come pick it up here in Colorado Springs
I hate shipping with a passion.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
I strongly advise against removing the vents in the hood. Any stress on the vents will deform and ripple the chrome rendering them defective, surely not marketable for $100. You will do much better selling the hood and vents together.....unless the vents are already defective and you want to get them off to make the hood look better.

I removed and replaced both chrome vents with new ones because they had minor flaws. I was so very careful, cutting the foam tape with fishing line, and still I rippled the chrome a little. I sold those two used ones real cheap because of it.

·
Premium Member
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I strongly advise against removing the vents in the hood. Any stress on the vents will deform and ripple the chrome rendering them defective, surely not marketable for $100. You will do much better selling the hood and vents together.....unless the vents are already defective and you want to get them off to make the hood look better.

I removed and replaced both chrome vents with new ones because they had minor flaws. I was so very careful, cutting the foam tape with fishing line, and still I rippled the chrome a little. I sold those two used ones real cheap because of it.
$100 for the custom laser cut, powder coated open air vents that I recently paid $135 for, but then decided to get the RK Sport hood, so I never used them.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
$100 for the custom laser cut, powder coated open air vents that I recently paid $135 for, but then decided to get the RK Sport hood, so I never used them.

Ah, I get it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts