Saturn Sky Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Hey mr880, under the front bumper there is a black plastic piece that goes from passenger to driver side. I don't know what it is called but it is the part you hit when you get to close to a curb. Is this piece available? and if so how much and can this be shipped?

"The Sky's The Limit"

·
Registered
196 Posts
Hey mr880, under the front bumper there is a black plastic piece that goes from passenger to driver side. I don't know what it is called but it is the part you hit when you get to close to a curb. Is this piece available? and if so how much and can this be shipped?

"The Sky's The Limit"
Sounds like the air deflector. It aids airflow through the radiator by creating a low pressure area behind it. If it's missing you'll tend to run higher temps at higher speeds.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts

"The Sky's The Limit"
There is a LOT of black plastic full width pieces under the nose of the kappas, extending all the way back to the front axle. Some of them contribute to the dimensional stability of the front bumper cover, others assist in the cooling of the radiator/engine. Air entering through the "grill" area of the bumper cover doesn't ever see the radiator, our cars are bottom feeders for cooling air.

Look closely and you'll see what I mean.

:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
There is a LOT of black plastic full width pieces under the nose of the kappas, extending all the way back to the front axle. Some of them contribute to the dimensional stability of the front bumper cover, others assist in the cooling of the radiator/engine. Air entering through the "grill" area of the bumper cover doesn't ever see the radiator, our cars are bottom feeders for cooling air.

Look closely and you'll see what I mean.

:thumbs:

So Dave, that must mean the Redline, front lower left and right lamp areas, that appear to take in air to the engine ...... really DO NOT. And, correspondingly the same area of a GXP front bumper DOES NOT feed air to the engine. Can we say that? :willy:

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Late Vulture Here...Hello, is the engine bay headliner available?

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
So Dave, that must mean the Redline, front lower left and right lamp areas, that appear to take in air to the engine ...... really DO NOT. And, correspondingly the same area of a GXP front bumper DOES NOT feed air to the engine. Can we say that? :willy:
The "Redline, front lower left and right lamp areas, that appear to take in air to the engine" . . . those are the brake cooling vents, same on the GXP.

Since I only have the base Solstice, that is what I'm talking about, of course, I last actually looked at the air flow many years ago. I "may" be wrong. It has happened before.

:dunno:

41 - 48 of 48 Posts