Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm wishing GM would build this photoshop of the Opel !! Talk about cutting into Corvette sales...:willy:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
i doubt Saab will use the Kappa chassis, as is, it would have to be heavily modified for that body, look at the windshield, too laid back for a Kappa Chassis... Looks more like the Corvette windshield....also the door cutouts are way too different...

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Axel said:
I'm wishing GM would build this photoshop of the Opel !! Talk about cutting into Corvette sales...:willy:

That is right purty

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
from today's Left Lane news:
General Motors has approved production of a new Saab Sonett roadster, according to the latest issue of Road and Track. The Audi TT rival will go on sale in two years as a two-seat convertible, and later as a 2+2 coupe, the magazine said. Sonett will feature a wrap-around windscreen and similar styling to the Saab Aero-X Concept. R&T's report closely matches other recent rumors about the Sonett, which some say will use GM's Kappa platform
http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/07/08/report-saab-sonett-a-go/

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
:lol: Brentil you kill me!:lol:

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
rick112 said:
:lol: Brentil you kill me!:lol:
I've got it stored on my phone and USB memory key just in case I need it, you never know when an auto mag is going to make up some new Kappa platform rumor. :D

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Another one!

Here's another possible new roadster based on the Kappa Platform!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,302 Posts
jdigiant said:
Here's another possible new roadster based on the Kappa Platform!
I would give an arm and a leg for that one!

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Based on what a couple guys at the Solstice convention had to say, there is NO Saab Kappa, and it was a PhotoShop hoax that Road & Track magazine swallowed hook, line, and sinker!!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Axel said:
"possible 2008 Saab roadster (likely based on GM's Kappa platform)."

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/06/27/is-this-the-future-of-saab/#more-3210
I would be suprised, no shocked if SAAB would accept the Kappa structure, at least without some serious re-sizing of the platform for their roadster, IF GM WOULD ALLOW THEM TO HAVE A ROADSTER. :nono:

The platform would have to be larger to allow for a proper folding top, luggage space and a more spacious interior. SAAB would never put up with some of the badly designed interior fitments that we have. Like our cup holders as a for instance.:banghead:

The Solstice and the Sky did what they were intended to do. They created renewed interest in two ho-hum GM franchises. Both generated lots of press, mostly positive, at a time when press for General Motors is some of the worst in the corporation's history. Both are huge sales success and sold out quickly. Both allowed for sometimes spectacular price gougeing at the dealer level and even that created positive press in the long run.:D

The SATURN SKY is probably visually the most exciting new, real world, car of the decade. It's styling is stunningly beautiful and at an afordable price. People are suprised by the price, many guessing it sells for three times that it actually does. And no one believes that the SKY is a SATURN.:eek:

SAAB could certainly use an image enhancement with a visually impactful sports roadster like the SKY. If SAAB were to get the go ahead to build it, you could bet it would a lot better thought out than the Solstice or Sky.:thumbs:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts