Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 10, How Would You Score The Solstice?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First let me say that this is all just in good fun. All I am looking for is a number, so don't take it too seriously. I am not bashing either car, and I will ask that no one else does on this thread either. If you feel this kind of thread is pointless, then just don't vote.

Okay, the "selling your Sky for Solstice" thread here (and the selling your Solstice for Sky thread there) has proven the point that almost all parties lean one way. It has also proven that some folks vote on opposite polls just to cause trouble. So this poll is help get a better idea of where folks really stand. Once done posting this thread here, I will post the opposite thread on the Solstice forum, and link the 2.

Assuming most people here think the Sky is top dog, and to help prevent Solstice forum folks with tampering with the votes here, I am going to only give the Sky a 10. The Solstice will be ranked 1 - 10. I'm doing it this way in hopes that Solstice folks won't bother to vote here because they will have to give the Sky a 10. I will do it exactly the opposite on the Solstice forum poll, so folks here don't do the same. There is a meaning to my madness, so please just play along.

PLEASE ONLY VOTE ON ONE FORUM'S POLL OR THE OTHER, NOT BOTH.
I will make this poll a public version so we can check out if anyone double dipped their chip.

Once I get both up and running I will post a link to the other Forum's poll here:http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19486

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
There are features of the Solstice that I really like. I scored it an 8. I like the way the interior is designed so that drive is isolated from the passanger. It's daring and unique on the outside. It's just not for me.

As for the culture...I wonder if the base price of the Solstice has something to do with it. It's been around longer and it's base price is much lower than the Sky. Perhaps at the lower end it draws a different croud. I'm not knocking them...it's just a different croud thats all.

·
Registered
304 Posts
10 - 8 here. I like the styling & interior of the Sky better. If the Sol didn't have the grilles in the front, would have been 10-9.

·
Super Moderator
11,446 Posts
10-10 for me.

Let's face it, the only way the Solstice can score lower than a 9 would be if there was something more than styling that you don't like about it...but then that would mean the Sky would score lower too since, chances are, it would have the same issues.

I hate to say it but how can you post this and not expect someone with a Sol to get bent about it? After all, the Sky is always getting a 10 and the Sol can get a 1...something not right about that.

Now if the poll was rating the looks of the Sol based on your personal preffernce 1-10 then I can understand it...so long as there is a similar one for the Sky.

Seriously though guys...is it really a mystery that a Sky owner is going to think his Sky is a 10 and must be compared to a Sol? This kind of stuff, joking or not, is just going to make the riff worse you know that, right? If we didn't have hot heads on both sides of the issue I wouldn't care...but apparently there are too many people around both forums that are a bit touchy about this stupid stuff.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
The things I don't like about the Solstice:
  • Single Exhaust (SKY has that problem, too - at least from the factory :thumbs: )
  • Don't like the grill (Yes, it says "Pontiac" but there were other ways to do that)
  • Don't like the "drooping jowls" under the headlights; makes the front look too heavy - my biggest complaint about the car.
  • Don't like the cutout in the side at all; looks like a "gouge" versus the SKY "vent." I do like the Pontiac logo there, but not enough to offset the gouge.
  • Don't like the plastic, swoopy interior. Like the grab handle, but again, not enough to offset the overall negative "swoop" rating.
Discounting the Single Exhaust issue, 10-4 = 6

For the record, my styling complaints about the SKY:

• Don't like the Single Exhaust.
  • I think the chrome bar on the front says "Honda" - it's okay, but it should not evoke a styling cue from another brand. I think the front end would look okay without it.
  • Don't really care for the fake vents on the hood; don't hate 'em, I just don't think they add anything.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
belletire said:
10 - 8 here. I like the styling & interior of the Sky better. If the Sol didn't have the grilles in the front, would have been 10-9.
where would you put the grills then if not on the front?????:lol: :lol: just kidding

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Robotech said:
I hate to say it but how can you post this and not expect someone with a Sol to get bent about it? After all, the Sky is always getting a 10 and the Sol can get a 1...something not right about that.

Now if the poll was rating the looks of the Sol based on your personal preffernce 1-10 then I can understand it...so long as there is a similar one for the Sky.
Well, on the Solstice forum I am only allowed to have 10 choices in my polls, not 20 like here. So to have them on the same poll would have meant switching to a 1-5 system, which I didn't think fit as well.

If I just did the "what do you think about the Solstice 1-10" thing, there would be all kinds of Solstice forum folks over here posting 10's for the Solstice and 1's for the Sky, just to be jerks. On the flip side, all kinds of Sky forum folks would be doing the same in reverse over at the Solstice forum. Sad, but true. So in essence, the polls would be totally useless.

Now I'm not saying the way I've done it is even near perfect either, but it's closer than the other way. The way I see it, less people from the Solstice forum are going to come over here and give false votes because any vote they give gives the Sky a 10. Same goes in reverse. Sky folks aren't going to go to the Solstice forum and give any vote that gives the Solstice a 10. If they want to do that they can do it here, by chosing 10 - 10 as you did, which is cool.

There is a method to my madness, and thanks for taking the time to vote! :)

·
Registered
139 Posts
You know, I think the Solstice looks very cheap. Im not impressed with the grill or the inside of car. I DO like the tail lamps though. SKY'S RULE! :cheers:

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I went with 10-8. There are a couple of styling things that didn't do it for me on the Sol side.

Being able to do a side by side comparison was very helpful - of course it was after I had my SKY but it was still very cool. Both are great cars.

:D

·
Registered
92 Posts
I gave the sol an 8. I sat in the sol first pretty much like it for the most part. But the minute I saw the sky I fell in love!!!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm not voting. I remember some of the flame wars of the MX-5 versus Solstice last year. To see some of the knocks from both sides is disconcerting.

The exteriors vary, but on the inside we're the same.

Its a matter of taste. Some people like steak and some people like lobster.

I look forward to additional cruises in which we have both Solstices and Sky's participating.

One thing I like about the Sky is the red leather option. I would have loved to have a white with red leather car.

:grouphug:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
10-10 for me also..... they each have very ATTRACTIVE features... i am happy with my choice of SKY..... but, i was VERY, very close to parking a SOL in my garage.... SkyBaby-07

1 - 20 of 26 Posts