Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I called this evening and customer service at that number said as of today they can no longer give us any information. They have no way to get into the system for it and you must call your local dealer to find out any more information, like what code your order is at.

Hope this helps us!!! CURRENTLY SITTING ON THE PHONE FOR CANADIAN SERVICE---- Will keep you posted:willy:


Kimberly
ChiliSKy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,547 Posts
That's exactly what they told me this afternoon, too.

I FINALLY extracted an order number from my dealer last Friday and immediately called the 800 line to find out my status... only to get a recorded message that due to bad weather, the center had been closed down for the day :banghead:

A classic case of bad timing :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
I called this morning for my "Tues. update" and was told that they could no longer look the info up for me. This is torture. It took the guy all of 2 minutes to update me last week and I didn't have to worry the dealership. This was a Saturn customer service representative? A specialist? I refuse to call my dealer every week and bug him. I email my salesperson and he usually doesn't even respond.
They should have established some sort of info hotline to update order status for us. A website for order #'s maybe????:banghead:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
I just called 2 minutes ago. The guy was very helpful and went through my details, although there is no new news since last week. I'm still stage 335 (not sure what that means, but I'll try to find out).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
131 Posts
Don't you luv it!

Don't you love it how when you call that number the employee's who even pick up your call & try to answer your customer service questions have no clue. I called there 3 times in the beginning when I first ordered & could not believe how incompetent they were & how unknowledgeable they were about the SKY (knowing it is exciting & to boot the best looking car they have ever produced)!

I even asked if they had one person whom specialized in the details of the SKY & was told I had to hang on while she read an article about the car online to answer my questions. Talk about frustrating, I am sick of all the BS we CDN's are going through & am actually getting so discouraged to wait for this car it's making this experience with Saturn really deter me from purchasing from them again in the future. I cannot understand how at least a manager at the call center cannot provide further information to us as buyers of this newly launched vehicle.

We were good enough to take deposits from without even knowing the damn total cost of the car, yet not good enough for the truth on the details & status of the car. Without my Mum's friend who works for their marketing team rationalizing the situation of the car & explaining that they made an error in launching it way too early I would have filed a letter of complaint months ago, this nonchalant BS is beyond unacceptable.
ChiliSky said:
I called this evening and customer service at that number said as of today they can no longer give us any information. They have no way to get into the system for it and you must call your local dealer to find out any more information, like what code your order is at.

Hope this helps us!!! CURRENTLY SITTING ON THE PHONE FOR CANADIAN SERVICE---- Will keep you posted:willy:


Kimberly
ChiliSKy
 

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
Joined
·
8,861 Posts
Tell ya what.... INCOMPETENCE... is all i can say..... I AM FED UP WITH THE INFO I HAVE BEEN GIVEN...... when i called last week sometime... was told.... MY CAR WASNT EVEN MADE...... OMG.... ENOUGH IS ENOUGH..... then.... found out that the INVOICE WAS AT THE DEALERSHIP... BUT NO CAR........ I AM SERIOUSLY THINKING OF JUST SAYING... FORGET THIS CRAP.. AND FIND SOMETHING ELSE..... I REALLY DONT NEED THE HEADACHE.. AND INCOMPETENT ANNOYANCE OF.... NON-INFORMED .... SO CALLED SPECIALISTS..... sry... rant over.... SkyBaby-07
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
850 Posts
SkyBaby said:
Tell ya what.... INCOMPETENCE... is all i can say..... I AM FED UP WITH THE INFO I HAVE BEEN GIVEN...... when i called last week sometime... was told.... MY CAR WASNT EVEN MADE...... OMG.... ENOUGH IS ENOUGH..... then.... found out that the INVOICE WAS AT THE DEALERSHIP... BUT NO CAR........ I AM SERIOUSLY THINKING OF JUST SAYING... FORGET THIS CRAP.. AND FIND SOMETHING ELSE..... I REALLY DONT NEED THE HEADACHE.. AND INCOMPETENT ANNOYANCE OF.... NON-INFORMED .... SO CALLED SPECIALISTS..... sry... rant over.... SkyBaby-07
SkyBaby, you almost had me there, I even checked to make sure it wasn't April Fools Day again!:lol: Think we are both in the same boat, but at least your invoice is in, I just have the "it should be in anytime" response. Suppose to be here this week, and it is slipping away!:willy: :eek:
 

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
Joined
·
8,861 Posts
TexSon said:
SkyBaby, you almost had me there, I even checked to make sure it wasn't April Fools Day again!:lol: Think we are both in the same boat, but at least your invoice is in, I just have the "it should be in anytime" response. Suppose to be here this week, and it is slipping away!:willy: :eek:
YET... ugh..... NO ONE KNOWS ANYTHING !!!!!!!.... really, i am ready to just give up. SkyBaby-07Well..... at the beginning of last week..... the.... SHOULD BE HERE.. BY FRIDAY.... possibly WEDNESDAY..... and guess what????? NO CAR
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
182 Posts
800 Number Status

Got off the phone at 4 pm today, Tuesday 11 April, and they looked up my status and got the good news that my car is now built.

Sorry others are getting a different story. All he said to me was, "Let's see if I can get in." When he told me it was built I asked if he could find a VIN, he just asked if I could hold for 2 minutes, and he came back on the phone with the VIN.

Good luck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
I don't know how you guys are getting through to check your status. I can't get anyone to tell me anything. They have a "new policy just put in place that won't allow them to track it for me". That's what I was told. Customer Service at it's best:mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,547 Posts
VUETH1S said:
Got off the phone at 4 pm today, Tuesday 11 April, and they looked up my status and got the good news that my car is now built.

Sorry others are getting a different story. All he said to me was, "Let's see if I can get in." When he told me it was built I asked if he could find a VIN, he just asked if I could hold for 2 minutes, and he came back on the phone with the VIN.

Good luck.
5:30 PM EST Tuesday, April 11... I just called the 800 number (again) and got a very helpful lady who advised me (again) that as of Monday, they no longer had access to order status information and that I would have to contact my dealer.

I told her that that is strange because on the skyroadster forum, people keep saying that even as late as 4:00 PM today they were able to get information from the 800 number. I asked her if she had checked to see for herself if she was unable to access the information on her computer and she said, "actually, no, I haven't," and proceeded to try a couple of different ways. She was unable to come up with anything. I guess they have finally terminated the link to the database.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,421 Posts
Yep...I too, tried calling just for kicks...was told by 'Tabitha' that they no longer have access to that information, and would I like to be connected to my dealer. :rolleyes: Oh well...so I called my dealer and my salesman stepped out for a moment...so I am (im)patiently awaiting his callback. :willy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
92 Posts
They are still giving out info as of today and was told that dealers were going to be getting a new system that allowed them to better and more easily track the even code info. Who know what the real story is. Certainly not anyone I have talked to at Saturn.

*Bump*
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,547 Posts
CyaL8r said:
They are still giving out info as of today and was told that dealers were going to be getting a new system that allowed them to better and more easily track the even code info. Who know what the real story is. Certainly not anyone I have talked to at Saturn.

*Bump*
Perhaps you know a different 1-800 number or sequence of keys to press. Each and every time I have called since Monday (including today at 5:40 PM EST), I have been told, by a different person each time, that they no longer have access to that information. Please enlighten us poor information starved slobs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,547 Posts
The GSM at my dealer told me this afternoon that he got the report and that NOTHING has changed in the past month and that all of his orders are "pending." This from a dealer who delivered a car two days ago to a person behind me on the waiting list. It all seems very fishy to me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,298 Posts
From what I understand is that they are converting the saturn system over to the GM system. I was told that they would be down this week and maybe next week while the transfer and training takes place on the new system.
Once the system is in place, the entire code structure we know now (025-030-etc...) will be changed.
so it makes sense that the ppl at that 1800 number can't access anything at the moment. This weeks consolidated report showed the old (saturn)codes but I was warned that they could have stopped updating that system as much as a few weeks ago in preparation of the new system

If that is true, then when the new system comes online, then your sky might be further along than the old codes have indicated. some dealers codes (for skys and non skys) haven't changed in quite some time which is out of the ordinary. I'm sure it has to do with the system switchover.

---apply disclaimer here---
this info is all hearsay and I can't say that I got it from someone "in the know" but it makes sense if you piece what we have all experienced together.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,165 Posts
On the 16th of this month Saturn will be switching "officially" to the GM system 100%. No more "friendly" Saturn System; so y'all hold on to your drawers and let the poor people at your Saturn dealer get used to the new system before you go out badmouthing them. :thumbs: I know for a fact that the managers at the store I work at are very slowly getting used to the new system and the learning curve is going to be pretty steep at first. :eek:

So, patience grasshoppers!!! :cheers:

Regards,

:willy: BA :willy:
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top