Saturn Sky Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2008 base, purchased from original owner at 27,3000 garaged and pampered miles. Red/black
23 Posts
Complete for now. Still missing the dashcam and radar detector and paint correction. Will attempt those in the fall (already got all the supplies).

View attachment 117164

The frame covers were also done in leather with french seams in red.
View attachment 117165

View attachment 117166

View attachment 117167

Leather ebrake handle cover. Seats will be done 2022
View attachment 117168

View attachment 117169

Rebuilt cup holder because you need to
View attachment 117170

Extra storage you absolutely must have to
View attachment 117171

Lemme know what y'all think

👍
Where can I get what is needed for the graphic look on the console? I really want mine to look better, less plasticiky.

·
Administrator
7,904 Posts
I thought MM's comment was a bit unbecoming but it turns out he was right. As an old member of the forum he must have seen it happen many times. The question I am asking myself is... why does it tend to happen?
Most of his comments are "unbecoming", and some are worse.

As for "Why?", I will say that nothing is forever, and priorities as well as situations change.

My impression has generally been that the people who keep their cars longest are those that do not do a lot of major modifications, so we are most likely to see the turnover from those who have made a big splash by changiing their cars. Those who most want to change the cars they have are also more likely to change their cars, since it is the same desire for change that drives both. Or not.

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Most of his comments are "unbecoming", and some are worse.

As for "Why?", I will say that nothing is forever, and priorities as well as situations change.

My impression has generally been that the people who keep their cars longest are those that do not do a lot of major modifications, so we are most likely to see the turnover from those who have made a big splash by changiing their cars. Those who most want to change the cars they have are also more likely to change their cars, since it is the same desire for change that drives both. Or not.
I would agree with this sentiment. I probably fall somewhere in there.
Change is addictive.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I have sold a car after a 2 yr restoration with only 200 miles on it as I was already bored with it. To be fair I had it in storage for more than 10 yrs before starting the restoration. On the other hand, I once owned a '67 Sunbeam Tiger Mk 1A for over 18 yrs and never grew tired of it. I have an '05 SRT 10 Ram I bought new that has 22k miles on it without getting tired of it yet. Sometimes I have spent thousands of dollars on mods on cars that just didn't live up to my expectations resulting in them being sold quickly after the mods.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I have sold a car after a 2 yr restoration with only 200 miles on it as I was already bored with it. To be fair I had it in storage for more than 10 yrs before starting the restoration. On the other hand, I once owned a '67 Sunbeam Tiger Mk 1A for over 18 yrs and never grew tired of it. I have an '05 SRT 10 Ram I bought new that has 22k miles on it without getting tired of it yet. Sometimes I have spent thousands of dollars on mods on cars that just didn't live up to my expectations resulting in them being sold quickly after the mods.
I went through that with a Harley, I did all the mods I ever wanted to do with it, looked and ran great. Then I got bored and traded it for my Sky. Heck, I’ve even done that with our log cabin in the woods. Something about having a vision, the process and challenge.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts