Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted earlier to see if there was intrest in a Gold Country Drive. My wife and I are not very familiar with that area so posting details and an agenda was impossible. If there is intrest in a delta ride my wife and I would be happy to set it up. I'll post the details and wait to see the response. The plan would be to meet at Tower Park at 11:00 a.m.. At 11:30 we would head out of Tower Park and make a run around the Delta Loop. From the loop the we will head to Downtown Isleton then Walnut Grove and Locke using Race Track Rd. From Locke the trip would head back West across Grand Island going by the Grand Island Mansion and Ryde Hotel. From here there will be an option to jump on 2 ferrys (We rode the ferrys last night and they are accessible with the car, but you have to go on and off at an angle or you'll scrape). The trip will end in Rio Vista at Foster's Bighorn. Through the route there will be many opportunities to stop for drinks, food and small shops with some descent twisties throughout. I'm hoping by presenting an organized agenda the intrest will increase. If there are Sol. owners surfing the site they are of course welcome as well. I'll follow up with confirmation of the trip determined by intrest the week before.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
My wife and I have done all or at least most of those roads thru the Delta. Beautiful scenery and it could be a lot of fun. If I can finish up my wedding shoot processing - or at least the first cut or two - the W and I could possibly make it.

Beatiful scenery with so-so roads. By so-so I mean the condition of them. Most of the roads are maintained by the county and they are not high on the priority list for maintainence. BUT, runs thru the delta would suit the SKY to a "T".

List me as 'possible' for 10/22.

:D

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We are still on for the 22nd let me know if your going to make it. We'll stay in the delta if that affects your decision.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Well, the fun never ends. As well as shooting a wedding on Saturday, the folks I'm doing the pics for have asked me - with $ attached - to shoot the opening of the happy couple's gifts at a brunch on Sunday. Hard to turn down relatively easy money.

I really hate to miss the drive with another SKY or two. Maybe later on in November once my schedule settles down.

Sorry

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds good bigdog we'll catch you on the next one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts