Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Vendor
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
10% off ILLUMINATED ETCHED WIND RESTRICTOR for all forum memebers! :thumbs:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For a limited time Wind Restrictor is offering a substantial 10% discount toward the purchase of one of our Illuminated & Etched Wind Restrictors. Not only does our product help to reduce wind turbulence it also adds an amazing and unique look to your fine roadster. Order with custom graphics to personalize your SKY and set yours apart from all others!

Our web site is currently being updated please check back in 48 hours for more details!

You may contact us for more information 469-878-6220

Thank you for your business and may God bless you.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I'm assuming your webpage is http://www.windrestrictor.com/ since it's not in your post.

Based on this assumption, I was looking at your selection and have a question and a comment. (Which could be outdated upon your web update.) Can the custom etching be anything? Please post a picture of an etching with each illumation color choice.

·
Registered
17,336 Posts
I can vouch that his windscreen with LED's is amazing....u should see how it lights up in the evening...and u can choose colors also. The artwork in the etching is super...a real artist

MarlboroMike

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I have an order pending with him too. :thumbs:
He is creating the art work I wanted, will email it to me for approval and I will have it here waiting to install it myself as as I pick up my Red Line. :)
Installation is certainly simple enough.
Mine will be the Saturn logo (minus the word Saturn) and bold slanted Red Line with a bold line under Red Line.
I want "Red" lights. I now have to decide if I want it lite when my running lights are on or just when I apply my brakes. :eek:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Winscreen installation

What's involved with the installation of the custom illuminated windscreens and what's the wait time on one of those orders...now that I'm in wait mode!

Does it have to be dealer installed if your not handy with tools or wiring?

·
Registered
17,336 Posts
it doesn't have to be dealer installed...most of us who have installed it have pics posted...just ask or look for FAQ's from SKYBABY or MarlboroMike...

By the way, I suggest u have it attached to brake lights because during daylight for constant lighting, you cannot see it that well....but in the evening, it is a WOW. Attach to brake light...u won't regret it.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
I also LOVE HIS WORK..... we have tried getting good pics of it.... and lit up... will try again tomorrow night...... not sure what i am doing wrong.....SkyBaby-07

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
I really like the idea of having it hooked up to the brake lights but i have one question about that. How bad does it block the view of your rear view mirror when it is lit up? I'm on the edge of buying one for my dad for his birthday. He is #6 on his dealers list for a redline.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I too can vouch for the etched windscreen. The etching was fantastic. I have been in contact with the vendor several times and he has always been attentive. The screen is nothing short of spectacular when its lit up and now my blue sky gets even more ooooosss and ahhhhhhsss. Buy u wont regret it and ur sky will look so cool.

·
Registered
17,336 Posts
Although most places that tint tell u not to tint plastics...I did it on mine and it adheres well...just thought I would raise the flag if anyone wanted to tint their windscreen...

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
windrestrictor

He supplies all you need, including instructions. I am in the process of ordering mine, but if you go to his website it is easy. Open the rear trunk lid, unscrew four screws, replace with supplied slightly longer screws, slide windscreen in place, tighten screws and connect wires to brake light wires.
And yes after reading the above threads, I will connect mine to the brake lights rather than the running lights.
What a great forum this is! :cheers:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Remove?

Does this one have to be removed when driving with the top up?:confused:

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
NO .. you can leave it in place with top up or down.

He provides clear tabs to prevent it rubbing against rear window.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Make sure you use a wider washer than the one supplied. It spreads out the pressure, otherwise it will crack the screen when tightening. I spoke to Robert from Glowplates/windrestrictor about that and he told me he will add wider washers into the kit.

FYI I hooked mine up to the rear lights and not the break lights. I pondered the decision for a while but both myself and the speed shop that connected it for me thought it was cool enough to keep on all the time. Even my Dealer said it was hot and told me they liked it as is and not just when the brake light is on. LOL Now they want to add them to showroom cars. Of which they have one sitting on the floor.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts