Dengal?
Farscape1
JustMike
Kwayne?
MarlboroMike + Darlene
Soworthit?
Spag
Sue's SKY + Al

At the end of the week...can everyone who is a MAYBE...clarify your position. Steve is trying to find a place for a late lunch and dinner. Thank you. Sue of Sue'SKY, since this is your area of expertise, can u come up with anything?
Updated list

·
Registered
17,407 Posts
I would like to reiterate that you will be able to meet directly at Longwood Gardens if u do not wish to join us for brunch...Of course, we have not determined where to eat or meet or who will be in attendance.

This post is amended...we r eating lunch at Sovana Bistro. Lunch is at 2:00 PM. See post#45

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Sign me up for the whole shooting match :cheers:

·
Premium Member
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #45 (Edited)
Here we go!

Saturday, November 29th...

Late Lunch ~2:00 pm

Sovana Bistro - A Casual Gourmet Experience

(Sorry MMike, this is NOT a buffet!)

After lunch, we will take off on a three mile journey (link) to our destination!

Get Ready for Christmas at Longwood Gardens!!!

URGENT MESSAGE!!!!

REMEMBER TO PURCHASE YOUR TICKET SOON

(unless you are a season's pass holder)

-->https://tickets.longwoodgardens.org/searchEvents.aro?groupid=404489<---

I highly recommend that you purchase your 4:00 pm entrance ticket SOON!!!

-->https://tickets.longwoodgardens.org/searchEvents.aro?groupid=404489<---

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I got mine!

Garden Admissions 11/29/2008 4:00 pm ADULT

Although it seems that their web site has a limit of credit cards expiration dates before 2012 ... could cause some issues if you have a 2013 or later date.

Damm did not see the 4:30!!!! :(

·
Premium Member
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I got mine!

Garden Admissions 11/29/2008 4:00 pm ADULT

Although it seems that their web site has a limit of credit cards expiration dates before 2012 ... could cause some issues if you have a 2013 or later date.

Damm did not see the 4:30!!!! :(
I changed it to 4:00... We should be good - just want to leave lunch in good time to account for possible traffic (even though it is only 3 miles away)!

·
Registered
17,407 Posts
I just purchased my tickets and I will be at the restaurant at 2ish for lunch...anyone want to share one of those special pizza pies with ANCHOVIES...love those little fishies...YUM YUM. I know how Steve loves those anchovies..

Just noticed the writing of Sovana Bistro....a CASUAL gourmet experience...hmmm!
Are we permitted to talk that talk AGAIN?!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
I just purchased my tickets and I will be at the restaurant at 2ish for lunch...anyone want to share one of those special pizza pies with ANCHOVIES...love those little fishies...YUM YUM. I know how Steve loves those anchovies..
Hmm... Don't see any hairy fish on this pizza menu! Thank God! :D

PIZZA MENU:

MARGHERITA
Crushed Tomato, Fresh Mozzarella, Basil

BARNARD ORCHARD PEAR
Pear, Grilled Radicchio, Fontina

PROSCUITTO DI PARMA
Prosciutto, Goat Cheese, Roasted Peppers, Arugula

ARTISANAL PEPPERONI
Artisinal Pepperoni, Just Picked Local Mushrooms, Sliced Shallots, Fire Roasted Tomato Sauce

CHESTER COUNTY PUMPKIN
Roasted Pumpkin, Applewood Smoked Bacon, Gorgonzola, Baby Arugula

LOCAL BROCCOLI
Broccoli, Salami, Local Egg, Peperoncini

·
Premium Member
880 Posts
Sorry

Sorry on two counts -

First Ken sorry for your loss - know that we have you and your family in ours prayers.

Spag - Sorry wish we could make it but I'm already booked to be in Vermont at my cousin's for that weekend. :banghead:

Hope you all have a wonderful time - looking forward seeing many of you on December 6th. :thumbs:

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I will have to take a pass on lunch. My sister and her family from Tennessee will be stopping for a visit at my Mom's place in PA on their weekend travels, so I will be there in PA until my sister and her family have to head out. I can't really say what time that will be.

I wouldn't even know what time to buy a Longwood Gardens admission ticket for, so that decision won't get made until Saturday morning probably. I'll just have to take my chances that I'll be able to get one, I guess.

Well, I'll update someone by phone on Saturday as to what my plans are.

Either way, hope you all have a good time. Maybe I'll catch up with you at some point on saturday! :D

·
Registered
6,169 Posts
Due to the un-forseen events of yesterday we will not be able to attend.... :(

·
Registered
191 Posts
We will not be attending lunch at Sovana Bistro, which by the way, is a very excellent choice! Kudos to Spag for his superior selection.:D I am working up until 3 that day. We will meet you at Longwood at the designated time

·
Premium Member
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
We will not be attending lunch at Sovana Bistro, which by the way, is a very excellent choice! Kudos to Spag for his superior selection.:D I am working up until 3 that day. We will meet you at Longwood at the designated time
Thankya thankya! Did you want us to smuggle any food out for you??

:D

I'm glad that both of you are going to make it! Wouldn't be the same without you!

:thumbs:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Did you want us to smuggle any food out for you??

Hmmmm, sounds Very tempting. How much do you think you can tuck under that Santa Hat of yours??? :lol: We can't wait to see everyone! I just want to say Happy Thanksgiving to everyone and eat to your hearts delight!

Sue

41 - 60 of 144 Posts