Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I just got back from a 12 day trip to Mt Rushmore (from Ohio), 3174 miles in total. Who says you can't pack for a long trip, did laundry once in Keystone where we stayed a couple of nights.

Car was perfect the whole trip. Most comfortable seats that I have ever taken a trip in. Top down about 90% of the time.

A lot of positive comments from people every time we stopped somewhere. Most common "It's a Saturn?"

·
Registered
185 Posts
I want a touring sports car more than say, a peformance sports car for attacking the roads on the weekends. How was the comfort?

What did you love about the car? What didn't you like?

More importantly, where are the pics!!!:willy: :D

Sounds like an awesome trip and it is great to hear that storage room was not a major issue.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First picture is in the Badlands, the other ones are in the Black Hills.

Like I said the seats are great, both Elaine and I commented to each other we never got sore from sitting. With the top down and the windows up even going 80 MPH is comfortable.

The only thing I would like to see, which has been mentioned before, is a place or two to put coins or other small objects that are handy to get at.

Best driving trip I have taken in a car.

Top speed was a short time up to 110 MPH out in "No Where" NE.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
tjfox said:
First picture is in the Badlands, the other ones are in the Black Hills.

Like I said the seats are great, both Elaine and I commented to each other we never got sore from sitting. With the top down and the windows up even going 80 MPH is comfortable.

The only thing I would like to see, which has been mentioned before, is a place or two to put coins or other small objects that are handy to get at.

Best driving trip I have taken in a car.

Top speed was a short time up to 110 MPH out in "No Where" NE.
I've taken to putting coins in the shifter boot.

Sounds like you had a great tour!

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
I tried coins in the shift boot and thought it was a pretty good idea... for a while. Then the vibration of the coins started getting to me. I now keep a bunch of quarters in the little tray at the base of the door.

Found this coin holder and will probably order one some day. It looks like it would fit nicely right in front of the shifter:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...62-9840862?_encoding=UTF8&v=glance&n=15684181

·
Registered
389 Posts
I put my coins in the pocket on the front of the seat. I also have a garage door opener that was on the sun visor in my other car. In the Sky I just hang it on the corner of this pocket and it is in easy reach.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts