Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Friends:
Well, the time has come to start to reinvent the previously planned NASSAM for Rapid City. Here is the basic information:

Dates: June 26-July 1, 2022.
Email: [email protected]
Facebook: 2022 NASSAM Rapid City (26 June - 1 July 2022)

Hope you get to Michigan in just a month or so, if not, maybe we'll see you next year.

Rick and Karen

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I thought it was East -> West -> East -> West? That's straight up north central US.
Typically true, but these days it is more along the lines of where there are volunteers to plan the events. Additionally, we agreed to re-plan Rapid City when it was cancelled for 2020. 2023 likely to be California with 2024 Virginia.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello Friends:
Well, the time has come to start to reinvent the previously planned NASSAM for Rapid City. Here is the basic information:

Dates: June 26-July 1, 2022.
Email: [email protected]
Facebook: 2022 NASSAM Rapid City (26 June - 1 July 2022)

Hope you get to Michigan in just a month or so, if not, maybe we'll see you next year.

Rick and Karen
Sure wish one of the events could be held in the Lone Star state (Texas).

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Our website is up. Event registration will begin October 1, 2021 so there is no page for that right now. The hotel reservation page will be updated shortly with the link for online reservations below. You may call the hotel to reserve a room if you wish at the phone number provided on the website. You may stay three days prior to and after the event at the event rate, but for those changes you must call the hotel.

You will find information for the event now at nassam2022.com.

Hotel Reservations - Once the page loads change your dates and you should get several options. Rapid City Hotels | Best Western Ramkota Hotel | Hotels in Rapid City SD

·
Registered
18,497 Posts
Typically true, but these days it is more along the lines of where there are volunteers to plan the events. Additionally, we agreed to re-plan Rapid City when it was cancelled for 2020. 2023 likely to be California with 2024 Virginia.
2024....Virginia? Can we push it up a bit. I can still drive to the auto train...perhaps. LOL. I will be the OLDEST owner around, ya think? I believe I will be 80. Where is SKIP when u need him. Of course u don't know who Skip is.

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
ON SECOND THOUGHT!
I'm moving to Colorado Springs.
Rapid City is only 7 hours!

LOOKS LIKE YOU'LL BE SEEING ME!!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hello Friends:

Please note that you may now register for NASSAM 2022! This is the same process as was used for the previously postponed NASSAM 2020 which worked well. That said, please read and follow the directions carefully. :)

Event Registration:

Run Sign-Up

And please note, we'll need some volunteers to lead runs and help in the registration room, if you are available please email me at [email protected]. Thanks!

Rick and Karen

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey there folks, well we have our first ten cars signed up for 2022 in Rapid City. Sorry, but there is no prize for that. Registration information is at the links below.

Two things...first, if you'd like to volunteer in the registration room or more importantly as a run captain please email us at [email protected]...second, your receipt from a credit card or PayPal may say NASSAM 2020, please ignore the "2020", there seem to be a few things we just couldn't get the system to change. No wait, three things...the even t-shirts shown on the website are the 2020 design. The 2022 design is the same but with "15th Annual" updated to "17th Annual" and the year will be 2022. We just haven't yet had the opportunity to have samples of the new shirts made yet. Here are the links...

Event Registration: https://www.nassam2022.com/store

Run Sign-Up https://www.nassam2022.com/runs

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, lots going on right now. We have 18 cars signed up with 29 people coming. Runs are also starting to fill up.
Please make sure to register sooner than later. Also, please register for the event prior to requesting spots on the runs. This is a sort of first come, first served kinda thing.

Lastly, don't forget to make hotel reservations. You do not have to stay at the Best Western, a couple of folks will likely be camping and a couple at other local hotels. If you are at the BW with us, remember that if you want to come early or stay late you'll get the room rate, but you must make those reservations by calling the hotel.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Good Morning: Well we have a couple more registrations, up to 27. Hey, someone asked about wildlife along the Custer State Park Run...as I explained we have seen a couple of bison, but you will want to watch out for other friendly creatures along the way. If you want to see herds of bison, you'll want to go on the Custer State Park Scenic drive which is NOT one of our runs, but worth the tour. It is a loop off of our Custer State Park Run, but added too much time for a group of 15 cars.

Rick and Karen

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
Good Morning: Well we have a couple more registrations, up to 27. Hey, someone asked about wildlife along the Custer State Park Run...as I explained we have seen a couple of bison, but you will want to watch out for other friendly creatures along the way. If you want to see herds of bison, you'll want to go on the Custer State Park Scenic drive which is NOT one of our runs, but worth the tour. It is a loop off of our Custer State Park Run, but added too much time for a group of 15 cars.

Rick and Karen
I won't be able to reserve until closer to the event.
When will reservations be closed?
-William

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I won't be able to reserve until closer to the event.
When will reservations be closed?
-William
Let me give you a somewhat complicated answer...

1. If you wish to order t-shirts, posters and/or patches as a part of your registration we need to know by April 1, 2022.
2. We have to turn unused rooms back to the hotel on May 12, 2022.
3. We have to provide final numbers for the social events (Meet and Greet, Ice Cream Social and Banquet) on June 1, 2022.

So please do us a favor and try to get registered by March 1, 2022...there is some planning on our part besides all of the above. :)

Rick and Karen

1 - 15 of 15 Posts