Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the RLs are being built in line with the Base models, so is there any way to know it if the one you get is one of the first 1000 built?:confused: Other than those who all ready have received theres. I woud think if you have your RL delivered before the end of December you probably have a good chcnch of getting one of the 1st 1000.

·
Registered
5 Posts
the last 6 digits of the vin number will tell you where you came off the line should read something like 001000 or lower
max

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Yes when you get your redline it will probably be in the first 1000 redlines ,,,,BUT when the VINS combined you can not say with certainty where your vin is as to redline build. Just where your redline is with all the cars combined...Skip...:)That is also Solstice and Opel and Daewoo together....

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
the last 6 digits of the vin number will tell you where you came off the line should read something like 001000 or lower
max

No, this is a Happy Kappa vin family now. It mixes all Solstice and Sky's and Opels together. If you want to know what number your red line is number 1,000 RL or number 1200 RL there is know way of knowing. You could maybe estimate but you don't know for sure.

Before the shutdown they produced between 100/150 cars. But you can't tell if it's number 99 or 130.

The last 6 digets will only tell you the number of kapp built for 2007.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I know the RLs are being built in line with the Base models, so is there any way to know it if the one you get is one of the first 1000 built?:confused: Other than those who all ready have received theres. I woud think if you have your RL delivered before the end of December you probably have a good chance of getting one of the 1st 1000.
Considering that you are at code 3400 and there have only been 740 allocated so far, I would think you would be in the first 1000.

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think the door only has month and year. But you can find the date somewhere else. But he wants to know if you can tell what number Red Line he will be getting and you can't.

Thanks deluke, thats what I thought. We will just have to guess if we get a 1st 1000. Sky Spy keeps us updated in his constraint reports and I think if you have your RL produced upto his 1000 report you probably will have a 1st 1000 car. Not really a big thing, but some people like to be able to say they have one of newest of a new car line.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
No, this is a Happy Kappa vin family now. It mixes all Solstice and Sky's and Opels together.
Hey Deluke, so the VINs are mixed now? It wasnt like that before though right? Considering a lot of us have very low VIN on our Skys.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Hey Deluke, so the VINs are mixed now? It wasnt like that before though right? Considering a lot of us have very low VIN on our Skys.
Yes. When they switched over to the 2007 Solstice they started mixing the vins. It happened the last week of June. Now Opel and when they start the Daewoo are mixed also.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Thanks deluke, thats what I thought. We will just have to guess if we get a 1st 1000. Sky Spy keeps us updated in his constraint reports and I think if you have your RL produced upto his 1000 report you probably will have a 1st 1000 car. Not really a big thing, but some people like to be able to say they have one of newest of a new car line.
You know that if you don't have a door unlock button your probably in the first 75 to 100 Sky.

·
Registered
232 Posts
No, this is a Happy Kappa vin family now. It mixes all Solstice and Sky's and Opels together. If you want to know what number your red line is number 1,000 RL or number 1200 RL there is know way of knowing. You could maybe estimate but you don't know for sure.

Before the shutdown they produced between 100/150 cars. But you can't tell if it's number 99 or 130.

The last 6 digets will only tell you the number of kapp built for 2007.
Thanks for th info

·
Registered
36 Posts
You know that if you don't have a door unlock button your probably in the first 75 to 100 Sky.
That would be me! Sure would be nice to have this added feature.:driving:

I wonder when I will be back at the dealership for the "Fixes"? :willy:

·
First Picture of Production Red Line
164 Posts
That would be me! Sure would be nice to have this added feature.:driving:

I wonder when I will be back at the dealership for the "Fixes"? :willy:

That would be us too!!..no unlock button....I agree it would be nice...:agree:

It would also be nice to know the exact number of redline produced...but I guess we can now say we are one of the first 100 built...great info to keep with your documents:thumbs: :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Sounds like power door locks won't be coming to early 07s that shipped without it.

Small Dealer @ solsticeforum.com said:
OK, in the 10/20 Pontiac Hot Sheet, they finally told the Sales Department about the switches. Looks like no
retrofit, so Solsticeforum remains the only place to find this procedure!

Solstice Power Door Lock Switches... were recently phased into 2007MY production. Although the Owners
Manual makes reference to this feature, it only applies to vehicles produced after mid-October. Vehicles
produced prior to this time frame cannot be retrofitted with this feature.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Don't you have an unlock button right next to the key that is in the ignition on that FOB thighey hanging from the key ring next to your right hand while you are driving....

·
Registered
745 Posts
Cannot be retrofitted door locks

The expense and inventory costs of having separate wiring harnesses would be substantial.

I would think that after the move was made to go to power doorlocks all the harnesses made after that move were made with the ability to have this option. If you gointo many cars you will see unused plugs around. The easy example is a car that has manual seats but power as a option. Look under the seat of a manual seat you will find plugs for a power seat.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts