Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:banghead: :mad: :brentil: :brentil: :mad: :banghead:

There is a concern for paint damage if the hood is closed while either of the doors is opened half way (to the first stop), the warning says that is possible for the hood, if slammed really hard, to make contact with the door surface and cause paint damage if the door(s) is opened to the first stop. They recommend that the door(s) be all the way open or all the way closed before attempting to close the hood to avoid any paint mishaps!!! :thumbs:

Regards,

:willy: S.D. :willy:

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
ooops, missed that in engineering :lol:

Thanks for the info!

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hope they'll come up with something to correct this!!! :eek:

Regards,

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,569 Posts
Sky Dealer said:

Regards,

How about a

Mario Bros. Goomba!!!

Stick it in the cracks... heck, if Mario and Luigi can squish em down, should fit. :lol: :willy: :jester:

·
Registered
63 Posts
The Sol's have the same problem.
When I picked my car up from the dealer only hours after it came off the truck I noticed that there were spacers on the hood so when it was closed it wouldn't hit the body.
Problem was a day later when we got the car home and offloaded to the garage that I noticed touch up here and there on the hood corners where the hood had flexed and hit anyway. This was from the factory!

Also note to look at your Sky's around the front wheel wells. When the hood is up, look down at the well and see if they had trimmed it to fit inside of the hood?! Many of the first Sol's are hand trimmed and poorly done at that. I had to take a grinder to mine just to clean it up.

Ahhhh, first run cars are a dream aren't they?

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
tweety said:
Even with all the issues I've had with my Sol it's still the most awesome car I've ever owned. These cars are just so much fun to drive and have.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
brentil said:
Even with all the issues I've had with my Sol it's still the most awesome car I've ever owned. These cars are just so much fun to drive and have.
I have to take your word on that. OH were.... OH were.... can my little Sky be.:lol:

·
First Reported SKY Owner!
408 Posts
tweety said:
Why yes they are!! A dream come true:driving:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
NCBlue said:
Why yes they are!! A dream come true:driving:
Hey ! A big congrats to you. You have it right? I'm (we're) Greenwith envy!:thumbs:

Where are your pic's. Can you tell us about her? Please!

·
Registered
10 Posts
tweety said:
Also note to look at your Sky's around the front wheel wells. When the hood is up, look down at the well and see if they had trimmed it to fit inside of the hood?! Many of the first Sol's are hand trimmed and poorly done at that. I had to take a grinder to mine just to clean it up.

Thanks for joining the sky forum tweety. I read some of your posts over in the Sol forum and you are a wealth of knowledge. Please keep them ideas comming.:thumbs:

·
First Reported SKY Owner!
408 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Sky Dealer said:

Regards,

You would have to slam the hood real hard to hit the doors. Just let it fall out of your hands (with doors closed). And yes , the problem has been corrected.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
todaresqSL2 said:
How about a

Mario Bros. Goomba!!!

Stick it in the cracks... heck, if Mario and Luigi can squish em down, should fit. :lol: :willy: :jester:

LOVE THE GOOMBAS...... and mario of course.. BUT, I AM PRINCESS PEACH!!... oopsy.. SHHHH.. dont tell anyone.. SkyBaby-07

1 - 16 of 16 Posts