Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Vendor
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The DDMWorks 2.4L Cold air intake is here! Affordable, looks great and is easy to install! This intake comes with a mandrel bent Polished Aluminum 2.75" intake tube, an AEM dryflow filter and all the hardware required for install.

Available here for $215 -

Cold Air Intake, Pontiac Solstice/Saturn Sky 2006-2009 2.4L Naturally Aspirated Cold Air Intake by DDMWorks

• FITS: 2006-2009 2.4L (Naturally Aspirated) Pontiac Solstice and Saturn Sky
  • Polished Aluminum 2.75" mandrel bent intake tube
  • Power gains of up to 5HP!
  • Black powder coat upgrade available for intake tube
  • AEM Dry flow filter
  • Comes with hardware required for installation

·
Super Moderator
11,355 Posts
Looks good Dave! For a minute when I saw the title I was worried you were going to be announcing a 2.4 intake manifold and I would be required to spend yet more money. LOL

·
Vendor
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks good Dave! For a minute when I saw the title I was worried you were going to be announcing a 2.4 intake manifold and I would be required to spend yet more money. LOL
We have been working on one actually. None of these are the final design below that we are having printed for testing, but kinda shows how much fun it can be to design a good intake manifold with equal flow distribution to each cylinder -

Here is the flow for the stock 2.4L manifold -

Then we started moving stuff around and trying different designs -

This design started us down the path that we found to work really well, this design though still had some issues with #1 cylinder flow -

Of course these are all just CFD models and not 100% accurate, but from what we have learned in the past, they are generally a good indicator of how things will react. The final testing is done with EGT's in each runner of the exhaust to see how close the air flow is actually through the engine. So, no more money right now, but give us a couple months ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts