Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
I for one am pretty disappointed in the Japanese look of the new UMCSC (I call the new one the "Universal Mazda Convertible Sports Car" to keep me from accidentally calling it a "Miata".)

I have no doubt it will be a nice driving car. It does have some nice features, like the roll bars and the z-folding top so you get a finished look without a tonneu cover. But some of the design details, like the fender blisters, bling rear lights and the diving board hood really put me off. Too bad, because I had at least wanted to compare one to the Solstice & Sky before deciding between the 3. Now it is pretty much down to the Solstice & Sky.

Kind of funny, huh? I could be rejecting the "better" sports car on mere looks alone. You would think I would anxiously get the sports car that performs better (whichever car that is, as it is a huge assumption that the UMCSC will perform better than the Solstice and Sky.) But looks are so integral to a sports car, I can't separate them from the performance. Looks don't trump performance, but they run neck and neck.

I guess I would rather have a sports car that is a 9 on looks and 6 on performance than one with a 7 on looks and an 8 on performance.

Kinda nuts, huh?

But then again, that is why I drool over Ferraris.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks are a big part of it but to me it is way more about how it drives. Can't wait to try all of them.

Ren

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Marc NY said:
Not a real deal for a true blue GM fan! :mad:
Actually the NC is a good thing. Because the better the NC is the better GM has to make thier Kappa cars to compete with it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Very True

brentil said:
Actually the NC is a good thing. Because the better the NC is the better GM has to make thier Kappa cars to compete with it.
My hat is off to you
I stand corrected... of course I know that is very true... competition drives a better GM!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I must say, I commend this forum for being civilized.

I'm a Miata owner.

My wife, a loyal Saturn owner, is waiting for the Redline Sky, hence my presence here.

I'm not sold on the NC (NA for 1990-1997, NB for 1999-2005, and NC for the new ones) styling at all. I'll stick with my barn door headlights on the '95, thanks. Over at Miataforum.com, we're pretty much of the same mind that all this competition means that they, be it Mazda, Pontiac, or Saturn, have to make it better and less expensive if they want to beat out the competition.

Frankly, I'm impressed by the Sky, and really enjoyed watching the ep of 'The Apprentice' with the Solstice. Between the two, I'm leaning towards the Sky in the perspective of styling. Lets hope that GM can live up to the expectations, eh?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm also a miata owner (1990), Looking forward to driving a SKY, I have sat in many Solstice here at work, Sky looks edgier,longer not as stubby as the Solstice. Mallet version will get rid of my power to weight concerns. Bout time GM got into the sportcar game.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts