Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Grandpa here again with another question.

This newly purchased Sky base of mine has the following features not working.
- Cruise control is dead.
- Power mirrors are dead.
- The "recirculating air" indicator blinks a few times, then turns off. I assume the cabin air can't recirculate.
- The steering wheel buttons, radio controls, and climate controls, none illuminate at night
- All 3 brake lights don't work, but the tail light bulbs are good because they all work with directional signals and flashers.

I checked the related fuses which are good, but I can't check relays.

The failed systems could be independent of each other of which I will have to research them one at a time. But I wonder if there is a common source for all this trouble. I see there are two or three different body control modules for the car. Could one bad body control module kill all of these systems?

Thanks again for all the help, past and present.

·
Super Moderator
5,085 Posts
If the stop/turn lamps work as turn signals the problem isn't a fuse or a relay. It is probably the Brake Pedal Position Sensor, which is a 3-wire device that provides a 0-5VDC signal to the Body Control Module.

The same connection goes to the CHMSL and the ECM, so the cruise control problem could be related to the brake light problem.

The other possible problem with the cruise control could be related to the SWC buttons not illuminating, since those wires all go through the Inflatable Restraint Coil or "Clockspring" in the steering column.

The mirrors are controlled directly by the switches and no control modules or relays are involved. If Fuse 21 MIR in the Underhood Fuse Block is good, there could either be a problem with the switch or the ground.
The ground for the mirrors is a stud under the center console armrest, next to the hand brake.

Helminc.com has the service manual for the '07 Sky for $350. The owner's manual set from them is unfortunately now out of print.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If the stop/turn lamps work as turn signals the problem isn't a fuse or a relay. It is probably the Brake Pedal Position Sensor, which is a 3-wire device that provides a 0-5VDC signal to the Body Control Module.

The same connection goes to the CHMSL and the ECM, so the cruise control problem could be related to the brake light problem.

The other possible problem with the cruise control could be related to the SWC buttons not illuminating, since those wires all go through the Inflatable Restraint Coil or "Clockspring" in the steering column.

The mirrors are controlled directly by the switches and no control modules or relays are involved. If Fuse 21 MIR in the Underhood Fuse Block is good, there could either be a problem with the switch or the ground.
The ground for the mirrors is a stud under the center console armrest, next to the hand brake.

Helminc.com has the service manual for the '07 Sky for $350. The owner's manual set from them is unfortunately now out of print.
John,

Thank you so much for this information. I now can start diagnosing most sensibly.
Gramps

1 - 3 of 3 Posts