Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got me a copy of the Midyear Update for the SKY. It is so fresh it was just taken out of the heat wrap. It lists all the Standard and Optional features and complete with a fold out in the back with all the exterior color and interior leather/fabric samples. There are no bad colors that Isee, The exterior colors really look great sample panels. Any of them will be eye catchers on the hiway. I still like the Silverpearl it is awesome, but I have to say my second choice the very Bright Chili Pepper Red. Now, can anybody tell me what an RPO code is? Still waiting for an update, MLK holiday pushed the report behind. Hope to know something tomorrow:willy: :D ERNEST :cheers:

·
Registered
102 Posts
regular production option, basically it's a bunch of codes that tell you how a vehicle is optioned out.

·
Registered
357 Posts
If you don't mind me asking, where did you purchase this from? I'd like to get e of these, as I have been collecting SKY related stuff since last February!

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
GMguy74 said:
If you don't mind me asking, where did you purchase this from? I'd like to get e of these, as I have been collecting SKY related stuff since last February!
I didn't purchase it. My GM here at my Saturn dealer gave it to me. It came in today. I guess he had an extra. I also have goteen a picture of the SKY, #722 of 5000 reproduced, and a little device that fits a USB port on your computer and downloads a bunch of SKY pics. 48 pics I think. Build a museum and I will donate them ERNEST:cheers:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Kappa Colors...The same?

Can anyone say for sure that the colors on the Sky are different from the Solstice? What I mean is; Is the Aggressive (Red) Solstice the same color(paint code) as the Chili Red Sky etc., etc., right down through the rest of the available color palettes?

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Chip said:
Can anyone say for sure that the colors on the Sky are different from the Solstice? What I mean is; Is the Aggressive (Red) Solstice the same color(paint code) as the Chili Red Sky etc., etc., right down through the rest of the available color palettes?
Chili Pepper Red: Color
code 74U Dues this help? Got it from the product portfolio, don't know if that what u are looking for. ERNEST:cheers:

·
Registered
727 Posts
Chip said:
I bet that the colors are the same and just named different. Any factory's paint house can only spray so many colors at a time, which would mean they would most likely need to spray mostly the same colors on each car... the paint codes would tell us for certain.

I'll dig up the Sol's paint codes, and maybe Ernest can tell is if they match the codes in his book.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Here are the Solstice's currently available paint codes, colors, and names. The colors are the same paint color with different names. The '07 Sky does list two unique colors, 34U Yellow which has late availability (and probably will be available on Solstice too, based on the LA GXP showcar) and Bluestone, which could end up on the '07 Solstice.

Solstice

41U Black, Mysterious
25U Blue, Deep Metallic
42U Gray, Sly Metallic
38U Green, Envious Metallic
74U Red, Aggressive
67U Silver, Cool Metallic
50U White, Pure

Sky

41U Black, Onyx
25U Blue, Midnight
72U Bluestone
42U Graphite, Silver
38U Green, Forest
74U Red, Chili Pepper
67U Silver, Pearl
50U White, Polar
34U Yellow, Sunburst 179.40 195.00 (Late Availability)

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Midnight Blue - 25U (Same as Solstice Deep)
Sunburst Yellow - 34U
Forest Green - 38U (Same as Solstice Envious)
Black Onyx - 41U (Same as Solstice Mysterious)
Silver Graphite - 42U (Same as Solstice Sly)
Polar White - 50U (Same as Solstice Pure)
Silver Pearl - 67U (Same as Solstice Cool)
Bluestone - 72U
Chili Pepper Red - 74U (Same as Solstice Aggresive)

Source;

Sky - http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/NASApp/domestic/proddesc.jsp?year=2006&regionID=1&divisionID=10&type=0&vehicleID=3728&section=col_trim&page=9&butID=3
Solstice - http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/NASApp/domestic/proddesc.jsp?year=2006&regionID=1&divisionID=7&type=0&vehicleID=2053&section=col_trim&page=9&butID=3

::edit::
me move to slow...

·
Registered
357 Posts
ERNEST, is this like 25 pages long? If so, then I know what you're talking about as my salesman called me two/three weeks ago to let me know it arrived at the dealership (unfortunately, they didn't offer it to me!). And I know about the jumpdrive/flashdrive stick-thingy too... those were given out last summer at some technology-based show where the SKY was on display (surprisingly, the SKY display at the NAIAS uses the same setup as this tech show did). Those are two items I don't have but aware of (neither of them have been put on ebay yet). I have two different SKY posters, a SKY t-shirt, and a SKY umbrella given to me at last year's NYIAS. I figured I might as well collect what I can since I plan to keep this car a LONG time. The stuff will make for a nice display at classic car shows :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
GMguy74 said:
ERNEST, is this like 25 pages long? If so, then I know what you're talking about as my salesman called me two/three weeks ago to let me know it arrived at the dealership (unfortunately, they didn't offer it to me!). And I know about the jumpdrive/flashdrive stick-thingy too... those were given out last summer at some technology-based show where the SKY was on display (surprisingly, the SKY display at the NAIAS uses the same setup as this tech show did). Those are two items I don't have but aware of (neither of them have been put on ebay yet). I have two different SKY posters, a SKY t-shirt, and a SKY umbrella given to me at last year's NYIAS. I figured I might as well collect what I can since I plan to keep this car a LONG time. The stuff will make for a nice display at classic car shows :lol: :lol: :lol:
I think what I got is the Midyear update instructions for the SKY only, and dated Dec 05, the 25 pages you mentioned might be the whole line the order being SKY/VUE/RELAY/ION. ERNEST:cheers: :cheers: :D

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
I'm not sure yet if the Solstice GXP yellow is the same as the Sky, but I think the Solstice yellow is a deaper more orangish yellow then the Sky which is more whiter in color to me.

·
Registered
727 Posts
azote said:
is this true?
darn! they didnt say anything about a delay when I ordered yellow! :s
I pulled the information from Kelley Blue Book, and that is exactly what they had listed for the color. They must have gotten it from Saturn with the rest of the pricing and option information, but that doesn't necessarily mean it is current or accurate.

Maybe one of the dealers will chime in with more information about any color constraints.

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Fformula88 said:
I pulled the information from Kelley Blue Book, and that is exactly what they had listed for the color. They must have gotten it from Saturn with the rest of the pricing and option information, but that doesn't necessarily mean it is current or accurate.

Maybe one of the dealers will chime in with more information about any color constraints.
If it was not available at the time you ordered it would had NOT gone thrugh. :thumbs: There may be limited availability though... :rolleyes:

Regards,

:willy: S.D. :willy:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
azote said:
is this true?
darn! they didnt say anything about a delay when I ordered yellow! :s
No delay -- they tacked on the $195 and it became available. Rumor has it it will be the Redline color.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
No delay -- they tacked on the $195 and it became available. Rumor has it it will be the Redline color.

Wonder why they can't do that with the color bluestone?

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
brentil said:
I'm not sure yet if the Solstice GXP yellow is the same as the Sky, but I think the Solstice yellow is a deaper more orangish yellow then the Sky which is more whiter in color to me.
I agree, looking at the color panel it looks shiney brite, my opinion though, and you know what they say about opinions. . .Ernest:thumbs:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts