Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I, with mixed feelings, am putting my beloved Sky Redline on the market. Black on black interior. All work was done under warranty, although most of it didn't really need to happen.

The Good
Under warranty at Snell Motors in Mankato, MN
Coolant recall done
New rear differential
New rear OEM shocks
Oil changed every 3,000 miles with Mobil-1 synthetic only
Vinyl eyelids and taillight lids, the car honestly should have come with these. Not ricey at all.

The Bad
Airbag light on due to passenger presence module (the thing that can tell when someone's in the passenger seat)
The top is kind of a PITA to put up and down in cold weather
I do not fit in this damn car

Tasteful Mods
GMPP Stage 2 upgrade, with ECU. Done at GM dealership. 290 hp / 340 lb-ft without the other mods
Dejon Powerhouse cold air intake
RK Sport spoiler, paint matched
Shorty antenna (have stocker also)
Custom rotary forged 19x9.5 TSW Nurburgring wheels. This is the ONLY SKY with these wheels on it. They are 21 lbs a wheel, compared with 26 lbs a wheel stock. I also have the OEM wheels. I will knock off $1600 if you for some reason do not want these.
Michelin Pilot Super Sport 275/35R19 tires, 4,000 miles on them. Basically brand new still. These tires grip like hell.

All these mods are recent, besides the GMPP Stage 2 upgrade. I have all stock parts. The car is stored in the winter.

$19,500 $17,500 $15500 $14500 I bought a 2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10. Have a great day!
Adam

·
7,051 Posts
I, with mixed feelings, am putting my beloved Sky Redline on the market.
You give lots of info/detail on the car your selling.
But,
Don't you think the most important number would be the Odometer reading on this car... :)
Good luck! :cheers:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oops! I posted this in a hurry since I'm at work, my apologies. The odometer reads 66,700. I have put 26,000 on in the past two summers, almost all highway miles. The previous owner commuted in it during the summer as well. It runs and drives like brand new.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you. The photos TOTALLY don't do the wheels justice. They're rotary forged and have been CNC machined to fit our cars. I have between $3,000 and $4,000 into the wheels and tires alone, not including the hundreds of hours of research, and that's after discounts for sending me the wrong wheels, having one of my tires get stolen at the store, etc. They save 5 lbs unsprung weight at each wheel, so if you use the unsprung weight reduction x 10 = regular weight reduction rule, it's equivalent of saving around 200 lbs on the car. The difference between the stock wheels and these is incredible.

·
7,051 Posts
Thank you. The photos TOTALLY don't do the wheels justice. They're rotary forged and have been CNC machined to fit our cars. I have between $3,000 and $4,000 into the wheels and tires alone, not including the hundreds of hours of research, and that's after discounts for sending me the wrong wheels, having one of my tires get stolen at the store, etc. They save 5 lbs unsprung weight at each wheel, so if you use the unsprung weight reduction x 10 = regular weight reduction rule, it's equivalent of saving around 200 lbs on the car. The difference between the stock wheels and these is incredible.
Or, Just throw the fat lady out of the passenger seat, that should take care of the unsprung weight calculations.. :D

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Or, Just throw the fat lady out of the passenger seat, that should take care of the unsprung weight calculations.. :D
:D

I am also willing to sell the wheels/tires separately, $1600 firm. They have over 90% tread left, but one wheel has a small scrape on the outer lip. Does not affect balance or performance at all. I think the tires alone were nearing $1400, and the wheels were more.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Yes, it's a 5spd, clutch feels perfect. The spoiler was very recently installed. I should put up a pic of it -- it really adds to the car.

Turns out I had taken a few pics of my cars last weekend.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Price down to $18,500 or $16,900 with the OEM wheels/tires.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Actually posted it for sale on craigslist now for $18,000. $16,400 with OEM wheels/tires.

·
Registered
491 Posts
sans the eyelids (which imho are what i expect to see on souped up civics) that car makes me wish i had money for a 2nd Sky. Very nicely done.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Bump. Car is for sale again. I can never make up my mind. Naus graciously swapped the stock exhaust on the car but it still has all other mods. I have all stock parts. Text or call me at (507) 351-7625 or reply on here. I usually don't answer the phone until evening but I always reply to texts.

·
7,051 Posts
Bump. Car is for sale again. I can never make up my mind. Naus graciously swapped the stock exhaust on the car but it still has all other mods. I have all stock parts. Text or call me at (507) 351-7625 or reply on here. I usually don't answer the phone until evening but I always reply to texts.
Have Barrett-Jackson sell it for you, we need another guessing game going! :D
Of cause MM will say "No big deal, it's economics!" :lol:
Where is MM anyway?

Hiding because he was wrong and is waiting for the dust to blow away....... :lol:

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
Away from here I hope...:D

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
Thankfully Naples is waaaaayyyyy over on the other side of the state....:D

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)