Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I’m amc2 and I’m in Canada, and have my treasured SKY for 5 years after wanting one since it was new. My husband actually bought it for me as a wedding present as it has always been my favorite car.

Hoping one of you with more experience than me will have ideas that can help! My beloved 2007 Sky 5 speed manual with 55,000 KMs was put away for the winter in 2019 (oil/lube/filter/fuel treatment etc etc) i the garage at home and then due to Covid- wasn’t driven, except started last summer, pulled out of the garage, and then put back away for the winter of 2020. I went out today to start it, had to put the batteries on charge to get it started, shifted it to nuetral before starting and i left it to run for about 25 min.

I went to try to put it into gear and it wouldn’t go into any gear at all- clutch pedal is up and felt fine, i pumped it up and down a few times, no joy. When I turned it OFF it WILL go into any gear. After reading through a bunch of old posts for clues, i tried to depress the clutch and start it IN GEAR and the car tried to jump forward (meaning i think the clutch is not really engaging and disengaging right??)

It was fine before i put it away (granted 16 months ago!) and fine when i started and moved it 9 months ago. I’m hoping that maybe its just fluids are low, or something simple (maybe denial though)

Before it have it towed off to the dealer, i was hoping one of you with more experience has some thoughts.

Thanks to any of you that may have thoughts.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Sounds like the clutch disc is stuck or rusted or frozen to the pressure plate. You get in the car put it in 4th gear and get 3 big guys on the front of the car and 3 big guys on the rear . Push the clutch to the floor and have them ROCK the car back and forth. It should free up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like the clutch disc is stuck or rusted or frozen to the pressure plate. You get in the car put it in 4th gear and get 3 big guys on the front of the car and 3 big guys on the rear . Push the clutch to the floor and have them ROCK the car back and forth. It should free up.
You ROCK! Pun intended. Ill give that a try.. now to find 6 big Guys!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts