Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my new 2007 Sky Redline at the dealer yesterday. It had 9 miles on the odometer. I had made arrangements to have it transported home in a enclosed carrier and was stood up the last minute! I had to drive the vehicle home myself and hit some rain on the way. I never use my cars in he rain and I don't think I could get the water spots off the undercarriage and engine without completely disassembling the thing ! So I'm offering it for sale for exactly what I have invested in it. If i don't sell it in a day or two, it's going on ebay for 5k over sticker. I paid the old price before the $1K increase. All the body panels fit perfectly on this car and it has no damage what so ever. Mileage after driving it home from S Florida is now 169.

2007 Sky Red Line Turbo VIN 1G8MG35X47Y109880
Silver pearl/ premium red -black interior
5 speed automatic
chrome wheels
monsoon premium audio

MSRP $30.355
Dealer fee $399
tax, title, reg, battery and tire fees $2052.25
total I paid for car $32,808.25.
My fuel/tolls, expense, etc. picking it up $ 100

Total selling price $32,908.25. I paid cash for this car. no liens on title.

As I said before, if the car doesn't sell in a day or two, it's going on ebay for over sticker.

Richard

http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8187

·
Registered
386 Posts
OK am I not getting something, what does a little rain do to the undercarriage and engine? This car is a blast to drive and you would be willing to wait again? Like I said I don't get it? Sorry!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Some people abuse their cars and put the hammer down during their first ride. Others use their cars in inclement weather. I do neither with my special cars. I have a leased car to use for everyday driving. I could never be happy with a "collector" car that has the engine and underbody splattered up with road wash. I don't have the time or ambition to jack the car up, crawl under it, remove the wheels and do what ever else it would take to get the car back to white glove concours condition. That's just me. If Red Lines are in such demand, I should have no problem selling it. I just figured I'd give first shot to a member of this board. Monday it will be listed on ebay or auto trader, where I will expect to make a profit on it.

Richard

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK am I not getting something, what does a little rain do to the undercarriage and engine? This car is a blast to drive and you would be willing to wait again? Like I said I don't get it? Sorry!
I have my other Sky, the standard model, which, to be honest, I like a lot more than the Red Line !!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Some people abuse their cars and put the hammer down during their first ride. Others use their cars in inclement weather. I do neither with my special cars. I have a leased car to use for everyday driving. I could never be happy with a "collector" car that has the engine and underbody splattered up with road wash. I don't have the time or ambition to jack the car up, crawl under it, remove the wheels and do what ever else it would take to get the car back to white glove concours condition. That's just me. If Red Lines are in such demand, I should have no problem selling it. I just figured I'd give first shot to a member of this board. Monday it will be listed on ebay or auto trader, where I will expect to make a profit on it.

Richard
IF you dont have the ambition to jack up a car? why do you even own one? The humity will do more damage than rain! your thought process is wack.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Maybe he is kidding. But some people just want things the way they want them. To each his own. Maybe they'll sell em in a box with a plexiglass window...like a big boy version of a boxed-up matchbox car.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Yep! If I had a spare 35k lying around..(.and I looked, I do not, :lol: :lol: ) It would be varrroooom, gone! SOLD!
See I wouldn't never pay 32,800 then have to pay sales tax on top of that. Sorry just me. I would rather wait and get exactly what I want and pay 30,000.00 with all sales tax. But people with enough of money will I'm sure pay that price.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I guess he planned to keep it as a collector car and not drive it.

Just think what a stock 60s muscle car would be worth if you kept it garaged and out of the rain for 40 years.

Wish I could've done that with a 1971 Cuda!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
See I wouldn't never pay 32,800 then have to pay sales tax on top of that. Sorry just me. I would rather wait and get exactly what I want and pay 30,000.00 with all sales tax. But people with enough of money will I'm sure pay that price.
Pretty hard if not impossible to get one for that amount of money. The current sticker for the one I have (with the price increase) on a new order is $31,355 before any tax or fees.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
IF you dont have the ambition to jack up a car? why do you even own one? The humity will do more damage than rain! your thought process is wack.

I keep my cars in an air conditioned garage and carefully choose the weather I'll drive them in. Yesterday dodging trucks in the rain on the FL Turnpike and Rt 95 was not one of them, especially when trying to break in a new engine correctly.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm not knocking anyone elses opinion of his Red Line, but as somone who "also" owns one of each, my opinion is it is vastly over rated...I'll take my basic Sky over it any time, especially if dual exhausts were added to it.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I keep my cars in an air conditioned garage and carefully choose the weather I'll drive them in. Yesterday dodging trucks in the rain on the FL Turnpike and Rt 95 was not one of them, especially when trying to break in a new engine correctly.
I understand. A collector ! Neato. Sorry it got gutterwashed. I like my basic Sky too, but I wouldn't be able to choose whether I drive in the rain or not. :cool:

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
way2fast I am just not buying your reasoning/excuse for selling the car, anyone who is so phobic they are going to get rid of a car they waited months for because a little rain got on it would never have even picked it up if there was any chance of rain:confused:

·
First Picture of Production Red Line
164 Posts
Just a thought,

Maybe your dealer will buy it back from you?...Gosh, they'll probably welcome you back with open arms:thumbs: ..Could even give you your money back maybe even your taxes?...if not..check with another dealership...if you just want your money back and not interested in making a profit...that is....it will probably your best bet... ..certainly will save you on final ebay fees. :rolleyes: Hope this helps...

1 - 20 of 85 Posts