Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I think it is finally time for me to pass the Sky on to another owner. Priorities are changing and we're slowly preparing for a major international move. While my original plan was the bring the car with us it's looking like it would be an exceptionally costly endeavor. It will be very hard to pass it on but it would make me happy to see it go to a good home.

If you are interested in buying a genuine Saturn Sky (not Opel GT) that is already on this side of the ocean, please let me know. The car will almost certainly require the lights to be converted for European standards, but depending on your country, maybe not. I've had it registered under a loophole for the past years that has enabled me to continuously defer converting them...but it's unlikely you would be able to do the same. We can discuss this if someone is interested.

Certainly you can look back at my old posts to see photos of the car and read all about it, but in short summary:

2007 Saturn Sky Redline Manual Transmission, Bluestone/Tan Interior and Roof, ~95,000 km.
Includes the Trifecta tune, DDMWorks braces, auto dimming mirror, Corvette Grand Sport alcantara steering wheel and shift boot, DDMWorks short throw shifter and polished shift knob. I have all of the originals parts which I'll include with the car if you'd like to return it to stock condition.

Given the circumstances of the sale, I'm open to reasonable offers--please contact me if you're interested.

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump. Would like to see the car go to someone who will love and look after it. Would be happy to get 10.000€ for it.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Car comes with everything shown in the attached photos (except the Pioneer 80PRS--I will reinstall the stock radio), and an additional set of (used) chrome wheels that I bought but never used.

Also, if someone in the states is interested, I can easily arrange to shipping the car back. The car is still fully road legal for the US and I have the original Texas title. It would cost around $1,500 to ship it to a major port on the east cost.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,115 Posts
Someone is going to get a good deal.

The caster gauge sells new for almost $1,000, and the manuals are up to $335.

I don't need a third Sky, but the dog looks pretty cool!

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Someone is going to get a good deal.
I hope so, everything separately is worth more I'm sure but I would like to turn it all over to a new caring owner. I have it priced thousands lower than similar Opel GT's as the new owner would need to bring the lights into full compliance (I actually understand you can pay for a specific exemption the rear tail lights, at least in Germany) and pay in the import levy and VAT--but even after that, it's a good deal in my opinion.

If I were to bring it into full compliance and tax status myself, I would ask quite a bit more for the just the car on its own.

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Car (and related goodies) are still for sale. I can arrange shipping of the car back to the US someone is interested in bringing it back to its home.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It looks like the car has found a new home--the new owner comes to collect it next Thursday. Very bittersweet--I really do still love this car but it just doesn't make sense for us to own it anymore, and the logistics of shipping it to New Zealand, registering it there, and then keeping it on the road are just too much for a car that we hardly use anymore.

There is no doubt I will look back fondly on the memories with this car, I already miss it and it's not even gone yet!

·
Super Moderator
6,115 Posts
It looks like the car has found a new home--the new owner comes to collect it next Thursday. Very bittersweet--I really do still love this car but it just doesn't make sense for us to own it anymore, and the logistics of shipping it to New Zealand, registering it there, and then keeping it on the road are just too much for a car that we hardly use anymore.

There is no doubt I will look back fondly on the memories with this car, I already miss it and it's not even gone yet!
Glad you found a buyer, but sorry you had to part with it. What did you do about the taillights? Or is that the new owner's headache?

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Glad you found a buyer, but sorry you had to part with it. What did you do about the taillights? Or is that the new owner's headache?
The new owner took it with the original lights, he found a shop that has converted them previously that said it would be no issue to do it. I have asked him to report back on what they end up doing for the conversion, just to satisfy my curiosity.

As much as I wanted to mess with it myself, I just don't have time at the moment.

·
Super Moderator
6,115 Posts
The new owner took it with the original lights, he found a shop that has converted them previously that said it would be no issue to do it. I have asked him to report back on what they end up doing for the conversion, just to satisfy my curiosity.

As much as I wanted to mess with it myself, I just don't have time at the moment.
Cool. I assume that you also pointed him toward the forums.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK--here's a warning to the other Sky owners out there, be damn sure that you want to sell your car if you try to sell it. I know that deep down minimizing the complication as we prepare for the move is the right thing to do, and I know that something as simple as a replacement windscreen would have been thousands to source in NZ, but it was exceptionally painful to watch the car drive away today.

I've always felt badly when selling other cars I've owned, but this one hurt a lot. It will always have a special place, and I really hope the new owner enjoys it and loves it as much as I did.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts