Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I was in a car crash in my 2008 Saturn Sky Redline.
All front end damage.
I was going to go with a body kit, but can't seem to find one that fits the Redline.
So I need body parts.
Hood.
Driver side headlight
Bumper
front fenders both sides
driver side wheel liner.
I want to keep the car,
It runs great and is a convertible. Nothing else is wrong with it.
The Insurance company will only pay 7k, but I feel that this car is worth a lot more.
It really isn't in bad shape , no frame damage, just bent parts.

Any advice or leads on parts would be appreciated!

Shawn

·
Premium Member
961 Posts
Fender liners are easily available on Carid and Amazon for around $120 total or $60 each.
You can get custom bumpers and hood on there too, but they're not in my personal style.

Get brand new fenders from DDWorks.

The headlight may be a PITA. Check the Facebook groups.
Redline Auto carries a lot of parts too:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Fix it.
may take a while and some searching, but probably worth it

·
Registered
200 Posts
Try Redline auto parts

·
Registered
63 Posts
3k if you're patient, 5k if you need the parts within a week or two. It's going to be pretty difficult, try eBay and the links above

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
My suggestion would be to do some research and if you find the ammunition,, try and talk the insurance adjuster up a bit and take the offer. You will probably spend more than you think fixing your car and it will be substantially depreciated should you ever decide to sell it.

Buy another car that hasn't had an accident even if it costs a tad more. Better prospect for you in the long run. IMHO.

·
Registered
22 Posts
My suggestion would be to do some research and if you find the ammunition,, try and talk the insurance adjuster up a bit and take the offer. You will probably spend more than you think fixing your car and it will be substantially depreciated should you ever decide to sell it.

Buy another car that hasn't had an accident even if it costs a tad more. Better prospect for you in the long run. IMHO.
Do both. Take the payout, buy a new car, buy the old one back from insurance and fix

·
Registered
504 Posts
Just curious, was it your car that was on tv and in movies? For a car that is considered special especially with provenance, there are many types of collector’s insurance. Usually they cost more, but the agreed upon insured value is higher.
Hopefully you had one of those types of policies.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts