Saturn Sky Forum banner
81 - 94 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
@steveorama Thanks for heads up on on Hoosier GXP for parts. I’m sure there will be minor damage not readily seen that will need replacing. Sure helps knowing places to go for parts. I will be restitching the top seams when we get home. Parts already there and my time. I will add my touches to top with red stitching and a good wash once seams are stitched and sealed. I’m sure there are some minor damage with front bumper scrapes and bent supports all due to gapping of bumper to hood/fender. All just part of TLC on any car.
Went over Sky checking for any body issues and found minor crack behind driver’s tire at location for jack to be placed. About 1 1/2” at the most with only a crack. Is there a specific glue that works to bond area of crack? For ‘87 Toyota MR2 plastic, ABS black pipe bonding agent worked to stop cracking and connect broken plastic parts.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
It looks like you have a CAI (possible the GMPP one), but it appears that you do not have the GMPP tune (officially known as the GM Turbo Upgrade kit). That's also a very dusty engine compartment, has the car been sitting for a long time?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
It looks like you have a CAI (possible the GMPP one), but it appears that you do not have the GMPP tune (officially known as the GM Turbo Upgrade kit). That's also a very dusty engine compartment, has the car been sitting for a long time?
It has been used as a weekender by previous owner and hasn’t been cleaned after delivery to new home. Outside needs a good wash as well. Pictures were first day back and a few hours after arriving. Car sounds stealthy for a four cylinder. What other ways are there to find out whether GMPP was installed?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Purchased Sky and uncertain of factual evidence to go with Limited Edition given its color. It does have Limited Edition logo on back bumper so my question, can vin number help to clarify it being a Limited Edition? What attributes does Limited Edition have over a Red Line? Does a Sky owner have data for 2008 vin numbers for me to read and understand? Five and sixth position L-R for 2009 do not match with my 2008 vin numbers. View attachment 116990
Maybe the previous owner was trying to make his Sky more attractive to a buyer.

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
It has been used as a weekender by previous owner and hasn’t been cleaned after delivery to new home. Outside needs a good wash as well. Pictures were first day back and a few hours after arriving. Car sounds stealthy for a four cylinder. What other ways are there to find out whether GMPP was installed?
The GMPP tune requires the use of 3-bar MAP sensors that differ from the stock ones in only having one attachment screw. Since your MAP sensors have two screws, you do not have that tune. It is possible that you have an aftermarket tune, and the only real way to determine that is to do a full-throttle run and note the maximum boost level achieved.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Arrived home today and took three pictures of charge pipe area. I’m interested in what you guys think from pictures. View attachment 117074 View attachment 117075 View attachment 117076
That is the GMPP CAI, I have the same one. Again, no power improvement, but makes a great "turkey call" when decelerating.

And as others indicated, the MAP sensors are stock and not the 3 bar Bosch sensors so no GMPP tune. Most aftermarket tunes use the stock sensors, but the only way to tell is your boost numbers at WOT. Anything above 16ish PSI is most likely tuned.

Curiously someone tapped the wires on the stock MAP sensors, I'm not sure what's up with that. Do you have any accessory gauges?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
That is the GMPP CAI, I have the same one. Again, no power improvement, but makes a great "turkey call" when decelerating.

And as others indicated, the MAP sensors are stock and not the 3 bar Bosch sensors so no GMPP tune. Most aftermarket tunes use the stock sensors, but the only way to tell is your boost numbers at WOT. Anything above 16ish PSI is most likely tuned.

Curiously someone tapped the wires on the stock MAP sensors, I'm not sure what's up with that. Do you have any accessory gauges?
I will have to take a closer look at sensor. Butt sore and back tired from many days of sight seeing and long drives. I was trying to unwind while adrenaline was kicking in when I saw car. Just overlooked when taking picture.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
Rectangle Font Tints and shades Monochrome photography Monochrome
Rectangle Font Cemetery Technology Electronic device

RPO from glove box with five RPOs I could not find—-1SZ, R6H, R7Y, R9N, 311. Anyone know what these are? I used Robert Casey’s book for all the RPOs but couldn’t find these five in book.

·
Premium Member
08 Redline. RPM"s CAI, charge pipes, CAT delete & ECM Tune. diy tunnel brace. ProBeam.
75 Posts
Hey Guys: The new book available through Amazon is packed with great information. I've been collecting any information I can get, for years and have manila envelopes full of great information. This book has much more information and is almost pocket size. Title is ALL Pontiac Solstice and Saturn Sky, colors, codes & quantities.
author is Robert Casey Costs $28. Great booklet!!
Wish they had a digital option! Short of me buying them cutting the binder off and scanning it, any one know if there is a digital version of this book available for purchase?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·

Those two wires tapped had to be some form of a gauge but nothing extra in car and wires leading from connector are cut. Nothing out of place with dash for mounting holes. Not certain reasons for them.

·
Registered
626 Posts
View attachment 117088 View attachment 117089
RPO from glove box with five RPOs I could not find—-1SZ, R6H, R7Y, R9N, 311. Anyone know what these are? I used Robert Casey’s book for all the RPOs but couldn’t find these five in book.
I have those same RPO codes on mine. This is per GM when I requested my build sheet.
1SZ- Discount Option Pkg (Axle)
R6H - SDS Charge
R7Y - Communications Plus Program
R9N- Processing Code - Seat
31I- Interior Trim Lt Cashmere.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Those two wires tapped had to be some form of a gauge but nothing extra in car and wires leading from connector are cut. Nothing out of place with dash for mounting holes. Not certain reasons for them.
I'm guessing an analog boost gauge at one point in time too. The pillar pod by DDM is usually where those are mounted on our cars. Not many other spots other than some custom work I've seen.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Purchased Sky and uncertain of factual evidence to go with Limited Edition given its color. It does have Limited Edition logo on back bumper so my question, can vin number help to clarify it being a Limited Edition? What attributes does Limited Edition have over a Red Line? Does a Sky owner have data for 2008 vin numbers for me to read and understand? Five and sixth position L-R for 2009 do not match with my 2008 vin numbers. View attachment 116990
Mine is the "Hillbilly"edition. The factual evidence is that I live in the Ozark mountains in Arkansas! 😆😆
Automotive tail & brake light Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire

81 - 94 of 94 Posts