Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I scored a mint Saturn 360 for dirt cheap, and thought I'd share two highlights:

Cover:

Evocative electric concept (34 electric only miles??? Yeeesh):

Speed Racer styled Sky:

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
And the Sky features pominently in the video for his song "Lost Highway".

Reactions: sahein

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
That was a fun magazine. Used to get it in the mail back in the good old days. Think it came out quarterly. Remember driving a 40mpg SATURN in the mid 90s. "A different kind of company, a different kind of car."

·
Registered
556 Posts
So far, have the Sky hat, book, diecast car, brochure, calendar and magazine road tests… addicting to say the least.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
If you want something off eBay you have to be ruthless.
If you really, really want it you have to be a good snyper.

·
Registered
556 Posts
How many new owners of the Kappa know this name?
Sadly, that is true. He has written several good books about his experiences in the automotive industry….. I purchased a new-autographed copy for the same price as one without the autograph.
If you love cars, I would recommend reading his books.

·
Registered
626 Posts
View attachment 116624

Just got my brochure :B
I've been building my collection as well. The 2009 brochure was easy to find. The '08 and '07 were both much more difficult. I ended up getting them from a German seller for a better price then what I was seeing them listed for here stateside on ebay. The '08s rarely seem to come up on ebay, I think I've seen 3 or 4 since I started looking a year ago. I lost 2 in bids, just didn't want to get crazy on the price.

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I've been building my collection as well. The 2009 brochure was easy to find. The '08 and '07 were both much more difficult. I ended up getting them from a German seller for a better price then what I was seeing them listed for here stateside on ebay. The '08s rarely seem to come up on ebay, I think I've seen 3 or 4 since I started looking a year ago. I lost 2 in bids, just didn't want to get crazy on the price.
View attachment 116648
Paid $7 for the brochure shipped! I love your collection.
Was able to pick up the Solstice Book for $80 on Amazon. Just messaged a seller with an offer, and they accepted. I can't wait to get it!!!

·
Registered
626 Posts
Paid $7 for the brochure shipped! I love your collection.
Was able to pick up the Solstice Book for $80 on Amazon. Just messaged a seller with an offer, and they accepted. I can't wait to get it!!!
That's actually a really good price on the Solstice Book. I've only ever seen them on eBay and Amazon for a couple hundred bucks these days. I have that one also, I got it on the Solstice forum a while back from a member. It's actually a really great read and way more informative than I thought it would be. I thought I recalled somewhere saying where the author had written up some additional pages as a postscript after the close of Saturn and Pontiac or something like that. I could be wrong though.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Reminds me of working at Vetronics in Santa Barbara. We had an EV-1 come in one day. Interesting thing to get into and "turn on" with a switch. Put into "foward" and step on the pedal. I swear, it made a George Jetsons humming sound when driving around.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts